YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 PM

Super'Mamba'fied T100

Mentioned earlier in another thread that I would be changing out the electronics in the SuperMod. Went right to work on it and took it for a bash around the block...

MMB25-CM2068 Competition Package
Novak XXL-AM RX
2100mAh 11.1V 15C 3-cell Li-Poly

The bloody thing is literally out-of-control fast (as I am sure any mamba/brushless owner already knows). Popped off a tie-rod trying to move a curb out of the way, but fortunately found it nearby and popped it back on. And well, that fresh coat of bash paint ain't so fresh anymore..

cheers
Old 09-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
So when are you going to upgrade the radio to fm or 2.4ghz. I know that sucker is fast.......
Spektrumized
Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Man that is one *sick* ride!!! I think I'll put my Mamba in one of my Pro-Pulse T100's! Only time will tell.... LOL!
Old 09-04-2007, 04:14 PM

hey... what servo do you have in there?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetta80 View Post
hey... what servo do you have in there?
That is the ProPulse High-Speed Micro Servo upgrade. I managed to snag two of them as soon as they were listed on the RS online store. Seemed like just a few days later they were sold out.

@ Alfred:
I have no plans to upgrade the radio further unless I have serious issues with this setup.

@ Erock 808:
I have this funny feeling there will be a mamba in that Monster T100 before too long.

cheers
Old 09-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Hey Bloody, any possibility that you'd be willing to sell me that extra High-Speed Micro Servo you've got there in the bag???
Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
Hey Bloody, any possibility that you'd be willing to sell me that extra High-Speed Micro Servo you've got there in the bag???
Ummmmmmmmmmm.. no.

Sorry, but I already have plans for that one. It will be installed in the rebirth of the Modified Stock T100 on a second chassis.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 PM

No problem, man... I just had to ask! LOL Well, babetta80 posted an interesting thread about replacement servos. I did a quick search on eBay, and it looked like the same servo. I'm debating if I want to try it out though??? Hope you post pics of your rebirth project of the Modified Stock T100.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 AM

theyre on ebay for about 5 bucks... go for it man!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetta80 View Post
theyre on ebay for about 5 bucks... go for it man!
I searched eBay high and low last night and again today for the servo's I have (the ones pictured above), I could not find them. Perhaps I am not using the right keywords, but keep in mind those are "Pro-Pulse Upgrade Servo's" made by Megatech. If you can find that exact same servo on eBay please post the url to it. I would be very interested to see someone selling them NIB for $5.

Last week I did see someone selling 'stock' servos for the Propulse. But that person buys the RTR and then tears them down and resell's the seperate pieces as 'stock replacement' parts, not upgrades.

I did find servo's that 'look' like them with starting bids for around $5 , but they are not the exact ones I have.
(EDIT:Those 9G servos probably work in Propulse, I am not saying they won't. I am just pointing out that they are from a different distr./mfgr.)

Last edited by BloodyBastard; 09-05-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBastard View Post
I searched eBay high and low last night and again today for the servo's I have (the ones pictured above), I could not find them. Perhaps I am not using the right keywords, but keep in mind those are "Pro-Pulse Upgrade Servo's" made by Megatech. If you can find that exact same servo on eBay please post the url to it. I would be very interested to see someone selling them NIB for $5.

Last week I did see someone selling 'stock' servos for the Propulse. But that person buys the RTR and then tears them down and resell's the seperate pieces as 'stock replacement' parts, not upgrades.

I did find servo's that 'look' like them with starting bids for around $5 , but they are not the exact ones I have.
(EDIT:Those 9G servos probably work in Propulse, I am not saying they won't. I am just pointing out that they are from a different distr./mfgr.)
As you have noted, those 9g SG Micro Servos on eBay look like the "Megatech" servo, but are not the oficially licensed ones. That is why I'm slightly hesitant to purchase them. If anybody out there got them, and are using them, then please post about your experience with those 9g SG Servos! Thanks!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I just made a closer visual comparison of the ProPulse High Speed Servo to the JNS.Inc 9G servo on eBay and the first, most obvious difference is the location of the mounting tabs.
The tabs on the Propulse servo are at the top, almost directly behind the servo horn, whereas the 9G servo tabs are lower on the case. That would make the 9g servo sit more forward when mounted in the Propulse chassis leaving less room for the servo-saver. Some type of spacers might remedy the situation, that is if you are willing to try it.
Regardless, the servo's are less identical than they first appear.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 PM

true... my friend just told me it fit in with the servo saver, i guess the final gear is the same as megatech...

he hasn't come up with any pictures yet

my hs56 setup is satisfactory for now, i would be interested to see pictures of how jeffrey112 installed his....

ah well, so i guess not the perfect fit i'd hoped for
Old 09-05-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBastard View Post
I just made a closer visual comparison of the ProPulse High Speed Servo to the JNS.Inc 9G servo on eBay and the first, most obvious difference is the location of the mounting tabs.
The tabs on the Propulse servo are at the top, almost directly behind the servo horn, whereas the 9G servo tabs are lower on the case. That would make the 9g servo sit more forward when mounted in the Propulse chassis leaving less room for the servo-saver. Some type of spacers might remedy the situation, that is if you are willing to try it.
Regardless, the servo's are less identical than they first appear.
Yeah, that's a risk that I don't want to take. Hopefully we'll get some input from babetta80's friend soon, hopefully some pics as well. That's why I was hoping that you'd be willing to part with one of your servos! LOL
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM

Hey BB, I've been meaning to ask you... what Li-Po Battery (ie. size, make, etc.) is that in your posted pic. I've got a Li-Po, but I can't get it to fit in my T100, so I'm only using it in my RC18MT.