YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 AM

Servo Pix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03384.jpg (90.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-22-2005, 05:37 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03412.jpg (79.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-22-2005, 05:38 AM

Chassis shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03408.jpg (86.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-22-2005, 05:48 AM

Under side pix of servos. The bat between themn is the steering arm connecting the 2 servos. The spring is part of the saver, which I think is like the Mini-T one. The CVD's are all metal, i'll go look up what kind. A plus is that the outdrives are all metal as well, no plastic . Even the diff outdrives are metal.

The diffs do not come filled with anything. The Losi rep reported that oil will not stay in there, but grease will.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03410.jpg (73.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Thanks Kid for the pics i requested....i havent had time to go to Debbies to really look at one and the pics you posted did just that for me.......By looking at it, it seems to be really well made...and i also see that it uses a servo savers per servo...Nice....keep us informed on the performance and any mods you do to it.....
Spektrumized
Old 11-26-2005, 02:41 AM

NP Alfred . Did you figure out if you're going to get one?

So far so good. I haven't had as much time as i'd like to play with it, but it makes me smile when I do. This thing just has so much grunt going thru just about anything.

I am awaiting someone else to post on their new MLST . Come one man, I know your itching too. That blue you got is nice and was my first color of thougt. But, after thinking about it, I did get my stock RC18 and LST in red as well. So now they're all matching

I took the plunge and bought my first BL motor today. I wasn't really supposed to, but the deal was to good to pass up. Now I just need to explain it to my "accountant". After I wire it up and get my JRSX set-up for it, i'll update you guys
Old 11-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
For sure i will get one, just not now....the other half is looking at rings man and its going to put a big dent in my plans for X-Mas.....Im sure you already know how that goes.....lol....
Spektrumized
Old 11-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

MLST

Big-Kid,

Thanks for the info on these, they do look awesome....
What's the RRP in the U.S.A.? Here they cost UKŁ134
I want to get one for my son - they're released on 30th November! Yes, I have one on order...
Old 11-26-2005, 03:12 PM

I think the suggest retail price is at $300. But everyone's going for for $200, street price. Thats what I bought in at locally. Ultimate Hobbies just had a Thanksgiving Day sale where they were going for $165 shipped to the 48 US States . Not sure if they do shipping to oyu?

There is one LHS that is going for $180, and there maybe others on the 'net.

I'll get some pix up of my new power plant. I decided to go BL for the first time, and it'll go into my MLST. The same LHS that was selling them for $180 also had a sale I couldn't pass up on a Hacker motor with a Mamba speedo. Actaully that lucky dog Xtant bought his truck for that price. I guess thats what happens when you can exert a little bit of patience.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Run time should be a lot better with the hacker up in there......Since you considered a heavy truck lets just hope that the top speed will be there also.
Spektrumized
Old 11-27-2005, 01:07 AM

Hacker E-Flight E3-49 4900 Kv 7 amps continuous and 12 amps peak
Mamba 25 speedo 25 amps continuous 4-12 Nimh cells 2-3 Lithium
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03423.jpg (80.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 AM

I got the motor mocked up into my MLST pretty well. Install was straight foreword, only the gear cover and shock had to be removed. I think when I do the real install, the servos will need to be pulled.

I was amazed at how direct the installation looks to be. I don't want to jinx myself though . The motor mount has slots for the pinion shaft to slide in. The Hacker is a little longer, but still has enough room. I'm even going to be using the stock motor screws. Man, they are short, which makes for some patience required to get them in . The layout and design is well thought out and made.

I've got one 2 cell pack that fits, but it's older and is only 10C discharge. I'm on the hunt for something newer and 3 cell as well. The Thunder Power packs look to be leading the pack in making there way into other guys trucks. I haven't tried them yet, but might have to. The batt compartment is tight. But, Xtant did say his 1320 pack has room to spare.

Things to do for installation are to wire the motor connectors, wire the batt connectors on the ESC, install motor and ESC, install RS310 Rx so I can use my JRSX and lower the ride height some. I am in need of some of those "bullet" type connectors that are on the Mamba and 2 more batt packs. Then vroom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03430.jpg (87.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Nice going man......so were you able to run the lil lst.......
Spektrumized
Old 11-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Not yet, just had time to mock it up and clear out any issues. It also showed me what I need to get and want to get. I need the bullet type connectors on the Mamba end for my motor. I want the USB link to simplify things (plus at like $25, it's well worth it), some bigger pinions to try and get a little more top end, I want a 3 cell pack and I need more time !
Old 12-03-2005, 12:18 PM

I ran into a "problem" that shoudl hopefully get resolved tomorrow trying to install the motor. But, I did get a nice bash sesion in with Xtant and some other guys last night in a parking lot.

The speed makes a noticable jump when XTant and I both started using a 2 cell Lithium pack. He had a Thunder Power 1320 and I was using a Kokam 1500, both at a 10C discharge. The trucks reallly liked the extra juice. If you're going to stick with Nimh's, try and get that extra cell in there with GP's and i'm sure you'll be happy with the difference. As for a difference between the 2 packs, it was close but I think his truck had a slight advantage.

Thunder Power makes the 1320 mah pack in a 3 cell version, which I just obtained. Afte4r I get things squared away with it i'll let you know how happy I am with it.