YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > XRAY M18T > M18T Discussion

Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Micro Master

3 Racing Parts.... Not as bad as some would say.

Firstly I would like to point out I am a owner of 3 Racing CVD's I can't comment on strength they seem sronger than my comp so that's good.

2 Fitment.

yes with the XRAY bearings they have slop, I went to my LHS and bought a set of 10MMx6MM Bearings which were a much snugger fit, I may never get the bearings off again. and the slop has gone.

the 3 Racing hubs are brilliant solid fitting and the bearing (Even Xrays) Fits V Snugly. You do lose the bump stop tho (Who need's bump stop when you have EPA)

The One thing i will say if mixing parts the best fitment for mixing parts are the 3 Racing hubs and the Xray CVD's
Old 03-22-2006, 02:53 PM

The funny thing is that I have the atomic and know others who had the 3 racing. THey are pretty much the same design (in fact I think they come from the same company except they get the anodization different).

We all had slop issues with the axle being a bit too small (have you calipered it?). When we went to xrays aluminum axles (which weight about half as much as the 3 racing ones) the slop was reduced greatly.

Bump stops are still good though as EPA wont help a bit when you hit something.

Last edited by oXYnary; 03-22-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by oXYnary
The funny thing is that I have the atomic and know others who had the 3 racing. THey are pretty much the same design (in fact I think they come from the same company except they get the anodization different).

We all had slop issues with the axle being a bit too small (have you calipered it?). When we went to xrays aluminum axles (which weight about half as much as the 3 racing ones) the slop was reduced greatly.

Bump stops are still good though as EPA wont help a bit when you hit something.
Nope I've not calipered it what i did do tho is replace the bearings which made it a much tighter fit than they orignally had and reduced slop quite abit (they are as good a Xray fitting now) it may have just been luck as for the weight well the 3 racing are heavier but with a tuned 380 in there I doubt it's going to make any difference.

I took her for a drive last night after fitting her up with the bling bits Looks wise i think the Xray alu driveshafts ( i got them on the front) look better with the 3 racing hubs. and the atomic titanium turnbuckles are awesome.

As for how she drives, she's still a bit skittish on corners and when she has grip will easily wheelie (Grip is a massive problem) she will spin the wheels even when going from 50% throttle to 100%.

It's tempting to put a massive pinion and go for high speed, At the moment I'm running a :-

32000 RPM motor, 12 Tooth pinion, 7.2V Intellect pack, and the MT wheel which are 30% bigger than the M18T's wheel (and I don't think that's including the tyres. I think the motor's a 6volt varieity

I'm reconing she's getting close to 30MPH I just need a long strait than I can get her upto top speed.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to acsubie
i put a caliper to the 3R shafts and the Xray ones were def a tad bigger for the tighter fit on the original bearings

but like you mentioned, new, smaller bearings will cure the problem with the 3R CVDs
Old 03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
wait, 14 turn is it?

Send a message via AIM to builthatch
i as well received a bunch of 3racing parts for this truck today...i am curious if anyone can explain the different discs that come with the adj. alloy shock assemblies from 3racing? one set has one hole and the other set has 3 holes...i'd imagine they come assembled with 2 hole units???

it's been years since i've had oil filled units in my hands.

Fetted and Atomic Z2 powered Mini-Z mr-02 rocketship

Xray M18 w/ Cobalt 14 turn
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/50/6D/5594...-02000180-.jpg
Xray M18t w/ Cobalt 14 turn
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/63/03/5709...-02000180-.jpg
Old 03-27-2006, 04:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to acsubie
Quote:
Originally posted by builthatch
i as well received a bunch of 3racing parts for this truck today...i am curious if anyone can explain the different discs that come with the adj. alloy shock assemblies from 3racing? one set has one hole and the other set has 3 holes...i'd imagine they come assembled with 2 hole units???

it's been years since i've had oil filled units in my hands.

those are pistons, they control how fast or slow the shocks will dampen..more holes=faster dampening,less=slower
Old 03-27-2006, 04:27 PM
wait, 14 turn is it?

Send a message via AIM to builthatch
Quote:
Originally posted by acsubie
those are pistons, they control how fast or slow the shocks will dampen..more holes=faster dampening,less=slower
so it's safe to assume that they come with 2 hole units inside from the factory?

Fetted and Atomic Z2 powered Mini-Z mr-02 rocketship

Xray M18 w/ Cobalt 14 turn
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/50/6D/5594...-02000180-.jpg
Xray M18t w/ Cobalt 14 turn
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/63/03/5709...-02000180-.jpg
Old 03-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
In the kit it gives you a chose between the two piston heads..... All you will need to do is take of the shock cap and see how many holes are in the piston head...
Spektrumized
Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Micro Master

I Take it back....

Out racing last night caused major DMG. Granted the High speed impact with a crawling Team Losi, really finished her off.

3 Racing Hubs - 2 Bent.
Titanium Turnbuckle - Snapped
Pinion Gear Dissappeared.
two suspension mounts snapped. (Granted mine uses two on the front)
Front upper A Arm snapped.

Plus a few other pit a peices dissappeared.

So after some down grading and upping the Pinion to 19 tooth she's alot more sensible, superglue does not hold A Arms together too long. So I've goto order a set.... Sigh...

But out today for what time I did get she was much more stable at high speed (Only running on 4 shocks instead of 8) and did not spin as easily.

I still need to do some fine tuning on the steering and ride control (maybe a rear swaybar), as for top speed dunno but she's damn fast.

As for what I'm running now while i've got the M18MT up on repair blocks, Well my trusty RS4 Micro came out to play last night she's more or less stock apart from the battery ( Running 7.2V and soon moving up to lithium Poly on a Speed 300) The only problem I had with her was the battery breaking free and distorting the bodyshell so it touched the wheels.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Must have been a terrible crash man.....especially to break all those parts....hey at least you have a back up man.
Spektrumized
Old 03-28-2006, 05:09 PM

Ahem. Cough.. Cough.