YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > XRAY M18T > M18T Discussion

Old 12-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Micro Novice

Question about parts???

Just curious as to whether or not anyone knows if the Atomic cvd's for the M18t are plastic. steel or aluminum? I believe the price on them was around $10 or $11 a set so that kind of threw me off!!?!

thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I think the atomics are aluminum....just like the Xrays and probably all the others.
Spektrumized
Old 12-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Micro Novice

WOW! Thats quite a price reduction from Xrays!!? I could get all four of the Atomic for the price of the one set of the Xrays!!
But then again I guess that whole you get what you pay for thing comes into play!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to acsubie
might be cheap at first, but i can guarantee you will end up replacing most of them within a short time span...get the right ones the 1st time
Old 12-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Micro Novice

Yeah but for the price its almost too tempting!! Anyone had any problems w/ the stock turnbuckles? They seem a tad on the thin side! I had seen a Ti set on ebay but they really didnt look all that great, then again I think they were only $8.00!!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
In what way are you having a problem man....the stock turnbuckle is made of metal.....or are you talking about the ball ends. I personally havent had problems with the stock setup as it is.......
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 12-11-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Micro Novice

Not having a problem....not yet anyways! Just that the stock turnbuckle itself though metal looks pretty thin, just wondering if anyone has had an issue w/ them bending or not?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Dont jinx it man....lol....it should hold up nicely...well so far ive been doing small jumps with my M18t and its been holding up nicely.
Spektrumized
Old 12-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Micro Novice

I hope I dont, jinx them that is! Still waiting on a motor before I can run it how I want to!
Heres a question for someone, is their another body that can be used? I have only found one place that has an Xray body and it will be almost $25 shipped!! If I have to spend that much I guess I will but I would rather find something else! I know the RC18t has a longer wheelbase (4mm) so I dont know if that would pose a problem or not and I am not sure about a mini T's wheelbase!? Anyone use another body other than stock?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:56 PM

Talking

Hey Sik......Ever been to Larry's performance R/C on mound just north of 18 1/2 mile rd. ?.....They seem to know there stuff and have been very helpful in the past. I myself was born and raised in Warren Mi and still consider Larry's my local hobby shop. I now live about 45 miles north of Detroit.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

The only thing i tried was mount and 18t body on the M18t and it was off.....the front shock towers would get in the way and not clear the posts at all....
Spektrumized
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Micro Novice

Hockey, I've been to Larry's once but that was quite some time ago! Its a little far for me, I'm out in the Dearborn Heights/Allen Park area. Thanks for the suggestion though, appreciate it!
Where abouts you stay?

Alfred, thats what I was thinking would happen! I wonder about a mini T crowdpleaser?!?! Thats got some pretty big bumps up front in the hood for the shocks so maybe it might clear the tower!
Or maybe even the IBS body?!? But to be honest w/ everyone I dont want nothing more to do w/ that truck.........EVER!!!
If not I will have to start being nice to the boss (wife) and see if I cant get one of the Xrays!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:28 PM

Talking

Podunk town called Hadley....Cows out number people 10 to one.....Just built a house on a private blacktop road. Moved in about two monthes ago....Cant wait for the weather to break to try running the micros on it. My son and I run rs4's and dare I say mini T's.....Lot of fun once you get them to be bash proof. One of these days I will have to try the m18t. Looks to be very well made. I know Alfred speaks very highly of them. so far I have never seen him steer anybody wrong. There are some really great people here on these forums and he is one of the best. Come spring we start building an offroad track. I will post some pics on this site when its finished.Welcome to yourmicro and hope you enjoy it here as much as I do
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Micro Novice

Well thanks for the welcome! Hadley, huh....never heard of it!
I wouldnt mind the peace and quiet myself......and some land, real land not a yard! As far as the site goes, funny thing is I actually joined a while ago.........I honestly dont even remember doing it! I go on this "other site" alot and seen the name so I thought I would check it out and here I am! I am currently "between" jobs so I now have more time for the good ol' computer! I'll sit back and let the wife do a little work and I'll stay at home and play mr. mom for a little bit!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

hockeypux19, dude thanks for the compliments man.....i help when i can...And i also hope to see you with an M18t later on down the road....
Spektrumized