YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 07-15-2007, 06:06 PM

Upgrade Pieces

I'm very new to the RC world, and I bought the Buggy Pro-Pulse last week and I was reading that most of the Mini-T parts will work on the Pro-Pulse, I was wondering if this true and what types of parts and if any other RC parts would work on the Pro-Pulse. I was wondering if I could use most of the Pro-Pulse parts on a different Chassis like the Mini-T? Thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexsteryo View Post
I'm very new to the RC world, and I bought the Buggy Pro-Pulse last week and I was reading that most of the Mini-T parts will work on the Pro-Pulse, I was wondering if this true and what types of parts and if any other RC parts would work on the Pro-Pulse. I was wondering if I could use most of the Pro-Pulse parts on a different Chassis like the Mini-T? Thanks
Welcome to the site and I hope that you will def. enjoy your time with your new car. I copied a list that is NOT my own list. It's floating around on this site and at least one other forum. It will give you a starting point as to what parts you can use to upgrade your buggy. I have done a few things to mine as well and I would be happy to share with you in what ever way I can.

Keep us posted on your questions. I am pretty new, but there are some great guys on here who can off very helpful advice. Thanks for your post--Jeremy

his is the list, last update jun 26, 2007

I- WHEELS
1- 18t wheels
2- Mini-t rear wheels
3- 18t 12mm hex adapters

II- AXLES
1- 18t will work, but they are a little shorter in the threads
2- 18t wheel pins will work, but they are slightly shorter than stock.

III- DIFFERENTIALS
1- 18t ball diff will drop in bearings and outdrive sleeves will be reused (will be required for other mods)
2- 18t ball dif rebuild kit. Megetech does not offer a rebuild kit for their diff, however the 18t rebuild kit fits perfectly.
3- 18t diff input (pinion) gear fits the PP shaft exactly
4- 18t center drive shaft will fit. this allows use of associated 55t spur. 60t spur is too large for PP top strap cover.

IV- HUBS, CARRIERS, ARMS, DOGBONES, CVD's
1- 18t hubs and carriers will work, they use the same bearings and mount in the same manner. the hinge pin diameter is slightly larger so you will need 18t hinge pins to complete this mod.
a- 18t hubs also are 1mm closer to the differential outdrive so you will need 18t dogbones
2- 18T Dogbones, too short with pp hubs, ok with 18t hubs.
3- MIP CVD's work in conjunction with 18t hubs.
a- 18t dogbone and cvd drive pins are longer than the slots available in the PP dif outdrives. the PP outdrives will have to be slotted like ( ) or the pin ends will have to be shortened. the pins work fine with the 18t diffs.
4- 18t arms. will work, with stock PP pins at the chassis, but the hub hinge pins are larger in diameter and will have to upgraded to 18t hinge pins

Use of the stock camber and tie links is possible with 18t hubs, but not recomended

V- SUSPENTION
1- Mini-t springs fit
2- 18t shocks and springs
3- 18t threaded shocks
4- 18t steel and titanium turnbuckle sets
5- 18t ball studs needed if using 18t alloy hubs

VI-EXTRAS
1- Vendetta Bumpers
2- integy bumper, little cutting required, optional drilling
3- 18t bodies
4- 2mm shafted motors, stock esc rated at 80amp for dual motor setup
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the info. What upgrades have you done? I've only done the basic like the Pro-Pulse "High Performance Motor", "Spur and Pinion Gears", "Tie Rods Upgrade". I was looking to get better Suspension Arms and perhaps a better Servo.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexsteryo View Post
Thanks for the info. What upgrades have you done? I've only done the basic like the Pro-Pulse "High Performance Motor", "Spur and Pinion Gears", "Tie Rods Upgrade". I was looking to get better Suspension Arms and perhaps a better Servo.
We've basically done the same upgrades. aluminum shocks and new connectors are about the only additional things I have done to mine that I can think of. I have not done the servo or suspension arms yet. I'm not even familiar with why I would need to change the suspension arms.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:35 PM

I was looking for a strong suspension arm, thats about it. I'm thinking the less plastic the better
Old 02-25-2009, 08:41 AM

Will pp ball joints fit 18t aluminum arms? And also since the 18t pins for the arms are thicker at the hub end, does this mean that if i use pp hubs/ carriers that i have to make the holes for the pins a little wider?