YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 02-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
My new micro rs4 pics.

Well, in another thread when I was chatting it up with Alfred, he had mentioned to me about snapping some pics of my build up of the micro I just recently purchased. So tonight i'm posting some pics of what it looked like before I tore it down.

Remember, its nothing special, nothing creative, nothing that is going to make you go... WOW!~ ... just a micro put together by .. well.. me. Parts that I hope to get installed into it were all suggestions made from members of either this site or one18th.com.

I will update this with pics from time to time over the next couple of weeks as I put all that stuff into it. So in case you are really bored you can swing by and look to see what I have added.

BTW - If you are wondering about why I have a very red blanket on my desk, its actually an auto technicians drop sheet for the seat. Its also VERY good to find small parts on.. lol.

I will have to snap another body pic once its complete, because the front end didnt come into focus, only the windshield area (woops).

Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001a.JPG (106.5 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0007a.JPG (163.2 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0010a.jpg (157.0 KB, 267 views)
Old 02-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Love the black bold look of the paint on the Skyline, simple yet attractive. I see your going to be busy for the next couple of days, your going to enjoy installing all the new stuff, and i was going to ask you how come you didnt get aluminum universals the stockers wont hold up well.
Spektrumized
Old 02-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Nice work Nerve.

1/18th scale homeRmade lids...
more...
more2...
Old 02-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
Love the black bold look of the paint on the Skyline, simple yet attractive. I see your going to be busy for the next couple of days, your going to enjoy installing all the new stuff, and i was going to ask you how come you didnt get aluminum universals the stockers wont hold up well.
Hehe yeah, im not one for import bodies, but well compared to that silver lamborghini, I prefered the Skyline. I would love to get a GMC Sonoma body done up or even a silverado/sierra. Then I would paint it in pewter (silver) to match my Sonoma.

Well I have seen HPI Uni's for sale on Ebay, but im holding out for my LHS. My LHS already has a pair on order for me (along with about 7-8 other people). They are badly backordered as most of you know on here, right from the manufacturing level. So when they finally arrive, he is going to send over an email to me. Which at this point, I dont even need them yet. I havent even finished fitting the HS-85 onto the dual link plate.. lol.

Hmmmm I should snap a pic of the current stage

~edit - ill snap the pic tomorrow after work.. im going to bed.. LOL

Last edited by Nerve; 02-16-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
which ones did you get, keep us posted on hooking your micro up man.
Spektrumized
Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
Nice work Nerve.
Thanks Homer. As you may remember from the beginning of December when I posted my first message on one18th.com and you gave me some tips on which parts to invest in.... well ... there they are! LOL. Even after me being somewhat hesitant in ordering batt's from CBPs.com originally, I still ended up ordering one of the Elite1500 6-cell packs. Which I know some people that would like a review of it whenever I get it going.

So pretty much you had a big influence on what im going to install into the micro.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Yeah, nice job Nerve, I haven't seen many MRS4s posted lately
Old 02-19-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
Yeah, nice job Nerve, I haven't seen many MRS4s posted lately
Yeah I guess im kinda kickin it old school. Everyone is into the Xray rides.. lol. Just in my area Xray parts are semi hard to come by, unless I order them from across canada or drive over an hour to the closest Xray dealer.... OR .. I drive 20-30 mins and get all the HPI parts I would need.

I should have some time tonight to work on it and snap a pic of the current state as I mentioned the other day. Turned out it was a busy weekend for me, went snowboarding saturday night and sunday went to the Toronto Rock (lacrosse) game.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Current pic of my ride as I had mentioned. This is how it has sat for the past week and a couple days.... lol. Which im sure is how its going to sit till this weekend at least. The servo and plate I have messed around with a little bit, but nothing else. Its going to be one slow build. I had hoped to be out racing by mid january-ish. That never happened.... lol. Hopefully I can finish rebuilding and installing the parts before spring time *crosses fingers*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0011a.jpg (160.3 KB, 125 views)
Old 02-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

just take your time with the build, you will be much happier in the end when you have all the new parts installed.
Spektrumized
Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
just take your time with the build, you will be much happier in the end when you have all the new parts installed.
Yeah, taking the time with the build is the easy part, finding an hour of time to actually work on it.. that is the hard part! LOL

Im just happy to have a chassis and something to focus some time on, racing is one thing, but I think tinkering with it.. that is the fun part of the hobby
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Yeah I guess im kinda kickin it old school. Everyone is into the Xray rides.. lol. Just in my area Xray parts are semi hard to come by, unless I order them from across canada or drive over an hour to the closest Xray dealer.... OR .. I drive 20-30 mins and get all the HPI parts I would need.
Yeah my LHS is 25 minutes away and they don't have any M18s let alone 18th scale on road parts in general. But lets put it this way, I have 3 MRS4's and one M18. Just love it
Old 02-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Do what i do to get something related to RC done, call in and pretend your sick.......if you have PTO time available use that so that way you will still get paid for that day.......
Spektrumized
Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
Yeah my LHS is 25 minutes away and they don't have any M18s let alone 18th scale on road parts in general. But lets put it this way, I have 3 MRS4's and one M18. Just love it
Yeah I think what one of my LHS's stocks for 1:18 parts wise is decent. They have it all covered except for the car kits. They only had the HPI corvette RTR in stock. Which they were using for more or less a floor model to show to customers etc. So I wasnt interested in that one they had. Unless they were going to chop the price on it . But they didnt.

My other LHS that I just started going too, im not 100% on what they stock for 1:18 parts. But I do know they keep a stock on 1:18 rtr kits. Some used cars for sale and some models and I guess about what everyone else carries.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Do what i do to get something related to RC done, call in and pretend your sick.......if you have PTO time available use that so that way you will still get paid for that day.......
ROFL nice .. never tried that before. I asked once for a day off for someting (say a concert?)... and they wanted to take the time off my holiday weeks
Soo its basically better to fake being sick to do what i want.