YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-09-2007, 02:17 AM
96744 Micro's

Here are pics of the current setup.

Oh yah I also attempted to make a winch ( got the idea from a guy on RCCrawler.com in the scale section uses the stock TLT cantilevers ) Also added a roof rack ( another idea from RCCrawler.com ) it is a less than $3 bird feeder from Wally world Most guys use the lower half of it, but since the Bronco roof is shorter I used the top half and got it to work. I think it came out pretty good
And it has already been rollover tested and is holding up quite well!hehe

And some really short vids of the droop setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WV9IdV5R8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZ4btIbGho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K2A.JPG (180.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg K2B.JPG (213.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg rr14 (Large).jpg (148.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg rr15 (Large).jpg (131.7 KB, 14 views)

Tamiya M03M w/HobbyWing 13T Brushless
Corally RDX Novak GTB w/17.5 Hacker
or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
RC4WD CNC Bully MOA Axles w/ Kamikaze 4.0
Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
96744 Micro's

Well I guess 2 months is quite a long time since the last post!

Anyways the TLT (axles ) have been put back on my PimpSlap torsion chassis.

I race onroad with some guys that are in the HRCC crawler club and they along with Mr. Ronbeck convinced me to go out to a Crawler Comp

Basic setup

PimpSlap Torsion Chassis
Locked TLT axles with The Crawler Store Clocked Axle C's and Alloy Knuckles.
Locked Pede trans 90t spur 16t pinion
The Crawler Store BM6 outrunner brushless motor
Thunder Power 2cell 1320mah LiPo pack
Mamba 25
TowerPro 995mg servo
Axial Beadlocks with Proline Moabs

I was a little worried about the power combo as I have read that the BM6 motor likes to be run with 3cell LiPo power but I only had the 2cell. Another thing was the Mamba 25's weak BEC. As I did not pickup a Castle Creations BEC before the comp (went straight to the lhs after the comp to get one though )

However I was pleasantly surprised that the combo worked very well. The only issues I had was with not putting the Mamba in the right reverse mode. Went with Forward, brake then reverse which has a slight delay before engaging reverse. This cost me in one situation where I was sliding down into a hole and could not get into reverse fast enough!hehehe And there was only one time that the Mamba's BEC was not able to power the servo and the motor at the same time.

But I never was in a situation where I did'nt have enough power. And the throttle feel was smooth for the most part with some low speed sputtering.

The body on the PimpSlap is one I got from a T4 I bought for $40 from the lhs. The thing was painted very poorly! And when I went to clean it up the motor spray got onto the paint and ate it right up!hehehe So I tried to strip the paint but only about 75% of the paint came off. The rest was enamel I think? So I ended up painting the outside of the body the morning of the comp! hehehe

Came out o.k. I think! Atleast it was a huge improvement of what it was before!

The comp went pretty good! I finished tied for 8th out of 16! So I felt it was a totally above average performance for me and the Pimp! Since I really did'nt drive it much and definately not on the types of rocks the comp was on. Or more so the courses. It's a lot easier to just crawl around without a set destination!hehe

Not sure how much more comps I will be going to? But I am glad that I at least went to 1! This really showed me what my truck was capable of and what I could make improvements on (the BEC being one of them) I am going to go back to the 55t lathe motor and will be trying out the Mamba 25 with the update I have already read other running it and it working o.k. and I actually made the change over today and ran it a little with no issues so far. The test will be to see if it can handle the 55t and a 3cell lipo?!

I feel the lathe will offer better throttle control. Although if I use the Mamba 25 it will be interesting to see how it's low throttle control is? The only brushed esc I have I can use is the stock Tamiya esc which will work but is not exactly a high performance esc!hehehe I had 2 esc die on me this past onroad season a MC230cr and XRS. I can't really complain as both were bought used and lasted about 2 years.

Well here are some pics of the current setup and some pics from the comp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7351 (Medium).JPG (75.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7352 (Medium).JPG (127.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg pimp17.jpg (110.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (307.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (328.8 KB, 8 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
96744 Micro's

more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (286.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (326.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (346.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (264.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (285.2 KB, 8 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Now those are some awesome pics........so how did you do in the comp.
Spektrumized
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 AM
96744 Micro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
The comp went pretty good! I finished tied for 8th out of 16! So I felt it was a totally above average performance for me and the Pimp!

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Sorry i know i should have read through the whole post, but the pics just mesmerized me......lol......
Spektrumized
Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 AM

We need some snap shots from the EDGE of your truck .....
Old 06-13-2008, 04:33 AM
96744 Micro's

Well sorry about that

Man it's been over 4 months since I last posted in here

Anyways the TLT axles were taken off of the Torsion (aka Pimp) chassis and put onto my K2 chassis and setup with a Full Droop suspension. I ran this when I had it running the Bronco body and liked how it worked. So I wanted to give it a try with a more comp oriented setup.

