YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 08-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Pimp Jizzle

Send a message via AIM to Nitrolio Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrolio
Center Diff issue part 2

ok yeah i dont know what it was that had a tiny binding to it but i took it apart and cleaned it all out. it is smooth by itself when i turn everything. took the rear diff off did the same, smooth as heck. then to the front diff and did the same thing, smooth as heck. so at this point im happy. now i put it all back together. there is still some crappy jaloppy bind in the center diff. it is much smooth than before but it still will only role a couple feet if i was to push it, then it applies its automatic brake!!!!! i was happy to get to drive it for about a minute till the esc went dead, then i waited for it to chill, then got another minute or so in before it shutdown. bah
Nitrolio
Old 08-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
What esc are you using man. Thats not fun at all if it keeps shutting down like that.
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Pimp Jizzle

still running stock elec's. i know the setup is weak but it is all i have for now. if i can get a good tx & rx setup i iwll when the money comes in. i may try and record a vid of it and post it some how. lol
Nitrolio
Old 08-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthre...t=18565--check the link out man, my buddy has a couple of GM's for sale, it will handle more then your stocker right now.
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Pimp Jizzle

only problem is, i not have the cash right now. but seems like a good deal
Nitrolio
Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you do plan on getting it, at least your stop and go problems will stop.
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Pimp Jizzle

oh yeah, i will have to get something. it sucks being full throttle and hit the jump and the esc die and the truck slams the top of the body, lol. nothing but fun indeed hahaha
Nitrolio
Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM

have you pinpointed the reason for your binding yet...you said a binding center diff, but the center diff is inside the gearbox and you took it out and spun it by itself, could it be something in the gearbox? like, spin the spur gear and see how easily that turns the center drivecups, with a fully assembled center tranny but out of the truck...

::edit:: speaking of a center diff, ive just put together a mip mlst center diff! yay to me, i wouldnt have loved to lose one of those ball things.... i think the last time round , when i was putting together my first ball diff (a mip mini-t one cuz they didnt have the mlst version back then) , i put the spring washers on the wrong way or something and it burnt out straight away when i applied throttle, and yesterday i just burnt out my second mini-t mip ball diff , i think i should have set my slipper a tad bit looser, it seemed to unload alot even tho its fully tightened... lets see how well my mlst specific diff stands up

Last edited by carmatic; 08-29-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

does the center diff use bearings, you might want to clean and lube them .
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Pimp Jizzle

carmatic, im stumped as well. took all the diffs out. cleaned them out very well with wd40, then checked them all individually for any binding and they all spun very freely. put one in after the other and they worked fine, then installed the center diff and still no binding, not even on the dog bones, but once i put her on the floor it was still as if i had the brakes one. it rolled a little better but not much better. so i not sure what it is just yet
Nitrolio
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Pimp Jizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
does the center diff use bearings, you might want to clean and lube them .
man i dont know how much time i spent blowing everything else out and making sure it had no dirt or anything in it. mind boggler this time
Nitrolio