YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM

help?! wheels?

megatech strikes again. this is exactly why you dont see alot of megatech in hobbyshops. they do everything they can do to rig their cars to not accept anything but their own parts. no way do i want megatech tires again, first 3 minutes with my mamba the front tire explodes and rolls the car. so im looking to replace them with something more legit?

i ordered some rc18t wheels/tires online that should hold up to the abuse but as im taking the wheels off today i noticed they have it rigged with a little nob instead of a normal wheel hex. lol nice...good work megatech. even toy grade rc cars like nikko use hex adapters to replace wheels. nice.

so what can i do to scrap those wheels for life? i saw some rc18t hex adapters from integy and a few other companies? if i pick those up like the auction below will those bolt up and fit the rc18t wheels? or at this point do i just trash the whole car and buy an rc18t so i dont have to order pro pulse wheels again?
Old 03-15-2008, 11:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Hey skawty, I think you might be a little confused on the wheel configuration on the Pro-Pulse and the RC18's. They both share identicle wheels. The hex adapther works on both the Pro-Pulse and the RC18, but that's so that you can use 1/10th scale tires rather than the normal mini 1/18th scale tires. Take a review of my posts. I've got pictures with 1/18th scale tires (Pro-Pulse and RC18) as well as 1/10th wheels with the hex adapter.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
Hey skawty, I think you might be a little confused on the wheel configuration on the Pro-Pulse and the RC18's. They both share identicle wheels. The hex adapther works on both the Pro-Pulse and the RC18, but that's so that you can use 1/10th scale tires rather than the normal mini 1/18th scale tires. Take a review of my posts. I've got pictures with 1/18th scale tires (Pro-Pulse and RC18) as well as 1/10th wheels with the hex adapter.

erock, i just dont know what id do if you werent on this board man. u rule. thank you for straightening me out on the wheels. like ive mentioned ive only modified my 1/10 cars and trucks. i saw those crappy little adapters inside the pulse wheels and my face was like turning red as i bolted them back on and got ready to bid my pulse farewell. i had already spent 30 some bucks on wheels and tires for it. thank you so much again. saved my life

also, should i know ahead of time any parts on the pro pulse that are megatech only? such as the driveshaft and spur combo you had mentioned before?

and while i have you in here im having some trouble with my mamba setup. granted its wicked fun by the way. but i can hear definate slipage somewhere once i hit full throttle. even at 70% its not there but at 100% its clicking. i thought maybe the differential at first but if im hammering it off the line, very soon after it will lose power to the wheels and ill trace it back to the pinion screw backing out or being worn down? why would this happen? i picked up a new pinion from hpi yesterday but cant try it out til i get some new tires on it. did you ever experience this? im thinking maybe try some locktite but figured maybe that might just hide the problem and cause it to cause problems down the road.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Hey skawty, no problem bro! I'm a little pressed for time right now, as I'm about to head out to work. I'll get into more detail answering your questions, but I will say this...

The clicking that you're hearing is indeed coming from your gears, but there is a way to fix it. You would need to shim your gears. Pick up Team Associated part # 21141 Shim Set for Differentials.
(Four shims, .324 x .409 x .005 S.S. shim - It only costs $1.00)
Here's what they look like: http://aedownloads.com/downloads/item_photos/21141.jpg
I'll get back to you on how to use them!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Ok I may be a little confused but you can use the rc18 tires without having to use a hex nut adapter you can just buy the tires and bolt them on. So I am assuming the RC18 have these pins too right. I also need new tires because there is nothing left to them. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Yes, you can use RC18 wheels, since they've got the same pin set up as well. Hex adapters are only needed if you want to use 1/10th scale wheels.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:13 PM

use tires for the losi mini t thats what i did.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsybert View Post
use tires for the losi mini t thats what i did.
Yes, you can use Losi Mini-T tires as well, as they are 1/18th scale tires.