YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 05-12-2005, 04:10 AM

Reserve some of them for me too, Homer. You really hit a home run with this

Is that lat one a Porsche Carrera? the back half looks like it, and the fronts rounded. My only other guess-tamite would have to be an S2000?? Great job on all of them. My fav is the Le Mans shell. Is that modeled after a particular car like the BMW or Audi?

Just make sure I get on you order list, or let me know if you start a list for pre-orders.

Hey, just a thought but would you want to sell lots of them? It might be more trouble and late nights than you want right now buuutt...maybe Grafix would want to carry them at his shop? Business would deffinately multiply for you then . Just let us buy some from you first, and we can get them painted for your "models"
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by homer
Sure!

can you recognize it?
Ive already got a name for it.
Gotta be boxster all the way.......By the way didn't you comment on my avatar once and I replied "cant wait to se one in lexan"
I had no Idea that you were working with vac forming.
Well dont keep us waiting any longer
Old 05-12-2005, 08:51 AM

Talking

By the way Homer...Check out maxxnc.com for some really cool machines.
They sell table top 3 and 4 axis cnc machines with an option for a digitizer. If you have questions on what this can do for you let me know. Basically any scale model can be copied and scaled to fit any size chassis and then cut your mold for you.
Sweeeet.

Btw Love what your doing....Keep it up
Old 05-12-2005, 10:52 AM

Re: Homer's shells

Merci Beaucoup...Thanks for the kind & encouraging words, guys.
I would have liked to have these completed a couple of months ago, but "life" is busy.

Mondo,

sorry for my ignorance, but what would an example of a closed wheel RC18T bodyshell look like? I have no idea.

Big Kid,

your answer - bang on. - I named it the GTC (GT Carrera)
as for the lemans, it's modelled after the beamer. The real version is righthand drive, but decided to switch it around. I do have the other one, Audi R8, in the works. Just trying to see how I can adjust the proportions (length) to make it look a bit more appealing. Plus, it has alot more detailed "contours" to carve and dremel. The pics and drawings of it are very helpful - this one will take more time to complete.
selling lots? lol - I really built these from scratch for myself. besides, this is a hobby - I love it! - it keeps me sane.

hockeypux19,
you're avatar? recognize the rearend of the pic attached?
(still working out the undercut and webbing issues on this one...)
btw, your link doesnt work. as for cnc machines, Im from the old school. They're great machines, but this is a hobby for me, I like to feel and see what Im building from scratch. besides I have alot of hand tools and tools, in general, I have access to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf1012.jpg (108.7 KB, 204 views)

1/18th scale homeRmade lids...
more...
more2...
Old 05-12-2005, 11:17 AM

I understand completly....Hands on is by far the most gratifying.
Just a thought-Would some localizied heat during the vac process elieviate some of the webbing issues? Like maybee a heat gun?
Anyway...The whole thing is insperational. If it werent for the tinker factor of this hobbie I would be in a nut house as well.
Try this if your still curious....http://www.maxnc.com/.... I think the last one had an extra X in it.

I design cars on a CAD system all day long And this hobby helps
me deal with the fact that I cant touch what I design until months down the line.

Detroit iron....engineered in India, manufactured in China, assembled in Mexico and sold nowhere. : (
Old 05-12-2005, 11:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
Quote:
Originally posted by homer

jaewj1,
oh...they'll fit alright. Ive designed and tested then on MRS4s (stock, arm, EXO2, IDP, sleeper) and of course, the M18s (except with the vertical mount motor). I went thru enough bodies to make sure they fit.

no no no,, my friend,, i need to make sure it fit my car.. mine is special one of a kind,, micro street force.. btw i wont return it if it fits.. just heds up..lol..

btw i would love to have one for reals ... .. can you copy the 12thscale bodies those guys use,, i guess they mainly use them on carpet,,, that triangle shaped body
Old 05-12-2005, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the link, hockeypux19
It would be (really) nice to have one of these, then of course, the enjoyment of it would only be limited to the vacuum pulling. I can seem myself cursing at the pc if I didnt get the exact cut I wanted. At least with a hand tool, such as a dremel or scraper, Ive got complete control of it.
For me its not the outcome..its the journey...(sounds corny, eh?!)

Man, I feel for you - caught in the endless loop of a slow decision making process (real life). yah, this hobby, by far keeps me sane and allows me the freedom to move at my pace.

more...
more2...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
can you do something like this.. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGVT2&P=ML
Old 05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Micro Master

Send a message via AIM to quietfly
hey homer could post a pic of your vacuum forming setup? I'm interested in what you used, and how you got such Awesome results. I'm anxiously waiting for you to get your rc18t so that i can benifit from your hard work

-Chris
Old 05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Fast,faster, fastest!

Homer,

excellent job! I was wondering if you do your models into production. What's next? the McLaren GTR longtail?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:58 PM
96744 Micro's

I'm not worried about what your going to make next! I just want to see these come to production some how!

It is a little funny how you show people something and they like it and than tell you to make something else!

This isn't a knock on anyone just an observation.

I have a friend to started making stickers for 1/10th drift cars and people liked it, and than proceeded to ask for all kind of different stuff instead of what he had?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Just make sure Homer buddy that you have mine enroute....I need to get in touch with Overdose to see if he would like another commissioned job....This body is going to be one of a kind so i really dont want to mess things up, especially with my painting skills.
Spektrumized
Old 05-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by alfred
Just make sure Homer buddy that you have mine enroute....I need to get in touch with Overdose to see if he would like another commissioned job....This body is going to be one of a kind so i really dont want to mess things up, especially with my painting skills.
its enroute....

more...
more2...
Old 05-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Thanks buddy.......Once i get the parts you need they will be mailed off asap.
Spektrumized
Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jaejw1
can you do something like this.. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGVT2&P=ML
Sorry jae, I have to put a hold on all requests just way too much on my plate. looks simple enough but just so you realize, I start with detailed photos and pics, etc to produce sketches of the profile and then scale down accordingly. Then I make what they call "rib templates" and use a soft clay to build it up, cut, scrape, add, etc... just for 1/2 of the car (as the other half is essentially the same). That's just to get the general shape looking right...I wont bore you with the stuff after this..

MrUnlimited,

well....we're on the same wavelength...see the attached pic...similar to what you've mentioned...a partial shot while I was testing to solve the webbing issues
In this pic, as I stated earlier in the thread, I was running into webbing issues at the rear bottom corners of the mould. here, Im using some plasticine (I took ..I mean borrowed... from my sons toy box) to play around with solving the webbing problem. I used this only because it was fastn easy rather than cutting up some wedges. It solved the problem and no webbing above the cutlines...still fooling around with this one. I dont think I'd want to sell a shell looking like this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf1014c.jpg (34.6 KB, 181 views)

more...
more2...