I got a K2-3S from a friend and set it up with my suspension and links from my K2-3L. With the servo back on the axle, electronics placed better and the battery mounted lower the K2-Drooper performed very well. It ran very similar to my torsion but with a little more flex and better control of that flexing. I was really impressed with it!

Unfortunately I never got around to going to another Comp!hehehe It did get some runtime though. I have just been more involved with our On-Road racing Club running my Mini, Trans Am and 12th scale cars as well as running 18R on Friday nights!

The K2 was all set to make it's Comp Debut for the HRCC summer series when they started talking about starting a 1.9 Comp Tuber Class! This is where the post Big posted starts making some sense

I recently won an online contest on NitroKillers.com which was for a The Crawler Store EDGE chassis http://www.tcscrawlers.com/On-Sale-2...s-p-16621.html as well as a MaxAmps 3S 1100mah LiPo pack

So being bored I decided to try and build a 1.9 Comp Tuber using my EDGE chassis. Was pretty straight forward although I had to make my own skid plate out of cutting board (not hard but not easy to drill straight holes in!hehehe)

But I got it put together pretty quickly. But never got to run it. The first comp was this past Sunday and it did'nt seem there was any real interest in getting the class started. So again I ended up switching back to my K2-Drooper!hehehe LOL! And now have switched back to the 1.9 Comp Tuber! LMAO!!!

I redid the link setup for a 50/50 split (first setup was more of a 40/60) I still need to order some 1.9 tires. I FUBAR'ed a set of 2.2 Moab's trying to reduce them to 1.9's! Again LMAO!!! They look o.k. from about 10 feet, but work o.k. Also need to pick up an Axial skid for the AX-10 Trans I have.

The main reason for going back to the 1.9 Comp Tuber was that I was able to pick up a used Axial AX-10 roller locally!!! So I will be using that for my 2.2 Comp Rig! This is just what I needed another crawler so that I could build to rigs instead of flipping back and forth!

I ordered a TCS skid for the AX-10 so that will allow me to use it's stock skid on my 1.9 Comp Tuber. But hoping to pick up another stock skid from a friend so I can get this thing running.

Here's some pics

The EDGE pics have the Moab's still in their 2.2" size. And don't mind the body on the AX-10 it came with the truck!hehehe I seem to have some luck lately with truck bodies. This one is pretty bad but nowhere near as bad as the one that came with the T4 I bought!HEHEHEHE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k2droop1.jpg (56.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg k2droop3.jpg (67.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg EDGE1.JPG (46.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg EDGE5.JPG (56.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7953 (Large).JPG (204.3 KB, 6 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 09-25-2008, 04:22 AM
96744 Micro's

Well once again it's been awhile since posting in here last.

Anyways....

First off I sold my AX-10 to Big-Kid It was a really good truck but I just decided I wanted to try and get a Berg Axle setup

Second my 1.9 Comp Tuber has now been converted to 2.2 Comp Tuber as the 1.9 class has not materialized here yet? And with the Losi Mini Rock Crawler out now that looks like a more fun 1.9 Class Crawler.

So my 2.2 Comp Rig is now running
TLT Axles Locked. Front axle has the aluminum clocked c's and knuckles. Rear is stock. Both have full bearings.
Losi XXT alloy shocks. Losi Yellow Springs front, T-Maxx Red Springs rear. 60wt. oil
Axial Trans 14t pinion 90 tooth spur. Drilled the out drives to install some Traxxas pin screws for a more solid connection.
TowerPro Servo
CC Mamba Max and BEC
Integy 55t lathe
SR3000Rx, DX3R
3S MaxAmps 1100mah LiPo or 3S Hyperion 1500mah LiPo
Proline Beadlocks and M3 Hammer's with Memory Foam

Have not gotten much runtime with it since the conversion with little issues coming up here and there!hehehe But when it was running it looks pretty good.

I am not sure how long it will stay this way? Or how long it will be my 2.2 Comp Rig? I really would like to go with a Motor On Axle setup if I am going to Comp more? But we will see I guess?hehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0918081204a (Large).jpg (222.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 0918081205 (Large).jpg (237.2 KB, 4 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 10-22-2008, 04:10 AM
96744 Micro's

Time for the monthly update

We had our last Season Final Comp this past Sunday!

I was all set to run the K2 with either the Droop or Sprung setup. But started having driveshaft issues! They just kept popping off whenever the truck got in a tough spot

This was the week before the comp so did'nt have time to order driveshaft rings? Went to the hardware store looking for something to use and found some 3/8th inch copper coupling that was a pretty good fit! Had to cut them to size, pinch them a little for a snugger fit on the driveshaft and also CA'ed them to help hold them in place hopefully!hehehe

So had been thinking of a new "Comp Chassis" but did'nt really want to spend alot of money? Cruz'N RCCrawler.com I came across the MFM Black Widow chassis. After reading a couple of build threads and finding out that for $43 shipped I would get Aluminum side plates, Delrin skid plate with triangulated lower link mounting and Delrin lower links I just could'nt pass up the deal!!!!

http://www.mfmracing.com/

Ordered one on Monday and got it in on Saturday the day before the Comp

Was'nt sure if I wanted to try and build it up then or wait till after the comp? Figured I bought it to comp with and this was the last comp of the season so decided to build it up!

