YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 02-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Question New MLST

Hey guys!
I'm new to this forum (but am a common member on other RC forums) i have owned a Electric stampede and a t-maxx but never a Mini-Lst. My dad bought one for 50 from a guy at his work (the guys parents bought it for their grand kid but never got into the hobby, I know crazy kid eh?)but there is a problem!

The problem is that when i turn on the TX and RX the throttle works perfectly fine, BUT... the steering doesn't work more often than not. I don't understand why it is doing that.

What should i do first? Get new RX? New Steering servos? or New Battery?

Also... How long does it take the stock battery to charge?

Thank you all for who read this and all your help!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM

The stock battery will take 5-6 hours on the included charger, I believe it's mentioned in the manual.

There are a few things I consider essential:
Deans Ultra Plugs:I've had difficulty with the HPI style plugs on my truck.
MIP CVD's:The dogbones wear pretty quick with normal use.
Losi Peak Charger: It's a peak detection fast charger and it's 20 dollars.

More battery packs are nice too, the SMC1200 has LOTS of punch.

Enjoy your truck!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
With the smallest flat head you have push in the pins on the plug of the servos connecting to the rx....take a look at the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug.jpg (100.7 KB, 23 views)
Spektrumized
Old 02-25-2007, 10:35 AM

Thanks!

Alfred, i actually have that exact screw driver.

Roketmini, thank you now i know why it wasn't turning the wheels. its only had aboot a half an hour of charge.

Is it okay if i had it charge over night?
Old 02-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I would charge the batts when your able to keep an eye on it, bad things could happen when your asleep, why dont you just make it easy on yourself and buy yourself a good peak charger. So this way you dont have to wait half a day for playtime to come around.
Spektrumized
Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 AM

exotek chassis

i just picked up an exotek chassis for a mlst....got an mlst too w fluid diffs...
anybody set one up?? I need to pick a servo...any suggestions???
Old 05-26-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiNewbie21 View Post
The problem is that when i turn on the TX and RX the throttle works perfectly fine, BUT... the steering doesn't work more often than not. I don't understand why it is doing that.
I had the same problem in my MLST. I swapped out the speed control and everything worked ok. I also tried a new receiver and still had the same problem, throttle control but no steering.

I looked close at my old speed control, took it apart to check out the circuit board for burnt traces but it looked fine. Really strange..... When I have time I will try cleaning the plug REALLY good from the old speed control and see if it makes a difference.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 PM

Exotek reply

I have an Exotek kit as well... and have had it for a few months.

Depending on what radio is your truck, I would most likely reccomend this servo "http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNRL2&P=ML"

Hobbico CS-160 Digital

I have a Futaba 3pm 2.4ghz with HRS so the digital makes a big difference..

The servo is kinda heavy... so it is easier to dive front-down off jumps.. but nothing driver correction can't fix.

Besides that the steering throw is AMAZING. MUCH tighter turning radius than my Mini-t. It is Very responsive as well.. I don't even use a servo saver and I shouldn't have to worry about the servo Ever burning out.

You just need to make sure everything fits together correctly.. for optimal performance. You need to dremel/sand down some chassis pieces to permit full travel.. tho I guess it's not Necessary.

What radio system do you use?

How much are you willing to spend on a servo? A low profile servo could be a better choice.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:03 PM

How do you guys like the Exotek chassis kit???
Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 AM

RERacing do you have something very much against me?

You are flaming every one of my posts..

I have burnt out 2 jr-241's and 3 stock mini-lst servos.. Not just stripped gears, but the motors just quit.

I could BARELY make everything fit WITHOUT a servo saver.. trying to add one would've made the installation very difficult. The gears are all metal, and a gearset is what, 15 dollars? So if the gears only last me 2 years.. so be it? That's a long time! It's not careless.. It's not cuz I'm rich.. Besides all that running with a servo saver makes more responsive steering. A tight servo saver would be similar.. but a tight servo saver wouldn't even protect my gears much anyways.

You seriously need to stop assuming. It is ignorant of you to say "The only reason not to is you don't care". The other things you said are wrong, factually (I do not get them free, and I am NOT rich).

Just.. stop. I'm gonna be hanging around these forums quite commonly now. No need to make enemies.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Okay guys, lets get along.....
Spektrumized
Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 PM

Your steering setup is obviously different than mine, then, isn't it?

The servo arm touches the link (turnbuckle? Not sure what it's called - but it looks like one of 'em) without a servo saver...

I'm not exactly sure what I could do to fit in a servo saver. I bought the Exotek kit so that I wouldn't have to fabricate my own parts, and so that I wouldn't have to spend hours updating and refining. It isn't perfect now, but it works, so I'm done messing with it. It's not necessarily ridiculous tho.. just that I don't know what to do. Maybe you find it ridiculous that I am not very creative.. Maybe Mozart found it ridiculous that noone else could compose music like him. Maybe Einstein found it ridiculous that he was the first to devise the Theory of Relativity. Maybe monkeys find it ridiculous that we (as humans) cover our skin in fabrics.

I think you get my point. You keep using these offensive words/phrases.

"The only reason not to is you don't care, get them for free, or got more money than common sense." "ridiculous" "ludicrous" "idiotic"

The wording you use does not do anything to help the guy who was asking in the first place. If you think I am wrong, or if I am wrong, then tell the other guy that. Don't tell him that what I'm doing is "ludicrous". "Wrong" can just be "Wrong". Doesn't have to be anything else.

I have had bad experiences with servo savers in the past.. Are there any rules on how tight to set them? Obviously if they are too tight they don't serve any purpose.. That's about all I know. I stripped all those servos when they had servo savers (though the ones in my mini-lst probably could've been saved if I got rid of that steering link thing).. I even stripped a metal geared servo in my Savage 25 - with a servo saver (not that it wasn't abused, it's just a little surprising that's all).

BTW RERacing Can I have some background information? I'm just wondering is all.. since like I said we will be seeing a lot of each other on these forums.

I'm 15.. sophomore at High School... in R/C for 4 years I think. Savage 25, then mini-t, then mini-lst.

Sorry for hijacking your thread LosiNewbie21. I'm done now.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

This is a place to help each other out when there's a question asked.....dont be cynical towards one another.....
Spektrumized