YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 AM

Steve, are you running any rear suspension?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
He wasa running his m18 (not Pro). They should ban brushless for Micro racing

Not sure if I asked you this before but where do you get your micro tires? I think that is the biggest problem I have at the track, not enough grip. But then again I tried running two cars on two different chassis and they both handle completely different
Ahh ok, so his original one.

I would rather see them specify a certain motor (either BL or non BL), but definately not any stock motor. Any electronics, any battery type (minus lipos). Then I think the micro class would be a bit more even and controlled. Otherwise its down to who has the fastest BL motor and is still a decent driver.

My micro rs4 tires (foams) I got from Zoom Room. They are just down the street (Bayview) from the track. So when I head to the track, I would stop in there and continue on to the track.

Hard fronts, soft or med rears I think is what I was running.

Last edited by Nerve; 12-30-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Yeah, I would like to see a more control class then a wide open class. That way it would save some money and make let the best driver win. I think we should have a control motor and a limit on battery cell then that will even out hte playing field. Anywhere to put in suggestion for it?

I guess I'll have to stop by Zoom Room some time before I go to the track next time. No Grip = VERY slow and can't "challenage" Fabguy.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Steve, are you running any rear suspension?
None. I let the rear flex as much as possible.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:17 PM

Got back from the track and the GRP rear tires worked really well. I found that my Exotec chassis worked better than the ARM pan chassis and for some reason my Exotec car was a lot fast (everything was the same minus the battery).

By the end of the day I got one setup problem with the car, traction roll! So what did you guys do to help battle traction roll with the MRS4? Stiffer front suspension? Seems like my rear ball diff also loosen up a little by the end of the day.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You can also coat the outside of the foams with CA glue........
Spektrumized
Old 01-04-2009, 05:24 PM

any other options?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You can put rubbers up front and medium to soft foams in the rear and see how that works for ya.
Spektrumized
Old 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM

Or I should stop taking that turn so hard.... it's only one turn that causes the problem.

Don't think the loosening of the ball diff caused the problem? The car wasn't performing like this earlier when the diff was a little tighter.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

You can always add some drag when you get into the turn....depending on the radio your using or esc (that is if your esc supports drag brake) you can add some reverse to the mix so that means everytime you let go of the throttle it will start to slow down. This might just help you get into the turn smoothly and not into the turn like a bullet.
Spektrumized
Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 PM

Probably don't need drag brakes, need to get myself tuned to get off the throttle earlier. I think I'm ok with all the other turns so adding drag brakes for this one turn might be a little over kill?

Most of the time I can go through the turn slowly, it was only when Nerve was on track with his Recoil that I'm pushing to try and catch him
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM

Since this is only occuring on my Exotech Chassis and the T-plate seems a little soft (or flexible), would a stiff T-Plate be better since it will reduce the amount of swaying in the rear so less overall chassis roll?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

You might as well give it a try.......it might help.
Spektrumized
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM

Custom fabrication time again! Hopefully pics later tonight. Time to make my "copper" edition of the Exotek

Comparing the current Exotek chassis to my ARM pan chassis, the Exotek does flex or sway a lot more.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Got back from the track and the GRP rear tires worked really well. I found that my Exotec chassis worked better than the ARM pan chassis and for some reason my Exotec car was a lot fast (everything was the same minus the battery).

By the end of the day I got one setup problem with the car, traction roll! So what did you guys do to help battle traction roll with the MRS4? Stiffer front suspension? Seems like my rear ball diff also loosen up a little by the end of the day.
Yeah I was wondering where you went. I saw you, chatted to you and then I got running my 'coil and I turned around again and you were gone! LOL.

I was there till 9pm that night. Had fun running and watching my recoil go in circles on its own.. (lack of battery power). heh.

Back onto your Mrs4,

Now you said only in one turn, is that the one right hand hair-pin turn as you come towards the pit area and then left towards the back wall and around?? If so, my Recoil was dumping in that exact same spot and no other turn as well.

Feathering that corner was about the only way I managed to control it with my setup on my recoil thus far. Take it very easy on the steering and back off throttle slightly. But still have to keep momentum going.

Now as far as I can remember from last year (different track design), I managed to control traction rolling on my micro. There were times when it would still spin out, but I think I mostly controlled it. Keep in mind that being lower to the track and running over duct tape DOES catch the micro at times. I wish they could have put down a sub floor to mount the carpet w/o using tape on the top surface.

As Alfred mentioned, coat the foamies with CA glue (not gobs of it). But that does help out the tire, plus keeps pieces from ripping off easily.

As for trying to catch up to me, if you wanted to buy my Futaba MC230cr and Team Orion big block setup, lemme know and I can figure out a price for you? Flip to my micro rs4 thread in my signature for a photo of it, im sure there is one in there.

EDIT: Found the most recent photos I was talking about.

http://yourmicro.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=105

Last edited by Nerve; 01-07-2009 at 02:17 PM.