Was pretty straight forward and went together pretty quick and smooth. Did'nt realize how narrow this chassis is! I really did'nt like this narrow style but after building the MFM I have changed my mind.

Went to the Comp on Sunday having just built the Truck, and never driven it at all!hehehe This is only my 3rd Crawler Comp and with my 3rd Chassis setup!hehehe

The Black Widow performed really well considering the circumstances! Was really impressed and it's vertical climbing ability as well as it's sidehilling! The truck was one of only two trucks to make this one gate that was about an 80 degree vertical climb! The other truck was a Berg!

Somehow managed to make it into the Top 10 letting me crawl on the Final Course but I had snapped one front and one rear axle shaft!hehehe A friend gave me some shaft to make the repairs so after about 20 minutes I had the truck fixed and was able to run!

The start of the Final course was where that 80 degree vert climb was the first gate! I got through the first 2 gates but the 3rd one was Friggin NutZ!hehehe Ended up popping the steering rod and breakin another axle shaft!!!hehehe

Overall it was a Great Day of Comping! And I am very pleased with the MFM Black Widow chassis! This setup will be staying on the TLT axles and will be my Comp chassis is I am lucky enough to change axles down the road!

Setup List
MFM Black Widow Comp Chassis
TLT Locked Axles. Front has TCS Clocked Alloy Axle C's and Knuckles. Rear is stock.
Both full bearings.
Axial AX-10 Transmission with Integy 55t Lathe motor 12t/90t gearing.
Pede driveshafts for the rear (extended) Jato driveshaft for the front.
REVO Aluminum GTR shocks with JATO blue springs setup 10% sprung 90% droop.
Proline 8 shooter beadlocks with M3 Hammers and 7oz. of weight added to front wheels and 4oz. to rear wheels
Mamba Max
Castle BEC
MaxAmps 3S 1100mah LiPo
TowerPro 995mg servo (cheap but you get what you pay for)
DX3R with SR3000 rx.

What's kind of funny is that considering I did'nt have much time to get this thing built before the comp I think it is probably the cleanest build I have ever done!hehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MFM1.JPG (95.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg MFM2.JPG (89.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MFM3.JPG (96.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MFM4.JPG (86.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg MFM.JPG (92.7 KB, 6 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
96744 Micro's

Well it's been awhile

Truck just got fixed last week

But it also got an upgrade

Traded off my 18R for a new DNA VF Dig unit and a new Mamba 5700kv motor!
The Mamba will be used in my B4.

Got the dig installed on my truck the other day. Was pretty staight forward deal. Getting the linkage and radio setup took a bit more work but again their is alot of info out there so that helped alot!

I have always wanted a DNA dig unit and am really happy that I was able to finally get one! This thing is kewl and so much fun!hehehe Was having a blast just running the truck around the house!

The Dig allows me to have the truck in 4wd, rear axle free wheel and rear axle locked. With the rear axle in free wheel it is supposed to help the truck on steeper climbs. With the rear axle in the lock position it allows the truck to have a tighter turning radius as the rear tires hold their position while the front tires pull the truck around.

Also changed up the upper shock mount setup. Moved the chassis braces up to where the shock mounts and now have the screw for the shock screwing into the braces. Cleans up the look a bit and makes it a little easier to work on. I need to put some fuel tubing on the shock mounting points as their ball studs allow for some play that while not that bad is just a little irratating!hehehe

Need to redo the wiring again as the MM esc was being used in my T4. Going to maybe change the layout to get the electronics on the front half of the truck? Also scored a Hitec servo (forget the #) when I got my T4 and will be using it in the truck once I get a servo horn for it? Looking to mount the servo on one side of my mounting plate so I can put either the ESC or LiPo on the mounting plate as well.

Here's some pics of the dig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MFM6.JPG (69.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg MFM7.JPG (69.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MFM8.JPG (85.8 KB, 3 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

So hows the handling and climbing ability of your crawler now.
Spektrumized
Old 12-18-2008, 04:48 PM
96744 Micro's

Unfortunately have not been able to run it since getting the dig installed

I should work the same though

I think the dig is more useful in comp situations then it is in just free crawling. But it will still be useful

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 03-18-2009, 02:40 PM
96744 Micro's

Finally picked up a new body for this thing!hehehe A Proline Rockstar.

Will post pics once I get it painted.

But atleast I was finally able to dump that T4 body

Here's a short vid of the Black Widow in action! Kind of shows how helpful a dig can be.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71701084087588

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Another nice vid, glad to see that you were able to make it up that mountain.
Spektrumized