YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
..I hope that pictures like these from Bloody Bastard and myself inspire other Pro-Pulse owners to get creative. I would love to see other proud Pro-Pulse owners post their own rides.
Your Propulse Garage is great stuff Erock.

One thing that is a fact about RC is how easy it is to spend tons of money on it. But sharing research and developement of more economical approaches like using compatible parts from other models and creating 'home-grown' mods using 'on-hand' materials or original equipment should also help inspire others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZumiezRacer View Post
i like it and i might buy a new pp just to do that...but.... get a better body
The stock Propulse bodies definitely aren't pretty. I like taking the challenge of trying to improve them rather than just turn them into looking like an AE/Losi clone.
Although I have seen and heard of some creative alternate body applications. I think it would be great to see more of those posted.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM

I need to learn the insides before i can start messing with the outside. LOL. My standard top has soo many scratches and such I think i have a corner that is about to be ripped open to a hole. (Still learning to drive the thing)

Just got done last night putting oil in the shocks, 30 weight is what they suggested and at this point, it was one heck of a mess. I think i might need to do it again. Gotta learn the trick of removing all the air bubbles, any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
There is no real trick to it. Just fill the shock tower with oil, move the shaft up & down to remove air bubbles, then fill with more oil. Take your time when doing this. That might help you out with the mess!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:11 PM

Well, apparently my next mod is the frequency chips. Just found out my work buddy bought ranar's car. LOL. Channel 3 on both, was gonna get me new shocks since i have 2 sets of fronts. Kinda depressing.Thanks for this cause if i can make these better i will. What do you think about new springs, will that make 2 of them rear with longer/stiffer springs. And ive already picked my new body. LOL. This is getting more fun than i thought it would
Old 09-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
If your planning to use the rear tunning springs on a front shock for the rear it will make it stiffer.....i would keep the fronts if you ever plan on making a street racer.......and dont ever be depressed about having another set, its always a good thing to have spares.
Spektrumized
Old 09-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Well, i lost my first piece tonight, damn leather couch ate one of my wheel pins. So looks like another trip to hobby shop tomorrow, while im there i might at well find out if they will help with my damn alignment problem. This issue is killing me. I think the steering rod is not "0"ed correctly. Any ideas?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
well if you have a digital caliper then i would measure the stock one.......or you can send that sucker too me and ill have it done for you........not joking at all, but yes take it there and see if they can help. It could also be a tire issue as well.....have you checked the front balldiff, im really thinking that its on the lose side.
Spektrumized
Old 09-13-2007, 11:46 AM

That one tire that always seems to be off, does feel loose compared to the others. Ill have the guy at the store check. Im off to there right now.

Edit:
Ok, I need a new hobby shop. This one is horrid. Took the car down, told them i needed new transmitter crystals and they sold me AM crystals. They said it would work. As for the alignment they said it looked fine. Of course they were too busy helping someone replace thier skid plate to a nitro car, and it took 3 of them to do it. When i tried to return the crystals, no returns, exchanges only, so im now the proud owner of The trinity 1/18 wheel converters so i can use touring wheels. Alignment still off, and turns out, I have all 4 shocks, rear shocks.

More adventures for the novice RC'er

Last edited by nottoosmart; 09-13-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoosmart View Post
That one tire that always seems to be off, does feel loose compared to the others. Ill have the guy at the store check. Im off to there right now.

Edit:
Ok, I need a new hobby shop. This one is horrid. Took the car down, told them i needed new transmitter crystals and they sold me AM crystals. They said it would work. As for the alignment they said it looked fine. Of course they were too busy helping someone replace thier skid plate to a nitro car, and it took 3 of them to do it. When i tried to return the crystals, no returns, exchanges only, so im now the proud owner of The trinity 1/18 wheel converters so i can use touring wheels. Alignment still off, and turns out, I have all 4 shocks, rear shocks.

More adventures for the novice RC'er
Sorry to hear about your horrible hobby shop experience! Hopefully you've got other hobby shops around that you can go to, and hopefully they treat you better. I'm glad that I was able to help you with the Trinity Wheel Adpaters. I can't wait to see some pics of your ride with the touring wheels on it. As far as your shocks, the stock shocks that your Pro-Pulse come with are in deed the long "rear" shocks. When you upgrade to the Aluminum ones, will you get the shorter pair for the front. Right now, if you want to adjust the stiffness or ride height of your shocks, then you got to change the plastic spacers on your shocks.

I'd recommend that you go ahead and get those shocks replaced. If you've still got store credit at that hobby shop, then go and purchase some Team Associated (Factory Team) RC18T Aluminum Shocks. They are a direct fit, and they are very cool looking. Make sure you tell them that you want a pair of fronts & a pair of rears. The only drawback to purchasing these shocks is that you are going to have to assemble them.
(I'm only recommending that you do this if you're skilled to do such a task, plus I'm just thinking of ways for you to use up your store credit if you have any remaining.) That should set you back about $40. ($20 front pair, $20 rear pair.)

