YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews

Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Running hard is not an issue, hitting things is. LOL. I like it alot but after much attention to the knuckles they do have a cheesy build. Heavy build but with tiny attaching points to the A frames.
I noticed in the past and present most people want to jump the R/C car from a steep wooden ramp, that will always resualt in broken parts.
We all seen videos of people jumping a R/C car over there house. LOL!!

On the other hand dirt tracks are built to launch the car into the air, "low and level", so it lands level and stright. there is a difference between wood ramps that launch a car 5 feet up and dirt mounds at a track. Anything will break if jumped and abused.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I guess now you know what to replace or make stronger........one will usually have to do when stock, especially if you want you fun time to last longer.
Spektrumized
Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM

On the manufacture site they talk about some parts that where flawed when made at the factory. Knuckles, pinon gear and i think the A arms.
They offer free replacement parts when they break. I guess the first production run has brittle parts sent out to the public and Global is doing what they can to rectify the problem.
I know it is a new truck and I can see what happened. In time the Rage will be tweaked and the bugs fixed for future production models. Much like computer operating system, like WINDOWS. Ya know.
I would hate to see the Rage discontinued before it really takes off.
I do think if they used a higher quality nylon for the parts then the truck would be a much more expensive truck to buy. I do believe they offered a good truck for the cost even though mine came with a twisted chassis, I am not really mad.
I still have a liking to XTM and always have. The bottom line is the affordability.

I will be doing some beating on the Rage tomorrow and will post the resualts either good or bad. I plan on some hard dirt running and gravil running. Ill throw in a low level jump here and there and see what, if any breaks.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
well if they do break at least you will be able to replace them with stronger units......To me the best part of rc's is running them hard and seeing what breaks, then replace it with hopups to make that section stronger.
Spektrumized
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM

Not twisted at all, my fault

Sometimes we all forget the basics of any model. At first I thought I had a twisted chassis.
I spoke with Mike G from Global and he mentioned a awesome point.
The shocks could not be equal length, meaning one or more of the bottoms could either be screwed on to much or not enough resulting in a wheel that is higher then the rest. Makes sense to me. I looked it over and sure enough that was the problem. All the kits I ever had, I had to build so when building I made sure the shocks where the equal length. A pre built tho might need some reworking.

I did go out and run it hard on hard ground dirt. No handling problems at all, it tracked straight, took turns flawlessly and good power. I did some damage to the rear bumper, a very slight crack from backing into a tree hard. I don't think that is a manufacturing problem as I hit the tree hard.
A very spunky little truck for the cost.

The radio gear although is a no name brand it has a long range and very precise. I don't think I will be swapping it out for a name brand.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I wish i was able to get out today as well and do some straights and drifting.......it has been raining here since last night and im getting sick of it....lol.....at least someone had fun today, im glad you were able to find and fix the problem.
Spektrumized
Old 04-15-2008, 03:34 PM

Drifting?

I never got into or seen drifting R/C. Sounds awesome. is it really a true drift or is it just the power slipping and sliding? Not to sound mean at all. Are the rear tires really spinning with control?
Anyways sounds like a very neat type of R/C
Old 04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Yes you can do a search for it on youtube...........and yes they are actually drifting......they do make tires and drift control units like the HPI D-Box to help with the drift.....me i like to use pvc.
Spektrumized
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM

Very cool I'll do a search.
it is funny everyone wants to go fast, me I want a slow rock crawler/trail rider. LOL, I think the Rage is a perfect platform for it. I need to source the gear for it .
I always have been fascinated with the trail riders who go real slow but navigate rough terrain and climb stuff.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

I love the articulation, the way they move around and over rocks.....
Spektrumized
Old 04-15-2008, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
I like to go fast because I race......
Old 04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Yes i remember.....i also remember those days that you would crash a lot....and take turns at full speed. lol I cant believe that it has been that long.......buddy.
Spektrumized
Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
stevensvario153

alloy knuckles and arms

if you go to ripmax.co.uk ,they sell all the alloy parts you will need,
better go see ya bank manager first . they are not cheap
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 AM

My new xtm rage

I just got the xtm rage a couple of days ago and I really like it. For the price it's a major bargain,I got the brushless version and am very glad I did so.I have noticed that it needs some upgrades but I'm on a tight budget so could someone help me and tell me what upgrades I should get without wasting money or breaking the bank? Thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 06:37 PM
davidleila-rage

Talking

yeah...
ive got my rage about 2 weeks ago. ive only been using it in a concrete pavement.
so basicly you need:
aluminium knuckles, lower suspension arms specialy at the front, and dont install the suspension arms with stock knuckles, they will brake at a minimum crash.
and get some good 2x10mm screws for the ball bearings on the knuckles. otherwise youll bend the screws.
at the back i dont think that youll need to hurry cause the knucles dont brake if your rage flips over because they dont brake they just get out of the suspension arms.
then you can put them back together at ease.
hope this will help.
and get a good set of cash.
rage aluminium comes with a ragy price.