YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 AM

I think I'm just gonna buy a whole bunch more of mrs4 parts, till I get the stuff I want :P, the next one is gonna have a mamba 8800kv package + a few lipos, I've decided that getting a setup like i wanted will cost heaps, and never be used to the full potential anyway.

Is there much selling of mrs4 stuff on here? or am I better of going to ebay? Cause im gonna have heaps of stuff to sell once im done.

Plus 2 of my mates dont wanna get a mrs4 yet cause they dont have the money.... lol so I'm only selling 2 stockies to the other 2 mates.

Btw whats your opinion of the SWALLOW Charger? U've probably never heard of it, its Australian, so I can hook it up to the mains. That was the main problem, getting a universal charger thats not american :P.

Soon it'll all come together

~Danz
Old 05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
It depends on what you put up on the market.......nope never heard of that charger but please fill us in if you can. And Ox i did'nt guit get your posting.
Spektrumized
Old 05-05-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
It depends on what you put up on the market.......nope never heard of that charger but please fill us in if you can. And Ox i did'nt guit get your posting.
"I got it from an avatar site......i lost all my links when i had to re-download aol, in a different screen name. "

The link I gave is the original site where that originated. Click on the numbers.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Lmao okay gotcha....now that was funny.
Spektrumized
Old 05-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Hey i was reading the forum a bit trying to see what pplz opinion of pinion gearing is for a mamba 8000kv. Pplz where saying that u get less runtime from a 8000kv? how come.... I'd sacrific having a awesome motor if I get less runtime, I thought u only get less runtime if you thrash it (more amps sucked up). But if you were going at the same speed with a 4200 or 6*** not sure what they are called, would it take up the same amount as the 8000kv? I'm all about runtimes, even if I dont get to 'break the sound barrier' with my micro (alfred :P). I just want a good setup thatll keep a smile on my face.

What is the best pinion to go with, I also read that 23T is the most the spur can handle? is this true?

~Danz
Old 05-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Well just want you to know that the 8000kv motor is all about speed.........so if you want something thats all about it then thats the motor to get, now as for the pinion i dont know........if you have a 23t pinion that you might want to try it out.
Spektrumized
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Send a message via MSN to sescallier Send a message via Yahoo to sescallier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzzigger View Post
Hey i was reading the forum a bit trying to see what pplz opinion of pinion gearing is for a mamba 8000kv. Pplz where saying that u get less runtime from a 8000kv? how come.... I'd sacrific having a awesome motor if I get less runtime, I thought u only get less runtime if you thrash it (more amps sucked up). But if you were going at the same speed with a 4200 or 6*** not sure what they are called, would it take up the same amount as the 8000kv? I'm all about runtimes, even if I dont get to 'break the sound barrier' with my micro (alfred :P). I just want a good setup thatll keep a smile on my face.

What is the best pinion to go with, I also read that 23T is the most the spur can handle? is this true?

~Danz
I would go with the 6800, geared right it can actually go faster than the 8k because of its tourque-rpm balance.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 AM

so the 6800kv has greater torque than the 8000kv?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:17 AM

its so hard trying to decide what to do, I mean I want a fast mrs4, i dont care about my setup anymore aslong as it accelerates extremely quick. I want to try and get a mrs4 off ebay with mamba and lipos, they normally only have 2 cells though, and i want 3 cells....

I guess I just have to wait untill someone sells a micro with a mamba, there are heaps of rc18ts going off all the time with them i find. Ive already spent enough on rc though, I just want to get my and my brothers mrs4 finished, and then worry about mods later on if i really feel its necissary...

BTW Im getting some sub C batteries from www.all-battery.com
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...rodID=373&HS=1
I'm getting 2 packs, is this a good price? looks damn good to me, the postage is heaps though :/.... guess i couldnt ask for much better from the US since its so far away.

Why is it that there are always 1200mah battery packs and stuff and never 3000mah and stuff? It's really wierd....

Will my LHS have the sub cells and at a cheapish price like the one above? I never go to LHS cause they dont normally have anything that i need. You guys are lucky to have such a variety of products and parts, here since its overseas and all, everything costs so much and is hard to get a hold of....

Anyway, good price? Thought I'd just ask before purchasing....

~Danz
Old 05-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

It is a good price but why are you buying sub C's........what application are you going to use it for.
Spektrumized
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM

For my brothers and mates car.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Is it going in a micro or 10th scale tc.......
Spektrumized
Old 05-31-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzzigger View Post
so the 6800kv has greater torque than the 8000kv?
not sure thats right

but what i do know is that a 6800kv mamba with a 13 tooth pinion and 2 cell 1500mah lipo's is AWESOME

both my mrs4's have the 6800kv,the 8000kv would be faster but you dont need anymore and they tend to get VERY HOT
very quickly
Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM

Yeah, I've heard alot about the Mamba being hot, be sure to make cooling holes in the body.

Also, if the Mamba is in a 370 size can, consider picking up a set of heatsinks for the Mini-LST from Losi, you get 2 for a decent price, and you could prolly fit both on there or chop one to fit.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

The mamba motor is a 180 can so make sure you get the heatsink thats right for it.
Spektrumized