YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > Duratrax Vendetta > Duratrax Vendetta Discussion

Old 08-19-2008, 02:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
NEU motor test at the track.. 1105/1.5y... vendettta ST

NEU motor test at the track.. 1105/1.5y... vendettta ST

well it has been a long time ... the wait is over.. the monster motor has made its debut at a local outdoor track,,

track description..
hard packed.. rough surface.. dusty/slippery.. one large triple to a small triple.. and 2 large doubles.. and a nice long straight..

backtrack,,,, when i first tested the neu motor,, i had it geared at 19/45 which yielded a axle rpm of 8400rpm.. almost 2000rpm difference from the 5200kv permax..
since i didnt want to burn up the neu while at the track,, (for those that dont know.. dirt tracks are brutal on motors) i geared the neu at 16/45 which gave a 7303rpm at the axle..... this thing was still fast... and because of the surface it made driving very difficult.. well after going through 3 45t spur gears (learning the track was rough and the gears suffered ) i had to convert to a 49t spur and 16t pinion... yes thats right.. since i didnt have a 18t pinion i wasnt able to continue with a gearing closely related to 16/45,, (18/49),, so i had no choice but to go with 16/49 which left me with a very slow 6492rpm at the axle... (19/45 for the permax was 6424rpm...) slower but with TONS of torque.. cooler running...

16/49 it is... the track i have learned by now... and oh what a pleasure it was to soar over the triple-triple and the 2 large doubles- with ease....

i had to be extra careful with the trigger finger since my gearing allowed for more torque,,, but i was able to go around that slippery track with no problems,,, i was actually doing a lil drifting on the turn after the straight and leading to the straight..

going to go to the indoor track tomorrow to try the current 16/49 gearing and the 16/45 gearing on a more high grip track,,

the neu is it.. also it was very smooth.. maybe not as smooth as the mongoose but much faster with much more torque..

stupid me... after a year of farting around.. i never saw the need to change anything.. everything on the car is loose... and the shock oil is OLD... so i figured i would change the shock oil while i wait for the batteries to charge...
holy crap.... im stupid.. well lets just say my driving improved 100% and the car landed and handled better.. cant wait to start changing the old arms,, which rattle terribly, and start practicing for real.. all this testing and no real practice... lol..lol.. im taking one for the team... but once everything is said and done i will start back practicing..

btw i have another review to do... kind of related to this one.. but my testing isnt complete just yet
Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 PM

went to the indoor track today... holy moly... well even with the gearing as it was.. 16/49 i had a ton of revs to go on the straight.. was able o pull away from the mod 4wd buggies on the track,, the power was smooth and immediate,, only one time on the track did i go full throttle.. and that was to clear a triple before the straight.. most usually take it as a double then rollover onto the straight... i have only seen mod buggies clear it as a triple....

the motor did get hot but it wasnt smoking at all.. the esc was warm and the batteries were warm..

the motor was awesome.. this is now my practice/race set up... i would not have it any other way..
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 PM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91515960792879

by the way the only time i went full throttle is when i went about halfway down the straight and when i cleared the triple... other then that i never went past half throttle.