YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews

Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azz949 View Post
Hi everyone, as a total beginner I am new to this site and the joys (and pains) of these wicked mini nitro cars. I bought this....

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3010T.htm

A few months ago and am well pleased with it. It has Toki .06 engine, but still suffers the same fuel leaks from the manifold / exhaust gasket, the screws don't seem to do up tight enough, and the gasket was very brittle and broke easy but I've sorted it by making my own gasket and using gasket sealant.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced the low speed needle vibrating loose and actually coming out whilst running. The rubber is still in place. Its done it twice now, and only by pure luck and persistance I found it. Although the needle tip is now damaged, I've been trying to find out where I can get a new one from but have had no luck. Any help appreciated as it still runs, but not very reliably due to the damage to the tip!!
You could try coating the o-rings with RTV gasket maker. It would provide a tighter seal and possibly keep it from backing out. If that doesn't work, blue loctite the threads. That will definitely keep the screw from backing out.