YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
96744 Micro's

Unfortunately not yet!

Gonna try and see if I can get a run in today?

Yeah I ended up cutting off those 2 little ramp looking pieces on the top plate. The switch position works good with the lipo packs, but I don't think the stock pack will fit with the switch there. But I guess that only matters if I'm going to run the stock pack which I highly doubt!

Hopefully my other MLST will be in the mail today?

And big did you get your CAW chassis yet?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:20 PM
96744 Micro's

Hey guys here is a video of my Dual Hyperion 6kv powered MLST in action!

No More Video

Last edited by Xtant3150c; 12-16-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 AM
96744 Micro's

Well my newly aquired MLST Roller finally came in today!!!

Spent the later part of the afternoon boiling the replacement gears to put in it and greased up the diffs as well.

I am using my stock rtr gear in this truck, as I want it as a Stock Basher!

I also put my Hitec Aggressor FM radio gear in my Hyperion 6k MLST.

As well as some new Blue Bearings from Team Blue Star! They only have the 4x8mm bearings though. So I put them in the wheel hubs and will be using them to replace the other 4x8mm bearings in the diff housings.

They look really good! And the blue seals should keep dirt out better than the stockers!

The roller also came with a CAW extended axle/wheel hex kit!!! So that found it's way on to the Hyperion 6k MLST as well!

Although I am still running the stock wheels/tires for now! I have my set of 2.2" MT wheels and street tires, but want to look for a 2.2" buggy wheel/tire combo maybe?

Here's a pic of my Dual MLST's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dual mlst's.jpg (74.8 KB, 44 views)
Old 01-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
That is nice man.....now you have two....Hey why dont you give one too me man....lol....just joking...and by the way saw the vid....fast for a truck man, was fun to watch.
Spektrumized
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
96744 Micro's

HEHEHEHE You wish man!

Yeah the vid came out pretty good to me at least!

I think most people forget the weight of this truck and expect it to do 50mph like nothing!

For a 2cell lipo and 6kv motors it's pretty quick to me! I would estimate between 25-30mph, based on what b-p-p got with the 5kv motor and 2cell lipo with stock gearing (22mph).

I was happy with it! And still am with the single bl now!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:59 PM
96744 Micro's

Got in my 3Racing shocks today!

They are noticeably longer than the stockers. I had heard about this but most have said they were not this long!

Not a real problem though, just gonna cut some springs down so I can get a arms at level ride height. Probably cut a set of stock springs and see how they do, the stock springs are quite a bit longer than the 3Racing springs. So I should be able to cut them and still use the adjustable collar?

They are very smooth to me and look great!!!

And the longer shock should be good for those off road bashers out there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3racing shocks-1.jpg (38.8 KB, 29 views)
Old 02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
96744 Micro's

Gonna try and get out to the lhs and look for some racing shoes for the MLST!

Here's a pic showing the difference between the stock and 3Racing shocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3racing shocks-4.jpg (20.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 02-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Dang those 3racing shocks are nice and beefy.....and there a tad bit longer as well......so did you put them on yet....how do you like it.
Spektrumized
Old 02-23-2006, 02:05 AM
96744 Micro's

Yup I got them mounted up already!hehehe

But we have had a lot of rain the past few days so no chance to run it yet!

From just pushing the truck up and down I think they feel pretty good! The parts have a good fit to them.

I liked the stock shocks, just had a couple of bad shock bodies causing leaks.

Hopefully get some run time in with them soon?

On another note, no luck finding racing shoes for my MLST!

I wanted white rims but the shop only had yellow. I got to look at the 2.0" losi step pins and they should work fine with the MLST rims!!!

I want to run the 2.0" losi step pins with the MLST rims for my brushless truck, as the step pins work really good on the track!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:49 AM

Ooohhh, looking good there Xtant

They really are pushing those arms up though aren't they

Bummer on the tires. Was he out of the new treads?

Run time outdorrs . You must be joking right . Unless you're ready to make a hoover-boat out of your MLST . your side must have been filled with small lakes and ponds . I think I did hear they were predicting sunny days later on this week, but don't hold your breath just yet.

