YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-02-2006, 06:56 PM

looking good x, can the body mount lower? looks like it would look a lil better mounted lower.........
Old 09-03-2006, 05:53 AM
96744 Micro's

Nah it really can't go much lower.

Where it's mounted it is just clearing the trans.

Went looking for MOABS today with no luck! Could'nt get parking at 2 shops and Aloha's had none!

Tamiya M03M w/HobbyWing 13T Brushless
Corally RDX Novak GTB w/17.5 Hacker
or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
RC4WD CNC Bully MOA Axles w/ Kamikaze 4.0
Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 AM
96744 Micro's

I finally got some runtime in with my PAHU today!!!

Went to my uncles house for a BBQ and took it with me to see if there was anywhere to try it out?

Not much rock action but there is a hill on one side of their property that look to be a good test bed.

The dirt really put a hurting on the Masher 2ks! It was a thin layer of little dirt pebbles over a very hard and slick surface!

The PAHU held it's own though and I had fun running it there!!!

I used the EPIC 3k sub c pack since I have no body to run on it for now Was a good thing though as the pack added some much needed weight to the front end.

But even with this pack the PAHU is still pretty darn light!

My usual issues are still there, need more weight up front. I think bb's or weights in the front wheels will definately help! The truck was really hopping around at the top of the hill.

I also need to take the foams out of the rear tires! Which mean another reglueing job!

MOABS are definately in my near future!!!

Another thing I think will help is deeper off set wheels with the MOABS or wideners? or both!

There were a few spots that a wider footprint would have helped.

I am also going to take the PAHU apart now to do a little tweaking on the chassis itself. Try and cut down the side to get a little more flex out of it. snowkd's stick chassis was a 3/4 x 1/2 inch angle aluminum and mine is 3/4 x 3/4 so I know from seeing vids on his that I can cut mine down and not have to worry about it being to weak.

The chassis is pretty tough though as I took some nice rollovers and end over end flips with no damage!

Here's some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stick1.jpg (212.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg stick2.jpg (189.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg stick3.jpg (182.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg stick4.jpg (164.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg stick6.jpg (170.2 KB, 19 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 09-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Nice action shots man.......
Spektrumized
Old 09-09-2006, 12:19 AM
96744 Micro's

ThanX man!

Well got the changes I wanted to make to the chassis done. And also figured out a body mount setup that allows me to run the Buggy body and use the EPIC 6 cell sub c pack!!!

I liked the lipo setup but it was just to light! The added weight of the EPIC pack is a good thing for this chassis since it is so light!

I am now getting between 2.5 and 3.0 inches of articulation with the current setup. it's about an inch more than before the changes!

Picked up a set of Moabs today to!!! But no wheels for them LHS only had RPM Clawz and although I like those wheels I kind of want to run Pede fronts or a set of tamiya's(can't remember the name) I put the Moabs on a set of narrowed Super Nitro 2.2" wheels!hehehe I have to say it looks pretty kewl like that especially with the Buggy body!!!!

Using the Moabs and SN wheels would make my truck narrower by about an inch though! And I think even with the wideners that would probably only get me back to the current 10" width I have with the Mashers and HPI MT wheels.

And I also ordered a set of 24mm wideners from dinball!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stick7.JPG (232.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg stick9.JPG (206.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg stick15.JPG (130.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg stick17.JPG (106.4 KB, 12 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Looks good man, but i dont like the battery placement, i think it would look a lot cleaner if the batt was tucked away under the body.......dont know much about crawlers. Isnt there a way to put the batt in another location......
Spektrumized
Old 09-09-2006, 04:38 AM
96744 Micro's

That is the best location for the battery.

You want as much weight on the front axle as possible for a crawler. It gives the front wheels added traction to get up and over rocks.

