YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > HPI Micro RS4 > Micro RS4 Discussion

Old 05-30-2015, 10:14 PM

Anybody planning on getting things rolling again?

Well...just for giggles I'm posting this just to see if anybody still checks in. I'm curious though.....the Micro is back, Ratzas is tied in with Brown Engineering, and Exotek has a brand new chassis mod......SOoooooo.....anybody else thinking about giving 18th scale another shot? 10th scale isn't moving....again. God knows OVAL 10th scale isn't moving. So does anybody else think like I do that quality 18th scale gear like the RS4 could still open up options to get new racers and see tracks that can actually afford to stay in business.
If your out there...chime in. C'Mon SteveM....I know you're lurking. LOL
Old 05-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still here and I check these forums several times a week. The new Exotek chassis kit looks great and maybe they know something we don't. HPI still make and sell the MRS4, but they've not changed a thing from the original version. Adding drift tires and a new shell doesn't count as chassis development for me.

There have been other inexpensive RTR kits available for years now, most notably the Dromeda line of off-road vehicles but nothing for on-road racing. It would be nice to see these cars make a come back, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:00 PM

There he is !!! Glad to see your still active Steve. I've all but given up on-road racing. Gave up on rctech too. Got tired of all that bad karma. Been playing with oval stuff and trying not to get so serious.
I agree with you though....I looked around last night and 18th scale needs a real shot of energy to get moving. Gotta hand it to Bud Bartos though. He keeps on plugging and God love him for it. I wish we all had that level of commitment and enthusiasm. I think it's fantastic that his basic mantra is 'keep it simple,keep it affordable and keep it fun".
Either way, I just pulled the trigger on a Micro RS4 original and plan on getting the Exotek kit for it. It appears those crazy fellow Canadians of yours at TBG still make a good selection of bodies for them. Might just get a Bartos chassis while I'm at it.
As always. Have Fun !
Old 06-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

The selection of bodies from TBG are nice, but I wish they came with some decals. I have a bin full of original MRS4 cars and other bits and pieces that just sits in the garage. I recently sold two NIB RTR Micro RS4 packages I was hanging onto in the hope that the micro scene might come back. I still have two cars ready to run, just no place to play.

Locally, we basically run 4wd sedans in various configurations. Top class is the 17.5 blinky and speeds are very fast. We also run Canadian VTA on 21.5 motors and another off-shoot of this is Sportsman also with 21.5 motors but running any sedan tire and a sports car style body. No Mazda 6 or other pure race bodies allowed.

We have tried to get people into the relatively inexpensive Schumacher SupaStox cars and I had one for a time. Very simple rigs and we tried 2S lipo on a 21.5 motor. They were very fast and fun, but the club changed the rules to 1S on 21.5 motors. I sold out as I had no 1S lipo packs or an ESC that could do 1S.

Off-road is big here too and most run mod 2wd or mod 4wd buggies on out outdoor clay track. Some have 8th scale and a few run SC trucks.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:09 PM

That new Exotek chassis does look pretty sweet...Hmmm....
Old 08-23-2015, 05:11 PM

Micro Rs4 Finished

I just finished building a micro rs4. Gonna get some pics up
Old 08-25-2015, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_gouki View Post
I just finished building a micro rs4. Gonna get some pics up
Stock kit or with an after market chassis?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:14 PM

Penguin 3500el lower chassis, stock plastic upper and rear deck, exotek solid axle and dogbones, GH front and rear shocks, integy motor mount, paired with castle's 9600kv system

Last edited by dark_gouki; 08-30-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to NickDude Send a message via Yahoo to NickDude
what battery are you running? i have a 1 year old and i was showing him my kyosho mini z which he flipped out that the car moved on its own. i got to looking around and i just took my micro rs4 out of a plastic box and i have a brushless motor and speed control from hobbywing that i want to install on it. the micro rs4 is cool cause you can run it in the house and its way faster than the mini z.

Last edited by NickDude; 09-01-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to NickDude Send a message via Yahoo to NickDude
does anyone know where i can find a body for this car with decals? for whatever reason i cannot find the body for my car i would love to put a nice lid on it again
Old 09-09-2015, 03:36 PM

There are a bunch of bodies on ebay, I got the batteries from hobbyking. Turnigy 1300mah 20-30c i bought 4 of them because they are WAY cheap
Old 09-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

The Hobbyking Turnigy lipo packs are great value and very inexpensive. Bodies are on eBay from Team Blue Groove.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Anything new in the Micro scene.
Spektrumized
Old 10-06-2015, 06:11 PM

The new mamba micro x systems have been released

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_micro_x.html
Old 10-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
ohhhh that is nice......what i should do is take mine out for a good dusting, and bearing lube.
Spektrumized