SF's might get the new Losi springs in. I asked him last week and said they may come in soon. I told him he's getting in all of the new parts first, and he was pleased about that fact. Most of the other shops haven't even got in anmy of the parts he's already sold of like the grren springs or CF decks. Go figure. The smallest shop is getting everything first .Well, at least he's selling them, so that means he's making $ from them
Old 02-24-2006, 03:26 AM
96744 Micro's

Yeah the 3Racing shocks are pushing the ride height up for sure!

So I cut a pair of stock green springs in half! They were a little short, but this way I only had to use 1 pr of springs!

I ended up using the spring collar from the stock shocks as a spacer and this worked well! The adjusting collar is about 4mm from top in the front and 6mm in the back.

The truck is now sitting with the arms just above level! A much better look for the track! The shocks still feel good with this shorter spring setup!

The springs are about 25mm long. I think a 30mm to 35mm spring would be more ideal, and than you would not need the extra spacer.

I did'nt go into Flemings figured they did'nt have the rims so why bother!hehehe

Plus he just got his shipment so I'm sure the place was wrecked!

I'll probably try and stop by there tomorrow? I want to see if he has a FTB4 and a GTB?

The funny thing is it does'nt seem like the other shops even know about MLST parts!

At Aloha's he did'nt even know about the rims! And I went to 10th ave. today and besides having nothing in stock but stock wheels/tires they did'nt know about the dish rims either!

Forgot to mention that Aloha's had a PTI Goliath that someone was selling! It was very tempting, but I had to resist! For now at least!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic5.jpg (52.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-24-2006, 03:52 AM

Whoa, thats like half the spring there. I'm glad you found a way to get the ride height back .

So would the spring be the right length if it were cut to 30-35mm then? The stock green spring must be around 50-55mm then?

Ooohh, an FTB4 . Is that what your almost set at? No Lazer, Goliath or maybe even a 3.3 REVO

I like the Goliath. If I went down the rock climber path, i'd look at one of those or build one thats sorta similar. Buuutt, I do have my own B4 to buold first and play with.

I've actually got my R/C $ stash that I haven't counted. I'm pretty sure there's enough for that GTB. I was half way there before I sold my RS4 to TRD. His $ should give me enough to cover it .

If SF's doesn't have what you want (like perhaps a 3.3REVO), i'm sure Scott would be more than willing to wheel and deal.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:57 AM

Go figure that no one else has some of the new parts???

Maybe thats the explaination right there. If they don't know about them, they wouldn't be able to order them too.

And then 10th ave has a NT18 sitting right there on there shelf??? Go figure that one out

10th ave and alohas have the LST2 if your intrested . And the Hellfire as well
Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 PM
96744 Micro's

Well I guess I answered all of my questions today!hehehe As well as help big answer one of his!hehehe

We both bought Novak GTB 6.5r's!!!

And I bought my new rc today as well!!!

A Factory Team B4!!!

I really wanted the brushless and figured that it might kill my XXT, so I was leaning toward the FTB4 since I might be in the market for a new racer after abusing the XXT with the GTB!!!

I also got my white dish rims and king pin tires for my brushless MLST!

I got shot down with my idea for the 2.0 step pins as the bead area on the MLST rim is to small for these tires. But I know that I can always go to some 1/10th dish rims with the 2.0's and now be able to use them on both the MLST and the FTB4!!!

Yeah that REVO 3.3 looks KILLAHZ!!! I would'nt mind getting into nitro one day and this would be a good choice! The LST2 is sweet and comes with alot of good stuff to!!!

But I think making the jump to nitro might mean the end of the MLST? As nitro is a lot more to deal with.

Just saw the price on the T-Maxx 3.3 on towers for $482! That's about $90 more than the 2.5, so would have to assume about the same mark up on the REVO 3.3 so around $570 maybe? And you still get that lame radio gear! But the LST2 is HUGE, and to go race that on the smallish BP track?

Man I better stop thinking about something else and start thinking about the stuff I have now!hehehe
Old 03-20-2006, 04:25 AM
96744 Micro's

Man it's been a while!hehehe

Well I got to put some step pins on my MLST! I used B4 wheels to put the step pins on.

It look pretty good to me! But should look even better with my incoming Mono Tuning wide track kit!

Got to run my MLST on Saturday! First time in months! Was the first run with the MIP ball diff, and with my luck it had loosened it self somehow? So my runtime was shot down to 3minutes!

And man the Hype 6kv was spinning that diff so fast the outdrives were scorching!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg step pins.jpg (46.1 KB, 36 views)