YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 PM

battery quick change

I just got my Micro-T and I'm sticking with the Ni-MH for now. I bought a second battery and my questions is is there a way to change out batteries fast, like a kit, or do i have to unscrew the compartment each time to change out the battery? It's a hassle to mess with those screws and I couldn't imagine doing it off of my work bench area since I have to lay down white paper so I don't lose those screws. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 12:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4 stroken ron
Geek: As far as I know there is not any kind of a work around for that. When at home or at the track I work over a scroungy old stolen white hotel towel. Keeps those little screws in play. Oh, and I use my best reading glasses too.
Getting old is better than the alternative.
Ron
Old 03-30-2007, 05:43 AM

tools?

Of course, Team Losi recommends that purchase their tools to work on the Micro-T, but the instructions do make a good point, beyond a sales pitch, that their tools are made to work with the small screws and not strip them. I haven't seen a screw drive from Losi, just the nut driver so far. What tools do you use? I have an old small screw driver with a magnetic tip and haven't stripped anything yet, but I am having trouble lining the screws back up and think I started cross threading one side of the battery compartment since that screw doesn't want to go in straight or as easy as the other side. Guess this is just a general question about recommended tools to work on the Micro-T. Thanks again.

*edit* is there something like the hexscrew conversion for the Mini-T out there for the Micro?

Last edited by MajorGeek; 03-30-2007 at 05:55 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4 stroken ron
For the + and - screw drivers I use a 30 year old set of X-ACTO screwdrivers. They are finally starting to show some wear so I am contemplating getting another set. Hex-screws would be good but, boy that would be a tiny and fragile driver. I have found that I am more likely to strip a hex screw hole than a phillips. I don't know of any hex head conversion kit for the micro, but it might be out there.
Ron
Old 03-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You can always switch out the screws to button head screws.....just take a sample of the screw to your lhs and ask the salesperson......you might also want to check out the Dubro's line of button head screws.......they hold up very well. Thats what i did to my RC18t, i switched everything over to Dubro's.
Spektrumized
Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 PM

You know if the battery plate was glued on and there was a hole in the side of the chassis then all you’d have to do is pop off the chassis pull the battery out and slap in a new one in oh I don’t know maybe 25 seconds or so, less if the body was held on by Velcro.

Ya ya, and that way you could even use longer battery packs like 195mAh NiMH 4-cells, oh golly gee I bet if you cut a hole in the opposite side too could even use really long batteries like 10440 lithium ion packs and still swap them out in seconds.

Na, wouldn’t work, or would it?

Ok it does, and quite well. I remove the metal standoffs first, epoxy the battery cover in place then once it’s cured use a rotary tool and ¼” drum sander bit for the holes and to. If you’re using LiPo cells use a file to square off the right side hole until the pack just fits, if not leave the corners rounded.