The buggy body makes it look worst than it actually is. As the pack is in the same place that it was with the C10 truck body.hehehe

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 09-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry i did'nt even think about that, thanks for the info X.
Spektrumized
Old 09-09-2006, 10:08 PM

shooooooooooooot, dang x the tlt is looking good! love the action shots. i wanna get the gt running but i need some stick packs for the starter box so i can get it started. i dusted it off just gotta put the rx back in it and get batteries........but havent got it running yet........so still racing the m18? got or got rid of n e rc's? how u been.........????? well ttyl
Old 09-10-2006, 08:55 PM
96744 Micro's

hey alfred no prob i'm still new to this crawling stuff to!

supa wazzup man!!! long time no type!!!

that's kewl about the GT! i saw some 6 cell stick packs at Hobby Co. the other day that were like $11 not sure what the mah was though?

NOPE have not raced the m18 in over a month now! after the last time i went only to find out they were closed it kind of killed my fight! and now have found out that i will have to go down to MWR to find out what the hell is up with my pass?

i did sell my m18t but that's it. i only have the TLT and the M18 now and won't be selling either of those!

was going to run my Pahu at Sand Island today but the dang esc's receiver wire came off!!! So did'nt get to run it at all!!!

i really wanted to see how it would work out there! gonna fix the esc, but may go back to the XRS in the TLT?

so you thinking about going racing with the GT? or just bashing? trd is racing a Jammin' CRT!!! he had his first race today?

you should go checkout my tlt thread on One18th and Mr. Ronbeck has been working on his TLT's again to! i sent him my P4 chassis to try out!

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 09-16-2006, 09:59 PM

bummer bout micro racing...... but im sure it will pick up

yeah i wnted to get the gt running but i still need some packs i called around today but the cheapest i found was 17.99. 11 bux sounds good to me ill give um a call and see if they got um, i dont really need a hig mah to run the starter box.

wow trd got a crt! hmm now thats a reason for me to ge thte gt running again hehehe, i thinking bout racing but not as much as i used to maybe 1 or 2 times in like 3 months, prolly bash more or race the oval track here than race at Bp tho.......

that sux about the esc wire, lets get a vid of the beast in action at sand island.ill go check out the tltl thread on one18th.........my dad was just telling me he wants to build a rock crawler out of my tube frame but after telling him all the stuff he would need he thought twice so i dont think he will be building one........i got auto tech 2 at me skool and have access to welders, pipe bender, drill press and many power tools so i was thinking about making a chassis or somthing wish i had this class about a 6 moths ago when i was into rock crawling..........figures tho lol

aiit ttyl x maybe se ya around
Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
96744 Micro's

Man it's been a while!!!

Well the TLT went back to the stock chassis with the pede trans for about a month, but is now back to the stick chassis!

The one good thing is I got some alloy P4 style link mounts and this allowed me to mount my C10 body to the stick!!!

The link mounts also allowed me to strengthen the stick chassis and how it mounts to the axles. A lot more solid feel!

The body and how it's mounted did take away some of the chassis flex from the stick, but by putting the body clip higher on the post to allow the body to move a little with the chassis helped out with that.

Got some nicely narrowed wheels from my buddy Mr. Ronbeck and mounted the Masher 2k's to them. And added bb's as well.

The truck as a scale-ish look to it now, of course not exactly since there are no shocks or springs on it!hehehe

My P4 chassis is up for sale if anyone is interested?

First pic is the short lived stock chassis with pede tranny setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kanaka1.jpg (98.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg pahu2a.jpg (220.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg pahu2c.jpg (151.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5440 (Large) (Small).JPG (47.1 KB, 15 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 03-22-2007, 12:49 AM
96744 Micro's

Man it's been a while!

Well my TLT has been through a few changes since the last post

The P4 has been sold. I retired my PAHU chassis to start up a Scale build

I bought a K2-3L chassis for the base of my scale build. Started off with the stock tlt shocks and made my own links using 6/32 threaded rod and brake line.

Made some electronics trays out of aluminum sheet.

