YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-12-2006, 04:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lostinturn3
HOT Servo *BIG PROBLEM*

Ok. I went to the track last night and ran into a big problem. I toasted my current servo in my 18t (an Airtronics 94091), so I had to replace it. The guy at my lhs gave me a Futaba 3103, which is almost the same dimensions as the 94091, so I installed it. When installing the servo, I checked the steering, and there are no stiff joints, hangups, etc. Everything seemed just fine before I put the servo in. After installing the servo, I put my 18t back out on the track. The 18t ran great for about 3 laps, then I started having problems. At first, I thought that the servo saver was slipping, because my steering throw was getting smaller and smaller. After about 5 laps, I had almost NO steering, so I pulled the car back up to me to go back to the pits. On the way back, I touched the bottom of the chassis (directly underneath the servo) and it was H-O-T! Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I am wondering if the BEC on the receiver failed open, giving the servo too much voltage. Otherwise, I am out of ideas. I will try a different receiver tonight to eliminate that as the problem, but I am not sure what else to try.

Any ideas?
AE RC10T3
Traxxas T-Maxx
OFNA Hyper 7
Old 11-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
It sounds to me that the motor in the servo was heating up.....was the polarities of the servo to the rx correct.
Spektrumized
Old 11-12-2006, 09:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lostinturn3
its ironic that you put the first post on, al. the servo matches the wires for the plug on the gm v3r you sent me. the speedo & motor work fine, but the steering is less than ideal to say the least.
AE RC10T3
Traxxas T-Maxx
OFNA Hyper 7
Old 11-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Well this occurred to me also when i had my rc18t.....i was using the hs 56 i think and the servo would get really hot......after awhile the servo just died on me....i never found out the cause of it. And why is it so ironic man.....lol.
Spektrumized
Old 11-13-2006, 08:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to microRS4guy
make shure the endpoints on your radio are set correctly. If they arent it will cause too much strain on the servo at full throw and toast the servo. also, try a different rx, it is very possiable that the rx is bad if it is old.
m18t
XB8
sponsers:
Apogee Batteries
DNA Designs