YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Micro Novice

Hello all

I am new to rc and this is the best truck I could ever imagine owning. Was web surfing today and found this site. I say "Owned" I have been around many top dollar nitro cars that was yes a blast but I have never been turned on by them.
I went to the local hobby shop BLIND on what I really wanted, actually was looking for something for my son and knew toys r us is a wastes of time. The salesperson showed me a Losi mini and said it was cool...Giving it a good look over I bought it!
I also bought a quick charger and a spare batt. At home after 20-30 minutes I was rippin' around, smiles from ear to ear. This little mo fo has for sure giving me "ALMOST the same smile as my caged omni,lol"
But, today I broke a wheel as I see it is common with this car. usually I would be peeved to have something break so soon but trust me I put it through the tests,lol, as did my 7 yr old son, curbs have never came that fast before
Being an ex race car builder, what is the best wheel to replace with to keep the unsprung wheight down?
any help will be appreciated, glad to see you guys are cool, and will be back with feedback on what I do to mine
Old 01-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Micro Master

Losi has a "fix" for the wheel hexes. The stock hexes are week and cause the wheels to crack and eventually break. Give losi a call and they'll send you out the new updated hexes. You should have them in hand in a few days.

There really aren't any wheels you can just go out and buy that will work on these hexes. Losi is comming out with wheels options very soon. And I think I saw a guy fit minizilla rims on the pins but I'm not totally sure about that one.

Only other option is to buy 1/10 scale wheel/hex adapters. This will allow you to run a variety of different wheel combos. CAW sells a nice kit for $30 bucks on ebay. They're aluminum hexes and extended axels. Other companies make 1/10 adapters for the half 8 and they'll work to although you might have problems using them on stock axels because of the length.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Welcome to YM justa4444, please post a pic of your ride in the gallery, and may all your questions be answered here.
Spektrumized
Old 01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Micro Novice

After a phone call to my local shop that sold me my mini they said they had aftermarket rims/ wheels. I was geeked, then I get there and they give me a bag of four original wheels for $30. No biggie as I was back in action soon after, this thing really does rock and I don't know why people say the battery dies early as I can run it for 30 minutes wide open.
I love it
Old 01-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Micro Novice

Okay, I want to show pics but not sure how to. Have a couple sweet ones of going backwards (more of a balance shot with the throttle) at almost 60 degrees, trust me it was tricky as it wanted to go sideways, and had to be fast with the camera,lol
Also a few of me jumping it, but the pics are blurred somewhat even with a fast camera.
One thing I did notice is that if you jack the rear of the body up you can reach the "On/ off" switch much easier.

Take care all
Old 01-08-2006, 12:59 AM
96744 Micro's

Glad to hear you are having a lot of fun with your MLST!

I would say to call Losi's service department as they have a Upgrade Package for the MLST. That includes new diff pinion gears as well as center diff gears and wheel hexes.

And if you can ask them about replacements for you broken wheels as well!

Here is Team Losi Ready-to-Run customer service number 1-877-504-0233

To post pics you just need to click on the browse button toward the bottom of the reply to topic screen and it will let you upload a picture from your comp.

Or you if you have a picture host site you can use the img tags to put the pics in your post.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Micro Novice

okay, gonna try this one, very tricky as I was goin backwards at about a 60 degree angle and trying to hit a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc1.jpg (681.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Micro Novice

pic of body adjusted to access the on/ off switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc 003.jpg (698.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Micro Novice

side view of it lifted in the rear, still looks okay I think and very easy to reach the on/ off switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc 002.jpg (675.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
nice pics man.......
Spektrumized