YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 05-26-2008, 01:13 PM

Front bulkhead upgrade

Well, I expected something to break, eventually. I snapped the lower front chassis mount/bulkhead. Parts are cheap ($4.00), but I was wondering if anyone knows of an upgrade without resorting to a new chassis set. I'm looking for CF or aluminum. Thanx.

-Russ
Old 05-26-2008, 01:18 PM

Just for clarification, it was the middle piece that snapped.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=LOSB1018

-Russ
Old 05-26-2008, 07:56 PM

Thanks man...I'll check them out.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 PM

Not necessarily..

Under certain conditions a part will break, no matter what, but having a few aluminum parts can greatly enhance the strength of your mini-t.

I have an almost full alloy mini-t (cheap integy alloy) and I haven't broken a chassis piece in months. I strip gears with my 5.4k Mamba and I am constantly having to rebuild shocks and adjust and readjust.. but at least it's not breaking!

Interesting thing is that Almost every part is alloy Except the main chassis itself. I have only broken one chassis, ever, tho. And I was missing two screws at the time.. kinda my fault.

I would reccomend upgrading the small parts like the knuckles and c-hubs and leaving the larger parts plastic.. as they are stronger already.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 PM

lol

Well the screw thing was entirely my fault.. I forgot to put a couple screws in. Either I forgot or I got lazy.. still my fault.

I have stripped an idler gear and a spur gear due to improper mesh - all fixed now tho - and it is holding up Incredibly well... The 5.4 kv has plenty of torque with my 2-cell lipo and I can do wheelies all day with no problems.

Really crazy.. I guess I'm just used to my Mini-lst transmission lol (it Sucks..)
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 PM

?

Whats the CAPS for?

Sounds like your angry or something..

I'm seriously telling you that I screwed up, but I fixed it. Now that I fixed it, it works fine!

It was my fault tho. I know that. I got lazy.. lost the spur gear cover.. didn't threadlock...

I just wanted to put a word in saying that mini-t's can work very well when set-up correctly.

Please no hard feelings? I didn't mean anything.. it just Seems like you're angry.

And the mini-lst thing - a losi ball diff I had in my mini-lst didn't last long at all.. and the stock is too open. I meant the entire transmission tho.. including diffs and driveshafts.. The dogbones/outdrives are soft and erode themselves away.. the axles bend.. the diffs strip.. the wheels crack.. the slipper doesn't even do much..

I managed to get it all working.. many dollars/hours later tho!

If you have a mini-lst, you have to agree the whole drivetrain is not very durable.

Last edited by zaner123; 05-30-2008 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Forgot about something..
Old 05-30-2008, 05:30 PM

It's agreed that most of us don't go out to intentionally trash our cars, but the reality is, things happen. There are those who immediately write something off as "junk" the first time it breaks, usually due to improper installation, or pushing a vehicle beyond its limits. However, most references to something being junk (excluding whiners) centers around the design/quality of materials. Over the years, my experiences have been with brittle plastic, or design flaws that wear unevenly. Educating each other on basic mechanics and known design/quality improvements are what these forums are all about.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Definetly true.

RERacing did you ever have (or have now) any rc18 series r/c's? So many people say that they are ungodly durable stock. Is that true?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:57 PM

Do you feel that the Losi Mini's are as good of quality?

I really love their designs.. but I'm wondering if the parts quality is any less than other manufacturers.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:56 AM

Smile

What the hell is wrong with you?

My mini-lst cost 200 dollars. That's just as much as most other 18th scale r/c's.. I have not had any other brand of r/c's tho.

I asked you if you felt the level of quality of the losi vehicles was any lesser.

What "game" are you talking about?

I asked you a ****ing QUESTION

IF I ASK YOU A QUESTION I AM OBVIOUSLY NOT EXPERIENCED WITH THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION.

You are a ****ing *******. Burn in Hell Jackass.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Okay now what is going on here........this is a forum, this is not a place to exchange words.
Spektrumized
Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 AM

Well this is a ****ty forum

RERacing you assume the worst, everytime, that's really ignorant.

I have never had an associated vehicle.. only HPI and Losi. Like I said I am 15, so I don't have means to get to the Hobby Shops and see what the other r/c's are like.

So.. I come to an Online forum.. and I ask a question. But do I get an answer? Hell no!

Thanks for everything.. wow
Old 06-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
What i was trying to say is that both of you guys need to squash this.......if you think about it all rc's need to be hopped up sooner or later, whether its rtr or or in kit form.
Spektrumized
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM

No Kidding.....

Answering questions (especially for unexperienced people) and sharing the hobby with each other is what this forum is all about. Condescending attitudes and the personal insults are not. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:12 AM

Didn't the Mod tell us/you to cut it out?

And you continue..