YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > Losi Mini-T > Mini-T Motors

Old 03-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Micro Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tamiyacowboy
mini t Integy Matrix V10 Spec 25x1 Motor

hi guys

fairly new to the forum and have a problem

my mini t arrived the other day (secondhand) it has a unitedrc 1050 nimh pack (6cell) and i run the standard esc-rx with a Integy Matrix V10 Spec 25x1 Motor. i seen that these thing was fast so though the mini t would be but i was wrong. its realy slow, slower than a standard rc18t. i have attached some pics. the motor has caps(3x 104's) any ideas as to why its slow guys would be great. at the moment i think it was £100 well wasted as i could have brought a esc for my tlt-1 =o(

thanks for help

TC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini t 1.1.jpg (16.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 03-24-2005, 04:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to TornACL90RX7
Hows the gearing .. what pinion and spur gear ???
Old 03-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Micro Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tamiyacowboy
torn all i know its a yellow plasic spur and pinion i would say they are the standard factory fitted ones, i normaly use the rc18t just got this for the fun factor and wheelies lol

the motor got smoked. was out bashing when car started to slow. myself thinking low battery was infact the end bell coming loose and resulted in so many amps to be pulled throught made it catch fire-smoke so had to douse the flaming wreak with a can of poppular fizzy soda. now (mini t) has a rc18t stock can in and wheelies from start punching the throttle . its still slow not on par with the rc18t when that had the stocker in. i have smaller pinions from my mrs4 (7-12t) but dont want to lower the pinion size as will loose even more speed, and also can go higher as the stocker gets warm already (3/4sec finger touch)

any ideas guys

also what brushless would you recomend that could give me the power and speed a mamba would in a rc18t or mini t

i cant get a mamba as there is no lhs in the uk that sells them (most not heard of a mamba)

TC
Old 03-25-2005, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to TornACL90RX7
The motors do get pretty warm in the stock RC 18T's . They even have a sticker from the factory that says be careful. As far as the gearing goes if it had a yellow pinion on it is not factory. If you are lookingfor serious speed you can go with the mamba 6800 but if you want speed tempered with torque i'd go with the 5400 . I do infact have both ... the 6800 is insane fast in my Mini-t almost uncontrollable....

If you want a Mamba Package I can easily purchase one and then just send it to you .... If this is something that interests you send me an email to tornacl@cox.net and we can get things rolling. I would suggest getting the Mamba USB link at the same time if you do get a mamba ....