YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-05-2005, 05:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
8 cell pack from blindbatts,, perfect fit,, and since my charger will only charge 8 cells at a time,, i opted for this,, and also i hear the 8000 motor wont handle anything above 8 cells,, just switch to 13t/60t and man this thing is torque happy,,,, i have to check the diffs,, i heard some crunching when given full throtle,,, tomorrow i will try out 11t/60t,, and see what fun i can get inot..
Old 03-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Micro Novice

I GOT MY MAMBA IN THE OTHER DAY, AND AT FIRST, WAS VERY DISAPOINTED. I CALLED CASTLE BECAUSE IT HAD NO TORQ, AND WAS SLOWER THAN THE PRO RK 370. THEY SAID I HAD TO USE GP1100 CELLS. MY BATTERIES WERE NOT BIG ENOUGH. THE MOTOR HOWEVER MOUNTS RIGHT TO THE MOTOR MOUNT, WHICH WAS A RELIEF. I HAVE NOT DECIDED WHETHER TO GO0 WITH THE GP OR LIPO'S, BUT IT PISSES ME OFF THAT YOU SPEND THE MONEY FOR A MOTOR ANS ESC, THEN FIND OUT YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO GET IT TO WORK RIGHT. HONESTLY, FOR THE MONEY, THE PRO RK WAS A WAY BETTER DEAL. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR ESC, WELL NOT THE STOCK ONE, BUT YOU CAN GET THE REMOTE,ESC, AND RECIEVER FROM TOWER FOR LIKE 70.00 FOR THE FUTABA, AND THE MOTOR WAS ONLY LIKE 25.00, AND IT WAS SUPPER FAST.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
Quote:
Originally posted by jaejw1
8 cell pack from blindbatts,, perfect fit,, and since my charger will only charge 8 cells at a time,, i opted for this,, and also i hear the 8000 motor wont handle anything above 8 cells,, just switch to 13t/60t and man this thing is torque happy,,,, i have to check the diffs,, i heard some crunching when given full throtle,,, tomorrow i will try out 11t/60t,, and see what fun i can get inot..
almost forgot about this thread,,, well i melted the dring plastic area,, inside the diff,,, and i melted the wire ,, i had a ghetto set-up,, now that im running straight deans,, this thing is a rocket,, running 13t/60t and this thing is fast enough,, and has plenty of torque,, i cant imagine what an 11t/60t will do,, i havent tried it yet,,, going to keep with the 13t pinion,, cant wait to see what it will do at the track,, waiting for my monster off road wheels.. check out my video in the gallery,, and you will see what 7 cells can do,, 8 cells is just insane
Old 03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Micro Novice

i have to get me some new packs. i found some 1100 packs on cheep battery packs.com, they were 40.00 for 2. are their packs any good, they already come with deans ready to go.also, the pinion gears for the mini t will fit this thing right? i keep trashing the cheep plastic ones.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Micro Master

Send a message via AIM to quietfly
Quote:
Originally posted by ericmcgehee
I GOT MY MAMBA IN THE OTHER DAY, AND AT FIRST, WAS VERY DISAPOINTED. I CALLED CASTLE BECAUSE IT HAD NO TORQ, AND WAS SLOWER THAN THE PRO RK 370. THEY SAID I HAD TO USE GP1100 CELLS. MY BATTERIES WERE NOT BIG ENOUGH. THE MOTOR HOWEVER MOUNTS RIGHT TO THE MOTOR MOUNT, WHICH WAS A RELIEF. I HAVE NOT DECIDED WHETHER TO GO0 WITH THE GP OR LIPO'S, BUT IT PISSES ME OFF THAT YOU SPEND THE MONEY FOR A MOTOR ANS ESC, THEN FIND OUT YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO GET IT TO WORK RIGHT. HONESTLY, FOR THE MONEY, THE PRO RK WAS A WAY BETTER DEAL. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR ESC, WELL NOT THE STOCK ONE, BUT YOU CAN GET THE REMOTE,ESC, AND RECIEVER FROM TOWER FOR LIKE 70.00 FOR THE FUTABA, AND THE MOTOR WAS ONLY LIKE 25.00, AND IT WAS SUPPER FAST.

this isn't a cheap hobby. You have to spend money to get the proper complimentary parts or you will just be wasting money.

I have a 6800 in my rc18t, and with my 3 cell lipo it is INSANE. I won't even use my normal 8 cell matched pack any more. there's just no comparision.

put the proper batteries in and you will not dissapointed.

Also the mamba link is a great tool for getting the most out of your mamba.

like anything RC is a cumalative investment, but if you save up and do it right you'll be very happy.

Just my 2 cents ( or $98,2531.00 CDN)
YMMV

-chris
Old 03-31-2005, 01:29 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

quietfly,

An excellent run down there.
You have to do things correctly in this hobby.
A shoe-string budget and piece-meal approach only leads to frustration...
Old 04-04-2005, 05:06 AM
turtle speed

Finally, I had a chance to run my Mamba 5400 powered IBS... What a blast!! I'm having so much fun with this truck..

I have a 2s2p 2100 mAh LiPo pack, which gives loooooooooooong runtimes --> after 2 15-20 minute bashing sessions, I measured 7.92 V from the pack(which still has the initial URC charge from December 2004) ... Well, gonna hook it up to a charger today, can't wait to see what kind of runtimes I'll end up getting..

I have to agree with Mondo, the Mamba 5400 seems like the right choice for 1/18 trucks... It's really fast with "just" 2 LiPo cells, 3s pack would probably be too much for me.

Also, I'm positively suprised at the performance of the IBS. Besides the Trinity on-road tires, so far I have only upgraded to 3racing oil shocks + added the wheel bearings... It handles really well and seems quite durable.

Here are a few new pics of my truck:

Last edited by turtle; 04-04-2005 at 05:19 AM.