YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 08-31-2008, 07:47 PM

New Vendetta ST Need Help!!

I just brought a Vendetta ST and The only upgrade I added was the 1200mah Battery and it preforms excellent for stock car but over heats in like 15minutes and my leads melt. What to do?

Also I want to go brushless but I dont know what motor or esc to get. I checked out the mamba pro 8000kv combo but I asked the seller will it be good for the vendetta ST and he told me it fits but have a problem of over heating. Any Suggestions?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
if you do a search in this forum,,, all of your question will be answered and then some... but i will help ..

vendetta videos.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5684344/tm.htm

motor review
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5643067/tm.htm

tire review
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6000527/tm.htm
Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 PM

Thanks boss, right now Im thinking about trying the C4 8000kv 370motor but I also want to upgrade the wheels and tires to mini lst. A guy at the local hobby shop champion hobbies http://www.championhobbies.com/ told me that by puting on the larger tires you have to change the gearing and when you say 19/41 Thats 19 (pinion) / 41 (spur)? P.S. what esc did you use on all those motors?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 AM

that motor isnt a 370 can... more like a 180 can... it is only 20mm in diameter.. which is way too small for using that tire.. get the ammo 28-35- 3900 instead..
Old 09-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RERacing View Post
Or just be done with it and get a Novak Mongoose system that was designed with the Vendetta line in mind.
the mongoose WAS NOT DESINGED WITH THE VENDETTA IN MIND... that picture is a markting ploy.. the mongoose sux in the detta... not unless ou are running on a small track and you use the 10.5 or the 13.5 geared all the way to the end of the gtearing option chart..

a real motor with the vendetta in mind would be able to run efficiently with a 16/45 or 13/45 gearing with out any issues at all..
the 10.5 has to be geared at 12/49 and some say even 11/49 and cutting a hole at the bottom of the chassis to allow for better air flow ...

the mongoose has no real useable power... atleast not when compared to the ammo 28-35-3900 or the neu 1105/2y...
here is my review of the mongoose motor..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7733690
Old 09-08-2008, 07:21 PM

well im not the only one not pleased with the mongoose.. others have been disappoointed aswell..

the mongoose has to be geared extremely high in order to work,, while other motors which are larger and have twice and 3 times the power can use the stock gearing to work properly and not overheat..

what mongoose system are you running in ur vendetta.. and at what gearing??????

i have run with guys at my track that have done nothing but complain.. said the motor gets way to hot.. and that they had to find a way to make the motor cooler.. (by cutting a hole in the chassis) anything that causes you to modifiy the chassis or to take away the intrgirity of the chassis is not meant to be in the car..

now that same person has driven my car.. and has said that it has more useable power and is smooth.. they are even planning on taking theirs out to replace it with the neu 1105/2y or the ammo 28-35-3900...

now i have never said i was a grand national champion and that i can run circles around other drivers.. but i hold my own when it comes to racing on large 10th scale tracks against 10th scale trucks..

by the way.. the mongoose will work well on a small carpet track,, just as long as you gear it properly
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 PM

've gotta chime in here, Just this past sat. I watched two novaks burn up in detta st's. guys running them were accomplished racers looking for power. though I've never tried one myself after watching this I would have to agree with jeajw1 on this note. The ammo mentioned is fast and reliable and the neu motor is just flat rediculous, I own both and belive the neu is overkill in most situations. BUT IT"S FUN!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 PM

not everyone has the luxury of running on a small carpet track,, and even thse that do... they are still burning up their mongooses.. like i said before.. any motor system that has to be geared that high and then you have to cut out the chassis to allow for better ventilation cause the thing gets tooooo hot.. then it wasnt meant to be..

i did a thrid party test with novak,, and i did bring this to their attention. tested the 13.5 and the 8.5,, and when i couldnt get the 8.5 to run past 3 minutes .. i gave up.. and i had it geared at 12/49.. the speed at that point was very disappinting.. so i didnt even bother trying to get the 13.5 to work without shutting down..

like notfastenuff stated.. he watched 2 of them go up in smoke... and the guys in the UK were having the same problem.....

the mongoose iis not the end all be all of systems... does it work,, yes..... is it smooth.. yes.... is it effeicient enough to work in my application or others that run on 10th scale tracks... no!!!

they do have national races for 18th scalers on 10th scale tracks.... not every 18th scale race is held on a 18th scale track,,, so testing should be done to the absolute extreme to know what the system can and can not do...

like i said before.. i have a friend that has the 10.5 in his,, he runs on a 10th scale track as i do.. and he is disappointed in the power and speed.. says he wish he had more.. i let him drive mine and he noticed immediately that the neu system had way more power and speed.. the 1105/1.5y isnt the only motor that NEU makes.. there is a 2y and 2.5y ,, and any of those motors can suit any application of tracks that are out there..

run what works..

this was my point long ago when i teasted the 8000kv mamba in my vendetta and switched over to a larger more poweful motor.. if the system is getting hot.. and you are geared to the top.. then it doesnt belong..