YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 08-28-2006, 05:20 PM

Charger jack mod for stock radio

Hey guys, well even tho I'm not using the stock radio in the mlst I have it in my minizilla and hate that theirs no charger jack cause all my radio's use rechargables. So I had a old radio from MGT that I started to toss out cause its shot and as I did I noticed it had a charging jack! So I was looking over the Losi radio and notice of all things it has a spot for the plug, its just got a cover over it So ttok her apart and popped the cover off and its dang near the right size and the plug I tok out of the AE radio, I did have to do a little carving with the exacto but no biggie. The pics pretty much speak for themselves, and before you all point it out, yes for some reason Losi puts the red lead on the negative terminal and uses a yellow lead for the positive for figure? I just got done charging it up and all's good!

TamTech Frog:Mamba6800,3R shock tower,HPI steel belted slicks, 3R knuckles,Tamiya shocks,
1/10 Frog:CRP items
Blackfoot:HPI rims & Moab meats, Tamiya CVDS, Sport tuned motor,Rooster,CRP items
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You never stop it with the mods now do you.
Spektrumized
Old 08-28-2006, 07:15 PM

Always thinkin..lol plus I have alot of free time.
TamTech Frog:Mamba6800,3R shock tower,HPI steel belted slicks, 3R knuckles,Tamiya shocks,
Blackfoot:HPI rims & Moab meats, Tamiya CVDS, Sport tuned motor,Rooster,CRP items
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
well this will make a good tip for members that want to do this mod, and thanks for posting up some pics as well.
Spektrumized
Old 09-29-2006, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Silver Supra Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Supra
I can charge batteries in a radio with my Pirahna Digital Peak charger right? It can charge 8 cells at once so I'm assuming that I can.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 AM

Long as you got rechargable batteries in the radio. you will have to get a plug to put on your charger also. I made up a lead on my chargers that has just about everything! lol looks funny but every plug from a deans ultra to one of those red bec plugs.
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 09-29-2006, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Silver Supra Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Supra
I think that you posted a picture or something before, because i've seen what you're descirbing. Cool, I thought that using my charger will damage the electroincs in the radio. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:38 PM

Long as you follow the wiring I posted it will be fine, just be sure to set your charger to 1/2 amp or lower.
Hornet,Lunchbox: