YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 02-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to logic Send a message via AIM to logic Send a message via MSN to logic Send a message via Yahoo to logic
Just about done, ESC suggestions?

Hi guys,

So, I've gotten most of my from-scratch MRS4 set to go at this point. The motor I picked up for it is this one (Team Orion Slo-Max 300 Avionics motor). It seemed like a decent motor for the price, with caps already installed, because I'm lazy like that.

Next up was the batteries, thanks to Blind; a six-cell 1400mAh NiMH bullet-pack setup, which proved to be a perfect fit for the Penguin 3500LM chassis battery trays.

The servo I picked was a little smaller than most people seem to go with on an MRS4; an HS-65MG. The only problem I have with this servo is the fact that none of the usual servo savers fit. It has plenty of torque for it's size, though, and fits like a glove mounted vertically.

Finally, the receiver: Spektrum SR3500. This thing is practically microscopic. Fantastic stuff.

So, with all of the easy stuff out of the way...I have no clue about ESCs. What do you like, and why?

(This has been quite a job, trying to find any parts for a Micro RS4. eBay has definitely been my friend lately.)
Old 02-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I would suggest getting a 10th scale esc with a small footprint, i use the Quantum Reverse and love it, i have had it for a years now and it has never given me any problems. Another reason to go this route is that you will never ever have to worry about mod motors again. And where's the pics.
Spektrumized
Old 02-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to logic Send a message via AIM to logic Send a message via MSN to logic Send a message via Yahoo to logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
I would suggest getting a 10th scale esc with a small footprint, i use the Quantum Reverse and love it, i have had it for a years now and it has never given me any problems. Another reason to go this route is that you will never ever have to worry about mod motors again. And where's the pics.
Thanks for the recommendation; so, I'm guessing this is the current incarnation of the ESC you picked up? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLTY2&P=7

I'll post up pics as soon as it's a little farther along. Right now, there's not too much to look at.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Yupper that is it....you will like it dude, the best thing is you will never ever have to worry about hotter mod motors again. You can always start a new thread that starts from beginning to end.......
Spektrumized
Old 02-13-2007, 08:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4 stroken ron
I use one of these in a MINI T with a ORION BAJA motor and it works very well for me.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYX5&P=7
Ron
Old 02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
pEtEr

For your servo saver issues, you can try a AE rc18t Hitec saver. If I remeber right the hs-56, and the HS 65 have the same size out put shaft.

So how does that esc feel Alfred? My ipd r-20 smoked a few months back. So I am stuck running brushless
Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

hey Ron nice to see you on YM......well i have had the same esc in all my rc's with no problems, as you can see by the pic i have the older version which i got back in 2003 and its still going strong, never had any problems with it so far.
Spektrumized