YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-07-2009, 06:33 PM

Yeah by the time I got back into the pits I realized it was 5pm so I had to leave! And my cell was already buzzing asking where I am so I had to jet right away.

Yeah I think it is the same right hander hairpin you're mentioning. The one that seems like we're both constantly traction rolling over. I did notice if I slowed it down, I can take it nice and tight without it flipping on me, but it also seem like that turn can be much faster for our little cars.

Those duct tape are nasty! Get on it while on throttle can spin you right around instantly! Also it's killing the 1/10 guys too! Never stand by the pit enterance because as soon as the 1/10 slide out on the duct tape, they're right into you! I don't get why not use the double sided carpet tape to hold it down.

It seems like the only way to tackle that one turn is to slow down

I may be interested in the Big Block only, I have an ESC from my old 1/10 scale. But not sure how much you would want to sell the Big Block considering Stormer Hobbies is selling it fairly cheap now (but not sure on the shipping cost). PM me and let me know.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Here is the custom T-Plate for the Exo-150 chassis. A little stiffer than stock and a little softer than my ARM pan chassis. More tunable item that I can play with.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Yeah I think it is the same right hander hairpin you're mentioning. The one that seems like we're both constantly traction rolling over. I did notice if I slowed it down, I can take it nice and tight without it flipping on me, but it also seem like that turn can be much faster for our little cars.
Yep, the 2nd lane away from drivers area that goes around the 1st pole walking away from the pits. Traction rolling can be controlled, once you and I figure how to do it.

Quote:
Those duct tape are nasty! Get on it while on throttle can spin you right around instantly! Also it's killing the 1/10 guys too! Never stand by the pit enterance because as soon as the 1/10 slide out on the duct tape, they're right into you! I don't get why not use the double sided carpet tape to hold it down.
Yeah, im almost tempted to say something about it. However, not my decision but seriously, the duct tape on top is half arse way of keeping the carpet down. Too bad there wasn't a permanent building that housed the racing.

Quote:
I may be interested in the Big Block only, I have an ESC from my old 1/10 scale. But not sure how much you would want to sell the Big Block considering Stormer Hobbies is selling it fairly cheap now (but not sure on the shipping cost). PM me and let me know.
Well, converted to canadian funds its $15.35 + whatever shipping. But mine you wouldnt have to pay shipping at all. Just meet me @ the track some time on a practice / race day.

If I knew of someone that would be interested in the ESC, I could probably do the motor for you for $15.

I have been considering finding a used brushless combo to throw into the micro... ummm just ... cuz... lol
Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 AM

Yeah the duct tape is bad.... Have you seen Fastcats before? Now that is a "Pro" level track. But that is a permanent track.

Can you bring your micro one day? Just want to see or try how fast it is with a big block.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You better watch out for that guy.......he'll T-bone you.....lmao just joking. Just remember its not about speed all the time handling and confidence in your ride plays a major role in how well you do at the track.
Spektrumized
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Yeah the duct tape is bad.... Have you seen Fastcats before? Now that is a "Pro" level track. But that is a permanent track.

Can you bring your micro one day? Just want to see or try how fast it is with a big block.
Hmm, is Alfred mistaken as thinking Fastcats was a person...?
www.fastcats.ca if he was .. heh.

I have never been to Fastcats before. I never ever get down to the Oakville area of Ontario. Too far south. I have told my girlfriend that one day I would like to get down there tho to check things out.

I can bring my micro, however I don't have a receiver for the car. I sold the JR radio that had the receiver in it and I would need an SR3100 (dx3r) receiver installed to show you. My other radio is already boxed up ready to ship out to a fellow in a few weeks. Once I sell the radio I was considering picking up a receiver for it.

However I will tell you it was the 2nd place micro last year. First was obviously Fabguy. But I also missed about 2-3 weeks of racing due to other things (snowboarding.. or something else).. LOL.

Last edited by Nerve; 01-12-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I was talking about you, you dork......you were the one that he was suppose to watch out for.
Spektrumized
Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 PM

Fastcats looks nice if you have a 1/10 car. I would check it out if I get back into 1/10 (if I can afford it, I go through a set of tires in one race day).

yeah I would be interested in seeing your micro. Maybe I should consider a hotter motor after a couple of races to see how I do with the current one.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
I was talking about you, you dork......you were the one that he was suppose to watch out for.
HAHAHA ... ok wasnt sure who you were talking to!

Nah in micro racing it would be my girlfriend crashing and doing all the blocking etc of Fabguy.

I won't be racing micro this year, but I dont know if Fabguy is running micro either ... or even Recoils now.

He recently picked up a Xray 007 chassis (1/10th scale). Its purdy.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Fastcats looks nice if you have a 1/10 car. I would check it out if I get back into 1/10 (if I can afford it, I go through a set of tires in one race day).
I would want to goto the kiddie / birthday party 1/18th track and run around in circles till I go nuts.

Track is too small tho.. heh.

Quote:
yeah I would be interested in seeing your micro. Maybe I should consider a hotter motor after a couple of races to see how I do with the current one.
Not sure what my plans are for the 17th if I will be out practicing or not. But the next time im out I can try and remember to bring it.

Honestly, if you are running a stock motor. Upgrade it to at least a Speed 300 or the big block. But I would almost wait until you see what the field is and see if its worthwhile to upgrade to compete. If Fabguy isnt running and im not running and everyone else is stock, then keep the motor.

Last edited by Nerve; 01-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Well I'm running the Micro Elite Modified motor right now. Through Google it seems like a lot of people compare this to a Big Block and I'm not too sure why....
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

It all depends on the track you race on.......a 180 size motor does well on a small track, now if a person ran a bb on a small track there would be no point since the bb motor needs room to whine out.
Spektrumized
Old 01-13-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
It all depends on the track you race on.......a 180 size motor does well on a small track, now if a person ran a bb on a small track there would be no point since the bb motor needs room to whine out.
Well, on what I would call our small track. The big block does "fairly good". But compared to a brushless setup in a M18 it gets blown away.

All the 180s that I saw last season were just out for a stroll around the track..heh. Course it could all could be setup and battery choices etc.

I was happy with the performance of the BB on our track.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM

I got to find the time to get to the track again and try running it against a Big Block now that I got my car mostly tuned.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

It would be nice to see a pic of the track........too me small is running at the track at hobbytown.
Spektrumized