YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 AM
96744 Micro's

Mlst2!!!!!

Well Losi finally did it!!!

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...52#post2206852

Very nice to see the changes from the Original MLST!

Metal ring and pinion gears! Alloy shocks! Revised Rear Hubs! Gear Cover that works with the DD Slipper!

And a 2.4ghz DSM radio to boot!!!

Would have been kewler if it was a DX2.0 but Sweet none the less!
6/06
w/P4 chassis by snowkd
9/5/06 on Vacation in Kirkland,WA
8/6/06
New 96744 Pahu chassis
8/7/06
M18
w/ Motek Panther 140

Tamiya M03M w/HobbyWing 13T Brushless
Corally RDX Novak GTB w/17.5 Hacker
or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
RC4WD CNC Bully MOA Axles w/ Kamikaze 4.0
Old 03-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Nice find man......2.4ghz will be nice to have, i wonder if would bind with my spektrum module.......and what about the gear issues, have they fixed that on this new version. By taking a closer look at the pic they look metal too me. Looking at the pics this is what they had as the caption, so i guess they are metal.....

Losi designed solid metal ring and pinion differential gears for each of the three diffs. These high-strength gears allow the power to be transferred to the ground efficiently, while increasing the lifespan of the drivetrain.
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 03-18-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Yay!

I've been waiting for those MG diffs...assuming that I can buy the factory replacments and put them in my "classic" MLST.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I dont see why now man.......since there the same in parts as well. Getting the metal gears would be the best hopup i think.
Spektrumized
Old 03-26-2007, 03:13 AM

So who's gonna get one?

I know Xtant's thinking...... . Just depends if goes Mini racing or not

Alfred finally ready to jump on the Losi bandwagon again? I was a little surprised you didn't fall for the cute little Micro T
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

I like small but not that small, lol, i really want one again since they came out with the metal gear diffs now.....since i know in the past that a lot of the members here and on the other side were complaining about it.
Spektrumized
Old 03-27-2007, 04:29 AM

Well, I wonder if the current crop of Spek. Tx's will be compatiable with the MLST 2's Rx? hhhmmm, thats a good question? Considering a fair amount of R/C'er's already have gone over to the Spektrum system like you have.

It would be sweet to just be able to bind your radio with the stock MLST 2 Rx

Metal gear dif's for the MLST 2 right? Well, you've seen the places you can pre-order at ......plus i'm sure Debbie's will be bringing in there fair share for you to check out
Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Im just hoping they have one out of the box i can run in the parking lot with, i guess that would make or break my decision. That would be cool if you i could bind my existing radio to the rx on the mlst, i might just send them an email and asking about that.
Spektrumized
Old 03-27-2007, 02:14 PM

It will be a good question to have answered.

I was taking a look at some of the press pix and the Rx's looks similar, but with a different sticker that say's "Losi". The size loks close, but we won't be able to tell untill we got confirmation from Losi or Horizon. This would be a no brainer to us.......but you know how that goes with our hobby and the industry ....proparitary mumbo-jumbo and what not

No one's ever answered if the MLST 2's upgraded parts are drop-in onto the MLST 1. I've asked at a couple of places, but all the same answer. Everyone points to the "compairison" chart Losi did between both versions. All that does is point out the differences.....not clear up if the newbie parts are backwards compatiable for the older version?

I'm totally assuming the answer will be yes........but with Losi, Horizon or one of the "insider's" not speaking up about it, i'd reserve my decision untill someone confirms that answer

It makes sense that the new parts will fit on the MLST 1.......but again thats the same "possibility" about the stock Rx working with our current Spek. modules/radios right.................lol

Aloha's Al.............
Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

If they do look the same it has me wondering who makes it, maybe Losi decided to go that route and buy some rx's from Spektrum. Im going to send Spektrum and email on the possibilities of this. I have always wanted a MLST but kept hearing of gear diff probs which is something i really dont want to deal with at all since i do crash sometimes, lol. Springs coming soon and it will be nice to get out and bash.
Spektrumized
Old 03-28-2007, 02:28 AM

Considering Losi, Horizon and Spektrum are all affliated, it would make sense they SHOULD share technology, design and parts. Hopefully this will also lead to better prices fir us

Those new metal gears will hopefully do a better job than the previous stockers. Not sure how well the vicious diff's work?

Well , after taking a closer look at Spek's site, the Rx in the MLST 2 pix on rcca are not 100% exactly alike ! . Might not be to baaaaad, just gotta cross our fingers and hope for the best .......

The case looks similar to the Pro series, but the sticker is of course different. The antenna wire lok=oks to be in the same place, but the bind button is not appearent. It could be hiding under the servo wires, so i'll see if someone else has a better pix.

It would have been sweet if Losi did a Mini 8IGHT truggy in place of the MLST 2 .....or even if they went with a Mini 8IGHT nitro buggy to go up against the likes of the Half 9
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Even if its not bindable it would still make a great radio for another model. The diffs should hold up since there of the metal type and not made of plastic or delrin.
Spektrumized
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 AM

mlst2 diffs

Just to let folks know. the mlst 2 does have metal ring and pinion gears, but the center diff is plastic, as well as the spider and planetaries front and rear.
These are the weak points. both losi and mip make a center ball diff, and losi makes viscous diffs that resolve these concerns.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 AM

spectrum radio

The spectrum radio in the mlst 2 has a bind plug for the reciever. I'm not sure if it's compatible with other 2.4ghs systems though. There is also a voltage cutoff in the new esc, but not sure what the voltage is.