YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 02-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Baja ESC

What will this handle as far as motors? I called Losi and the guy seemed clueless, he said they hadnt tested anything and said not to use anything but the stocker. I was thinking about ordering something a little faster, Trinity Mini Monster Pro or something like that. My question is does anyone else use the stock ESC with a aftermoarket motor and what kind? Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:06 PM

Try www.blindbatts.com or www.unitedrc.com and get yourself a 7 cell or 8 cell battery first. If that doesnt do it for ya go out and get the team orion Baja motor. It will have tons more torque and speed than the stock rs280 motor. The Baja motor will bolt right in and wont hurt your esc. If you do go with the Trinty line of motors beware because some of them are pretty hot and will fry your esc. I would also suggest investing in some metal pinion gears as the Baja will melt the plastic ones. I would get several like a 10 through 14 tooth. My guess is the 12 or 13 will be perfect. Maybee 14 with 8 cells. Just watch the temp of the motor. If you heat it up to much you will burn it up. Then you will to get the rebuild kit. Btw the stock motor is non rebuildable.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Hi, this was raised in this http://www.one18th.com/forums/showth...t=47100&page=1 thread at one18th.com. mOOse reckons that the stock Baja was better than a Novak Spy, as it is the same ESC used in the MLST which runs 2 motors, so any upgraded motor would be fine with the stock esc. Orion's Baja would be no problem as it was designed to run with stock electrics of the mini T. Hope this helps.
If you are looking to upgrade your esc I'll take the stock Baja esc off your hands.