YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
It would be nice to see a pic of the track........too me small is running at the track at hobbytown.
How big is hobbytowns?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aPFaFOr1Yg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgqOHdx0xmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgqOHdx0xmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9u0pahXsY
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Small for at least 5 cars to race on........
Spektrumized
Old 01-22-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
Small for at least 5 cars to race on........
Yep, told you it was a small area.

Large enough for micros, large enough for recoils, but once you start filling up the space with a few 1:10 cars, yeah it starts to look tight.

So I just assume its a small track compared to say an outdoors track.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:05 AM

jcr! Where did you go?

We need your micro car up there this year. Racing started last weekend and there were only two micro drivers this past Sat (adam/henry).. LOL. I think there is more that signed up, but only two showed.

I had my micro there if you attended so I could show you it. But I guess you were busy with other things.

Numbers are down big time over last year. Every class we have available to he club can be run in a span of 3 hours (qual,1st,mains). I was the only one running a Recoil and my gf was the only other one signed up. So we ended up just running micro / pan / me in one class... hah.

Oh well.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 AM

I wanted to show up last weekend but I had other commitment. Darn I missed out I could of been in the Top 3 lol!

For sure I'll be there this week no if, and, or but! Besides maybe a crazy snow storm.

So how fast is Henry's car? For sure I won't be keeping up with Adam besides if he dumb down his brushless.....
Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 PM

finally looked at video of last weekend's race. It looks like the track configuration is a lot tighter than the last time I was there. Will a brushless actually make that big of a difference on this track?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 AM

Here is some video from the Jan 31st Micro race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9DK_AxzafY

Alfred: I'am pretty sure I said to you (or someone else?) at some point about how fast Fabguy's (adam) Xray M18 really is. Well, now there is some video of it to show you (or whoever it was).

The pink car is his.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Yeah his car is fast! Maybe I can keep up with him in the turns if I stop traction rolling and screwing up the turns when I'm trying to make a pass. Notice I took the lead (white car) from Fabguy at the start until he cheap shot and hit/flip me in that turn I think he was babying it to let me have my 15sec of fame in the lead. If I didn't screw up so much I should of been the second fastest in that race... oh well need some more tuning to get rid of my traction roll.

Looks like I won't be able to make it to the race on Feb 7 or Feb 21.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Yeah his car is fast! Maybe I can keep up with him in the turns if I stop traction rolling and screwing up the turns when I'm trying to make a pass. Notice I took the lead (white car) from Fabguy at the start until he cheap shot and hit/flip me in that turn I think he was babying it to let me have my 15sec of fame in the lead. If I didn't screw up so much I should of been the second fastest in that race... oh well need some more tuning to get rid of my traction roll.

Looks like I won't be able to make it to the race on Feb 7 or Feb 21.

Yeah you were doing really well!

Yep, back to the drawing board just like me and traction rolling as well. For my last race I ended up putting stock springs on the front to see how that does minor help. But also my battery dumped on me and I was out ... lol.

Yeah I wont be there this weekend, following weekend due to them not being there and unsure for 21st right now. So I have some time to tweak my Recoil... lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 PM

For my last race I put some super glue on the outside tire wall of my front tires, it helped a bit on the traction roll. Time to try putting a little more and onto the racing surface of the tire. And if all else fails, try rubber kit tires on the front but would be concern about the different grip level with those tires and messing up the handling.

I guess you'll find out if super glue works for me the next time I'm at the track

I've pretty much ran out of ideas on tuning because MRS4 has so little tuning features that we can play with.

What's with battery dumping on the recoil? Same thing happen in the qualifier! And you just decided to do circles in front of me while I was marshalling
Old 02-03-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
What's with battery dumping on the recoil? Same thing happen in the qualifier! And you just decided to do circles in front of me while I was marshalling
Not sure to be honest. I thought it might have been a cell that went bad and dumped it down to about 6v's. When I got it home again, it was reading 7.2.v's again. Sooooo i dunno.

The circling wasn't intentional, I wasn't even pressing anything and it was going in circles ..

Or maybe my Recoil just wanted to show off
Old 02-03-2009, 12:24 PM

well it still might be one bad cell. The battery will discharge then bounce back up after but if you were to cycle the battery (cell or pack) you'll notice that one cell will drop faster than the others but let it sit for a while it will display the same amount of charge as the others but not the capacity.

Almost sounds like a big enough dump that the servo can go back to neutral?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM

I think I've finally fixed my traction roll problem. I had to put crazy glue on the outside sidewall and about a quarter on the tread surface on the front tires. Crappy part is that it made my car understeer a little especially on a tight track configuration like the one I had yesterday.

Somehow I kept on clipping the corner disk and flew end over end a few times and still finished second
Old 03-10-2009, 06:47 AM

Here is a video of the last race.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGqqajx8peM

look how many times I went flying lol
Old 03-16-2009, 04:29 PM

Hey JCR, just wondering if you were going to come back up to newmarket to race again? There are only about 4 races left before they end it for the indoor season.

Last week we ended up racing the micro class w/ the recoil class for only 5 drivers (3 micro/2 recoil). But I think March break may have occupied some people, because there were a lot of normal regulars missing as well.