YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-25-2003, 04:03 AM
96744 Micro's

I plan on getting one no matter what comes out first, but I would have to agree with pipeous that a pro kit would probably sell better than a basic kit, just because most of the people buying this car will be micro owners who have been upgrading there micros for awhile now and the first thing to go on a micro is the chassis, though at least the m18 has a pan chassis already.

And if the price is $100 I think it's a good deal, if there's a body?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:14 AM
can I play?

I know several people who are already waiting for this car and they are doing it because I told them you are making a it. They have not seen the photos or know any details. But their goal is the same as mine, I think a pro kit w/ an avilable 6 cell set-up and possibly include the optional one way (center motor mount of course) would be a definite plus and sell very well.

havy
Old 09-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Micro Master

Since we race 5-cell stock now, this really is the perfect machine :-)

Mr. Hudy,
on larger tracks 5 cells will be a little slow I guess, it seems that most micro racing is done on 1/10th scale tracks in the US, that is the reason that most people here will ask for a 6 cell setup.

Over here in Belgium there seems to be a growing interest and people are rebuilding their garages and attics to micro tracks Must be winter season coming up, lol.

5-cell or 6-cell, it still is a remarkable piece of engineering and it looks just as good as the other Xray products.

Greetings,
Fuzz
Old 09-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Roelof
Ackerman is created by using the HPI dual link setup or simulair with a servo saver and 2 seperate steering links.

Ackerman is when steering the inner wheel it will get a bigger steering angle because it it has to turn a tighter corner than the outside wheel.
I understand what ackermann is of course
but how it is set on other micro cars?

If you just adjust linkages from servo (steering rods) you set-up/change toe-in, not ackermann. Ackermann can be adjusted/changed only when you change the point/placement where the ball joint is attached on the steering block or change the point/placement where the ball joint is attached on the steering arm on the servo. Therefore adjusting the turnbuckle (linkage) is not changing of ackermann.

I believe this is of course not problem for Xray to make optional ackermann setting.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:58 AM
IPD racing

Send a message via ICQ to HO502cid Send a message via AIM to HO502cid
Quote:
Originally posted by mario

I understand what ackermann is of course
but how it is set on other micro cars?

If you just adjust linkages from servo (steering rods) you set-up/change toe-in, not ackermann. Ackermann can be adjusted/changed only when you change the point/placement where the ball joint is attached on the steering block or change the point/placement where the ball joint is attached on the steering arm on the servo. Therefore adjusting the turnbuckle (linkage) is not changing of ackermann.

I believe this is of course not problem for Xray to make optional ackermann setting.
We don't want adjustable ackerman, obviously adjusting linkages only changes your toe-in, we are just asking if it will in fact have proper ackerman.

Xray M18 [IPD equipped.]
Tamiya TLT-1 [Penguinr/c equipped.]
Old 09-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by HO502cid

We don't want adjustable ackerman, obviously adjusting linkages only changes your toe-in, we are just asking if it will in fact have proper ackerman.
Of course it will have proper ackermann. M18 is a racing machine and it will have optimum pre-setings and plenty of adjustment possibilities, either stock or optional.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:47 PM
My Precious...

The dual tie rod steering setup reduces "bump steer". That is the Epic thing. It was a great idea. I would be puting that on for sure.

Every body chant the mantra

Pro Kit Pro Kit Pro Kit

Now bang those meeces on the desk

Pro Kit Pro Kit
Old 09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
IPD racing

Send a message via ICQ to HO502cid Send a message via AIM to HO502cid
Quote:
Originally posted by mario

Of course it will have proper ackermann. M18 is a racing machine and it will have optimum pre-setings and plenty of adjustment possibilities, either stock or optional.
I was not insinuating that the M18 was not a racing machine, it was just that some people on another forum were saying that the steering setup does not allow for steering ackerman. Don't worry about it, I will be waiting not-so-patiently for the car to come out but might wait fort the Pro Kit... I am keeping my Micro RS4 though.

Xray M18 [IPD equipped.]
Tamiya TLT-1 [Penguinr/c equipped.]
Old 09-25-2003, 02:28 PM

Even if they don't come out with a 6-cell speed 300 setup.. I think the 5-cell Team Orion Mod setup would be more than sufficient for most racing sutuations... I think that's the setup I'm going to start out with since I have one of those motors laying around doing nothing anyway since I upgraded to my Chihuahua
Old 09-25-2003, 04:29 PM
OI! BOY

i cannot wait for my x-ray or mini t for that matter.....
Old 10-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Connect the dots...

Send a message via AIM to ALapDown Send a message via Yahoo to ALapDown
Hi Mario,

Re-stating an earlier question about KAN cells. KAN cells are similar to the standard 2/3 A cells, but are 1mm longer, thus the concern of them fitting the chassis. KANs are arguably the best racing cells going for the Micro. I put a first charge through a six cell pack at .5 amps and got them to peak at 9.2 volts!!! Incredible! At any rate, it would be great if these cells fit in your chassis. Sorry if you answered this already, I just didn't see the reply.

-Rabid Chihuahua-All bite, no bark.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ALapDown
Hi Mario,

Re-stating an earlier question about KAN cells. KAN cells are similar to the standard 2/3 A cells, but are 1mm longer, thus the concern of them fitting the chassis. KANs are arguably the best racing cells going for the Micro. I put a first charge through a six cell pack at .5 amps and got them to peak at 9.2 volts!!! Incredible! At any rate, it would be great if these cells fit in your chassis. Sorry if you answered this already, I just didn't see the reply.
If they are 1mm longer, there should be no problem.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Connect the dots...

Send a message via AIM to ALapDown Send a message via Yahoo to ALapDown
Good to hear, thanks Mario. Really looking forward to the new car!

-Rabid Chihuahua-All bite, no bark.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Micro Master

US Distributers/ Where to buy

Mario,

I am extermely interested in the new car. Who will be the US distributers, or in other words, Where can I get one?

I understand that I will need a new ProLine F360 Modena body but that is OK with me!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Micro Master

Contact SERPENT USA at info@serpent-usa.com who is the importer. Horizon should have the M18 on their board as well in very short time.