YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Thats what this hobby is all about.....you use what works....and it seems to me that your having fun....keep it that way.
Spektrumized
Old 06-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Micro Novice

Flippy Flippy!

I go the "Y" cable and installed 4 wheel steering. I had to turn down the steering trim nearly all the way just to keep the truck from constantly skidding along on it's lid. Another unusual thing (maybe due to the extra weight of the servo in the rear) is that I can get the front wheels pretty high off the ground off the line (and actually flipped it once that way)
Old 06-28-2006, 04:11 PM
96744 Micro's

Sounds like a lot of fun!hehehe

Yah the short stock wheelbase and 4ws is going to be tough to handle, but fun!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Post up a pic of this 4ws in action man......would love to see the workings or insides of your tlt.
Spektrumized
Old 07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Micro Novice

If I wanted to increase the ride height and (wheelbase) with one of the stretch kits, what type of driveshafts would you guys suggest? I've seen some telescoping Traxxas ones, but I'm not sure how much work would be needed to get them to connect to the stock drivetrain.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to pomme de terre Send a message via MSN to pomme de terre
With the stock transmission its kind of a pain although it has been done. Depending on where you would like to go with your TLT, you could look into getting a new transmission.

What kind of stretch are you wanting? If its only a mild one, some longer dogbones should work fine
Old 07-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Micro Novice

I was planning on this stretch kit . (12.5 in stretch) It comes with the dogbones, I was hoping to go for the look you have in your pics.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:12 AM
96744 Micro's

That is a nice stretch kit. And it comes with the dogbones.

If you wanted to run the traxxas sliders you can get this vertigo performance locker

It will allow you to run the traxxas sliders with the stock transmission.

Although as you can see by the price it would'nt cost much more to get a complete pede tranny. This would be a better choice if you want to get the most out of your stretched TLT.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Micro Novice

Ok, I've decided against the stretch kit for the time being (gonna see how much I can pimp this thing while keeping it relatively stock looking)

I don't have any action shots since I'm relying on my camera phone for pics, but I do have some stills

Wheel POV

Rockbuster Stock

Rockbuster Front Shot

Another Shot

Tamiya Stock Battery

Tamiya Carbon fibre chassis upgrade

Long shot of Carbon upgrade

Also, does anyone know if Tamiya Blackfoot wheels are larger than the stock TLT-1 wheels? Do they need an adapter to be attatched to the TLT? I ask because in the TLT pic here I've been told that the Claw Dogs are on King Blackfoot wheels (as well as wideners)
Old 07-13-2006, 02:42 PM
96744 Micro's

Looks good Sayer.

Yes blackfoot wheels/tires are bigger than the stock TLT wheels/tires.

You don't need the wheel wideners to run the blackfoot wheels. You will need to use the rear blackfoot wheels since they have the hex on them.

But without the wideners you may run into some clearance issues, with the tires hitting the links when turning.

You can get some stampede wheels that have a deeper offset that will give you a little more clearance without wideners.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:09 AM

About tamiya sport tuned motor

Sayer,
I read you are using the same motor I bought: the tamiya sport tuned motor.
On my esc there is a label with the advice to put three capacitors on the motor to reduce interference. Somebody told me that 540 motors have capacitors inside the case: is it true ? Otherwise is it worth to add the 3 capacitors ?

What about the speed ? My TLT-1 is quite slow ! According to me it depends on the high gear ratio which is good for climbing but it is irritating in on road riding.

Thank you
Filippo