Put an HPI Bronco body on it with some Savage bumpers and skid plates. The skids help to hide the axle mounted servo.

This setup was a lot of fun to run and looked great on the rocks and trail! It was not as capable with it's higher cog (4 inched), but still fun!

Attempted an individual coil spring and shock setup that used XXT springs. This setup had the coil spring mounted separate from the shock. Was a nice low setup with a lot of articulation, but seemed a bit to soft and was a pain to work on the truck!hehehe

I have since changed the shocks out for some REVO aluminum threaded shocks using JATO blue springs! This setup brought down my cog by about 3/4 of an inch to 3 and 1/4" now. This improved performance a lot! To the point that the truck was almost as capable as my PAHU chassis!!!! And this was with the battery pack mounted on top of the chassis!

I am really liking this setup and it's performance and it still looks pretty good on the rocks and trail! It has less articulation which is similar to the Pahu. The suspension has a little more than a 1/4 of an inch in droop.

Will be moving the battery pack (either 6 cell sub c, or 8 cell AA) back to the above the servo to bring the cog lower and should improve performance on the rocks.

Wheelbase is 11.5 inches
Track width is 10.25 inches

Also just bought a set of the New Axial 2.2" beadlocks!!! These things are KillahZ!!!!

Well here are some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5619 (Small).JPG (91.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5647 (Small).JPG (99.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg k2-3l3.jpg (81.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg k2-3la.jpg (88.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg k2-3lb.jpg (52.2 KB, 12 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 AM
96744 Micro's

Wow I guess 4 months is a little long!!!

Well the TLT is now sporting s PimpSlap chassis. Have not really run it much for the past 4 months.

I did get a new CP body for it and got it painted the other day Body took about 2 hours to finish and came out pretty good to me! And my opinion is the only one that counts!

The current setup is a bl outrunner motor on loan from Mr. Ronbeck a mamba 25 esc and ThunderPower 2cell 1320mah lipo.

It is a real featherweight now!

Also did a BTA steering setup on it. This really cleans up the look of the front axle and gives a little more clearance on the rocks.

I got to run it today and it performed well outside the house, but as usual I want to get it on some real rocks!

I was impressed with the outrunners performance and the 16t/87t combo seemed to be o.k. for the 10 minute run.

I want to pick up some more lead weights for the wheels as the added weight should improve performance!

Was a little disappointed with the Axial beadlocks though! The Tobee alloy hexes were spinning in the Axials a little to easy for my taste! So I guess I will be taking some advice and switching to the plastic hexes and glueing them in place on the wheel.

Mr. Ronbeck also sent me out a PimpSlap V2 to try out. This one has a higher mounting setup. So a little more ground clearance compared to the original. This should help clear some situations a little easier without raising the cog to much.

No big plans for it at this time. Just want to get more wheel time with it! But on road racing is taking away from that a little hehe

Here's some pics of the new body. And a pic of the early Pimp setup.Still need to take some of the new layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6373 (Medium).JPG (75.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg pimp1.JPG (93.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg cp1.JPG (101.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cp2.JPG (98.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg cp3.JPG (89.0 KB, 3 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 AM
96744 Micro's

Well I guess I am on a 3+ month post time frame?

Anyways the TLT is still running the K2-3L chassis w/REVO shocks. It is now sporting a droop suspension setup though. Basically the shocks have no springs so the chassis sits at the lowest point of the shocks stroke.

It is a lower ride height which is good and it allows the body to sit a little lower as well.

I am liking how the truck handles now, even it is similar to the springed setup but with a lower ride height (since no springs)

Will probably put my EPIC Pro Stock motor back in if not my outrunner brushless setup? So I can get more speed out of it since it is more of a basher/trail truck now.

Here are some pics
First pics are from a gtg out at Kaena point. I got there a little late thus the lonely pics hehehe
The truck was still running the sprung setup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (188.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (100.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (191.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (101.8 KB, 6 views)

or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said