YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-12-2007, 12:03 AM

Chop, Drop, Snip Snip..

..Oh what a new Modified Stock it is.

I was inspired by Erock 808's new project to break out the optional shell I bought way back when I first went crackers stocking up on all the Propulse upgrades that were available and use it for the resurrection of the Modified Stock T100.

Some of you may be aghast that I went and hacked a new $30 lid . But it wouldn't be a Bloody Bastard RC if I didn't.

Only mods so far are lowering the chassis height, new front shocks (RC18T) and the dropped body and mounts. More upgrades are planned. New updated chassis shots will be posted after more mods are installed.

Meanwhile, here's more shots of it with the SuperMambafied..

Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Hey BB, I feel so honored that you've felt inspired by my new project to break out your shell! I love what you've done to your "new $30 lid" because that definitely does give it that "Bloody Bastard" touch! Any chances of it seeing your trademark black "Basher Paint Job" as well? Keep up the awesome mods! It's people like you that inspire me to do mods to my T100 ride! Thank You!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:14 AM

You've just also inspired me to put up some group photos. I've put them in my "Project: T100(R)" post. Check it out!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
Hey BB, I feel so honored that you've felt inspired by my new project to break out your shell! I love what you've done to your "new $30 lid" because that definitely does give it that "Bloody Bastard" touch! Any chances of it seeing your trademark black "Basher Paint Job" as well? Keep up the awesome mods! It's people like you that inspire me to do mods to my T100 ride! Thank You!!!
Thanks Erock, I like to think that the purpose of forums is to share, inspire, inform and become informed. I enjoy sharing my ideas with other's who are interested.

As for the 'paintjob' I am actually liking the "Red and Black" team look. I have already started incorporating some cheap 'Black Sharpie' accents . You'll see them in the next round of update pics.

cheers
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM

Here's a couple updated shots of "Red", the new Modified Stock with the addition of new wheels/tires and some cheesey Sharpie graphics . I also have 18T shocks all around now. Mods still to be done will include the high speed servo and titanium turnbuckle tie-rods.

Took the Mamba/Brushless gear out of "Black" after destroying the spur gear . I'm putting back the Twin Motors. It's was just way too crazy for 1:18 off-road. Also going back with the stock electronics because, well, the propulse stock electronics are working just fine. With the exception of one TX that went crackers on me. Fortunately I have three. But if another one goes whack on me I will be getting an aftermarket FM-27 TX. Otherwise the ESC's and RX's have been doing great so far.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Alright! I always love it when you put up new pictures of your rides!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Once again, looking good.........
Spektrumized
Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 PM

Hey BB, I've been meaning to ask you, what do you use to cut out the shock clearance on your body... an X-acto knife or a dremel?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
Hey BB, I've been meaning to ask you, what do you use to cut out the shock clearance on your body... an X-acto knife or a dremel?
I start by drilling a hole with the dremel about center of where the cut-out needs to be. I then use a curved x-acto blade to carve out the final shape.
I don't have luck using the dremel for accurate cuts, it has a tendancy to get away from me. I do use it though to smooth rounded edges but not for sharp angle cuts.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Looks really good. Just a question though, you said in the first post that you did some body mods to the orange/red car, what were they other than taking that rear thing off (unless that's it, and I think that it looks much better without that thing).

And are these bodies painted from the inside or from the outside, as I know that most real hobby-grade lexan bodies you paint from the inside. I was gonna give the stock body a nice paintjob.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post
Looks really good. Just a question though, you said in the first post that you did some body mods to the orange/red car, what were they other than taking that rear thing off (unless that's it, and I think that it looks much better without that thing).

And are these bodies painted from the inside or from the outside, as I know that most real hobby-grade lexan bodies you paint from the inside. I was gonna give the stock body a nice paintjob.
The easiest way to 'see' the mods I did to the bodies rather than me describing them would be to compare what mine look like to the one's Erock 808 has in his current posts (although I think he may be in the process of doing some chopping and dropping as we speak.. ). His are what the bodies look like stock. Also one of my earlier threads called 'Modified Stock T100' I included side by side comparison pics.

They are painted from the inside as all lexan bodies typically are. I painted and accented mine from the outside.

cheers
Old 09-16-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBastard View Post
The easiest way to 'see' the mods I did to the bodies rather than me describing them would be to compare what mine look like to the one's Erock 808 has in his current posts (although I think he may be in the process of doing some chopping and dropping as we speak.. ). His are what the bodies look like stock. Also one of my earlier threads called 'Modified Stock T100' I included side by side comparison pics.

They are painted from the inside as all lexan bodies typically are. I painted and accented mine from the outside.

cheers
Ok thanks. Too bad that they didn't sell Pro-Pulses with clear lexan bodies so you could put your own paint on... I guess I'll just have to paint mine from the outside when I get it.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:49 AM

dude bb ur a pro pluse master lol good job on all projects