YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
What motor is he running.
Spektrumized
Old 12-19-2006, 12:48 PM

Don't know exactly what kind of motor it is.

Jerry can and does win sometimes without illegal batteries or motors, if he has a car that is working properly. For some reason or another that working properly part just does't seem to happen very often. In file HRC-0220 you can watch him win in a mostly clean race.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:49 PM

The open-wheeled cars are a bit lighter and it is slightly noticable when driving. Open wheels prevents people from intentially using the walls in various ways. Mostly they just look cool especially in the vids, they look more like low and wide race cars with the spoiler and open wheels.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:59 PM

As for the no-reverse idea, it was interesting, at first everyone kindof kept their distance from each other afraid to end up stuck, but eventually the gaps closed up again and I think now the racing is just as close as before but cleaner, and therefore more realistic looking, everyone was forced to learn how to be aggressive without going overboard. Makes for better videos. In the vids posted so far though everybody has reverse.

Things are always in progress, the track, the cars, things like the no brakes idea, the racing format, and the cam mounting all gets improved little by little and the videos posted so far are from our earliest recordings, so that is why you see Dave's car with no body.

We have more than 20 hours of footage so far, and the vids posted so far are probably less than 1% of that. The on-car stuff never ceases to be interesting, hilarious, and original.

One of the best improvements we made to the track is replaced those padded barriers on the insides of some turns with wedge ramps. So if someone accidently cuts the turn, instead of just coming to a stop and everyone piling up behind them, their line is disrupted, or they get ejected into the air and sometimes flipped over, all depending on how badly they missed the mark. You can sortof see the ramps I'm talking about in this post:
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery12396.htm

Those ramps make for better racing and wild accidents including the cam car itself rolling over.

Last edited by harnois; 11-02-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
That is a nice track, once again the M18 looks awesome open-wheeled.
Spektrumized
Old 12-19-2006, 08:31 PM

The track looks even better after we put all of the sponsorship banners up from last Saturday . There are spektrum, A-Main hobbies, Hi-tec, and a bunch of other stuff that Adam got for his sport bike so now it trully looks like a real life scale track. We haven't gotten any on-board footage with the new banners on the track yet. We grouped them together just like on real tracks so you have the "Spektrum hair-pin" the "A-Main shicane" and the "Hi-tec corkscrew."

Oh yeah Alfred if you think the open-wheels look cool in those pictures what till you see the on-board vids of nothing but open-wheeled cars.

Honestly I don't know of anything else we can do to Adam's track to make it any better. Besides make it a little bigger of course... Adam your bike doesn't need THAT much room in the garage does it?

Last edited by Fajita Dave; 12-19-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Where's the vid of all the open-wheeled M18's, i would love to see it man. I still need to make my way down there and race with you guys.
Spektrumized
Old 12-19-2006, 10:43 PM

Yeah you do have to come down here and race! We are planning on having a big race the Saturday after new years I think (ask Adam about it to be sure). Adam is the one editing them and theres 20 hours of vids to look through and I'm sure he doesn't want to spend all of his time working and editing. I have to try and figure out how to work the editing software on my comp and do some myself.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

That would surely make posting up vids a lot faster man.......yeah i have his number i'll give him a call sometime tomorrow. Just dont be giving me any beers because your going to see a one drunk driver on the track....lmao.
Spektrumized
Old 12-20-2006, 01:43 PM

Yeah our next 'big' race day is Saturday January 6. Our last 'big' day was Nov 25th and we had 8 poeple. Everybody raced all the time, so it was lots of runtime for all. There was a whole range of skill level so everyone has someone to race against.

More details here:
http://www.team-corr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433
Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Yes Dave you should edit some video. Don't know why I didn't think of that. If you've got a DVD reader drive and Windows XP, then you got everything you need. I'll just burn the raw footage to DVD for you. It'll be fun to see what kind of stuff you come up with because you'll no doubt have some different ideas on what to show and how to show it.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 AM

New Harnois Drifting video just released

http://www.harnoishobby.com/videos.html
4 minutes of me and Fajita Dave drifting our M18 roadsters around Harnois Road Course.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Now that was some nice drifting.......what rubbers were you guys using.
Spektrumized
Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM

funny. We just wrapped tape around the stock rubber tires. The tape we used is something one of our other racers gave us, some left overs from where he works, it's some kind of Teflon tape, adhesive on one side and super slick on the other. Electrical tape worked too but it wasn't as slick.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Is this something that you can find at an autoparts store.
Spektrumized