If you don't want the hassle of building the shocks, then go back to Radio Shack and purchase the Aluminum Oil-Filled Shocks there. They're already assembled, and they will cost you $40 for the set there as well. If you've forgot, go back to the begining of this post, you'll see I've got some pictures of my Pro-Pulse with the shocks installed. You'll see that I took a stock T100 with all 4 long plastic shocks, and I replace them with the Aluminum Oil-Filled Shocks.

As far as your steering problem, I know you said that you switched the linkage from the front to the rear, but by doing so does not correct the problem. The rear linkages are all the same length. The longer
linkages are your steering linkages. Those are the ones that you need to connect from your servo to the steering block.

Hopefully I was able to help you out. If you've got anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. That's what these forums are all about!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoosmart View Post
..That one tire that always seems to be off, does feel loose compared to the others..
I will venture a guess that you have the same problem I had with one of the three T100's I bought. Take apart the wheel hub and I believe you will find that the inside bearing is missing. It happened on my 'parts' chassis, I noticed one wheel seemed too wobbly even though everything was tight and connected. Took it apart and guess what? They forgot to put in the inside bearing at the factory.

As for your Hobby Shop experience, I was going to warn you about taking a RadioShack RC to a regular hobby shop. They think anything from RS isn't worth their time. The RadioShack name puts a 'stigma' on anything they sell.
But you know what? Associated stuff really isn't any better. I dare anyone to say that they have had no problems with their RC18T. ( if you do that means you haven't used it) Can anyone say that they haven't had to replace diffs or immediately swapped out the electronics because they are crap?
Also, I haven't been to any hobby shop where the staff hasn't had a crappy attitude. They all think they are know -it-alls that are too good to be wasting their time on any RC that doesn't interest them or with people who aren't already RC savvy.

So welcome to the world of Local Hobby Shops.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

When i had my rc18t i had a bunch of problems, for one thing the esc cogged, radio range sucked.......for me those are the first to go in the garbage or i just give them away to someone that can use it. I agree with BB please check your inside bearing.......
Spektrumized
Old 09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

And dont let the shock thing get you down..........it is easy to put together.
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 09-13-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Just to let all the members here know that we do have items in stock for the 18t that you might be able to use on the PP, so please take a look.
Spektrumized
Old 09-20-2007, 08:17 PM

Phase Two: Code Blue

Aloha folks! "E-Rock" coming back to you from the beautiful island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Hawaii! Well, I finally got a day off from work, so I went down to my local hobby shop this morning and picked up a few things. Nothing major, or performance wise, but a few things in which I'm going to call the next phase of Project: T100(R), Phase Two "Code Blue!"

Well, here is where I last left off...

And this is Phase Two: Code Blue.
Again, nothing major, or performance wise, but remember the key word is "Blue"

Did you folks get it? Well, if not, here's a stipped down picture to show you what's blue

Now do you see it? I've changed out the "brass" ball studs for "blue" ball studs. I've also changed out the "stock" body clip type of mounting to hold down the battery strap, for some beautiful blue aluminum thumbscrews.

Here's a close up of the front without the aluminum oil filled shocks or titanium turnbuckles.

And here is the rear, again without the aluminum oil filled shocks or titanium turnbuckles mounted.

It's too bad that these beautiful blue ball studs will have to get covered up!
Now here's the front with the aluminum oil filled shocks and titanium turnbuckles mounted.
(Sorry, my Macro button wouldn't work for me!?)

And now here is the rear with aluminum oil filled shocks and titanium turnbuckles mounted.

Here is the final product. Everything installed back into place, and battery mounted using the thumbscrews

When I got home, I realized that I forgot to buy something from the hobby shop!? I was supposed to buy some Deans Ultra Plugs. I meant to change out the plugs, but I guess it happened for a reason! If I added the red Deans Plugs, then that wouldn't quite fit the "all blue" motif! LOL!
Oh well, I'll just have to wait until the next time I get a chance to go to the hobby shop!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM

Phase Two: Code Blue

Oops! I almost forgot... whenever I do updates to my projects, I like to put up pictures of the parts that I used, so that any fellow Pro-Pulse Forum Members know what to buy if they like what they saw, and would like to purchase the same products.

Well, here it is. Team Associated (Team Factory) Aluminum Ball Studs (#21241) and Battery Strap Thumbscrew (#1787)

This set me back about $35! I know, it's kinda pricey, especially since it doesn't really add to the performance of the vehicle, but if you're like me, and you really take pride in your ride, then come and join the addiction!!! LOL!