YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 AM

speed 330

I just found a graupner speed 330 motor not being used that I forgot I had. It is a 7,2 volt. Can I put this in my stock micro rs4? If so how will the runtime and overall performance change. I mainly use mine for drifting btw. And I am just running the stock recharable battery 600mah that comes with the rtr version for now.
Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

The Graupner Speed 300/330 motors will only fit if you can find an after market motor mount.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
And if your able to find one then it should be a great motor for drifting. And as Steve said parts like the motor mount are becoming harder and harder to find.
Spektrumized
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Sadly, the MRS4 upgrades and after market goodies are vanishing.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 AM

so if I can't find a 300 size motor mount is there a way to mod the stock motor plate?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

You might be able to fudge something yourself. I've had good luck searching eBay and just had a look. No Speed 300 motor plates, but there are some other goodies there to check out.

You could try Penguin R/C at www.penguinrc.com and see if they still have a graphite motor plate in stock or could cut one for you. They do list motor plates for the stock 180 as well as Speed 300 and Speed 400 motors and dirt cheap at under $6 each.

P3508m180 - P3500/Micro 180 size Graphite Motor Plate

P3508m300 - P3500/Micro 300 size Graphite Motor Plate

P3508m400 - P3500/Micro 400 size Graphite Motor Plate
Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Motorplates are easy to make. Just lay the 180 plate on a piece of carbon or aluminium and draw the plate over. From there you can draw the circel voor the 300 motor, motor screws et.

Drill the holes, use a saw to get the plate out and before you know it you have a plate. The fun part of the MRS4 is that lots of things are easy to create and made.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to NickDude Send a message via Yahoo to NickDude
i had bought a team associated reedy stump puller for my kyosho 1/8 scale hang on racer, but it wanted more power so i bought the reedy mini modified motor and it gave it more oomph. so i had the stump puller laying around and yesterday while i was supposed to be studying for finals i was looking at my mrs4 that i had on a shelf in my room so i installed it on the car. whoa what a difference on tower hobbies it says that its a 280 size and it fits perfect. i had to remove the rear spring (but i do not that thing does much) and drill a bigger hole in the motor mount but it fits and it flippin books . its sooooo much faster than the orion mini modified (45T) can i had on b4 check it out

for those who dont know the car is a mrs4 with a hardcore titanium chassis, team Orion upper deck, novak micro spy esc, hitec hs81-mg, team homies motor mount, and integy 1400 mah battery pack.

here is a link to the motor on towerhobbies
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPJY5&P=0

do not mind the ghetto connectors i didnt have time to properly wire the thing up but its good enough to run.

another thing i think i need a new battery the battery charged up in minutes and then ran for like a minute and died. you think it did that because i have not run it in a long time? and if so how do i bring it back to life? i have a duratrax piranha digital charger what settings should i put it on to charge it correctly?

btw its nice to get back in and wrench on my r/c cars its been way to long

Last edited by NickDude; 04-14-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
There should be nothing wrong with the battery pack......a couple of cycles should bring the cells back up to life. Charge at 1.5amps and then do a discharge, do this for at least 5cycles. On the fifth cycle after discharge, charge the cells up at 2amps.....but make sure that the cells dont overheat.
Spektrumized