YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 PM

Danz's MRS4's

Hey there,
I've gotten the mrs4 disease and went on a buying fest so I've got some pictures, and LOTS of questions.... so yeah I'm kinda new to the mrs4's, I've got a HPI Savage (well 3 of them in the family, mine, my brothers and my dad's). I've kinda got addicted to the electric side of R/C, I had no idea how fast these things could go, I mean I just tried one of the cars which isn't even the best out of the lot and it goes FASTER than my savage!!! anyway just a few things on myself, I'm 17 years old, still in school cept I don't go to school daily, instead I go every Wednesday and they give me alocated things to do, which is awesome. I'm in a family of 7, 2nd youngest. Can't really think of much to say so I'll get on with the cars already.

I first got interested by these things cause they drift, and they are small, I liked the fact that it was small enough to take places easily. So I bought like 3 before christmas, one for my brother, and one for me (this was the first time we bought presents for one sibbling only, and the alocation of money was $50 US.... lol). So I'm sure all of you know these things are no where near $50 bucks but I thought I could justify it cause I didn't get him a Bday present. Anyway it turned out to cost more than I expected, but I didn't care.

Then I bought 5 more off ebay, knowing 2 of my friends want one, (stock) I thought it was a good idea to get them second hand rather than spending huge amounts of money all brand new and then giving them our old ones.

The Cars:

???? what is this chassis ????

Penguin P3500 Wide

Penguin P3500 Narrow

Motek Exo1

Aktion Sleeper 480

And the parts that came with them:

Wheels gallor

WHAT ARE THESE RIMS???? PLEASE TELL MEEEEE THEY LOOK FULLY SICK!

I'll make a photo of all of them with bodies later on, I still need to get some paint and stuff for my and my brothers body. That brings me to one of my questions, can I use automotive paint on the lexan body? or will it chip off easily and stuff, cause my plan is to use the same paint im using to spray my BMX.

And I might aswell start with the rest of my questions:

Which chassis do you guys thinks handles best?

What is the limit of cells on a stock ESC?

Why does the stock rear diff (4 bevel gears) setup slip so much when you do it they way they want you to do it, kinda hard to explain, but you have those plastic washer things at the end of metal rod which connects to the wheels, one of them sticks out a bit, and the other one is flush, I find that you can't tighten it enough (too loose), is it just me? is there something wrong?, If I swap the sides on which the plastic spacers are spossed to go, i can tighten it heaps, but the other wheel is loose.

I noticed that they actually super glued the front and rear diff in one of them, is this done just for speed? like a spool on a real car, it doesnt break under huge power, is that the reason for it?

Then I noticed on one of the cars, it has a BB rear diff cept a standard front diff (not one way) are standards better for somethings and one ways better for other things? - same goes for rear, is there a benifit of having the stock 4 bevel gears for some things and the BB for other things?

Is all alloy in the front better than some plastic? Cause the only thing that is really void to breaking in these things are the drivetrain cause of the pressure. When it comes to buying hop up parts on hpi savages i was told to stay mostly with stock cause plastic absorbs the impact (flexes) where as metal is solid, and everything would get shaken up, plus plastic is cheap to replace. So is there a benifit of making it all alloy in the front? or is it more for bling bling....

I got a little fan from Justin too, lol what the heck is that for? a motor fan or something, where does it go and how much does it really help?

I'm also wanting to upgrade transmitter and receiver. I heard about those novak ones that dont actually require a crystal, cept then I saw the price.... so could I get the receiver and buy a normal transmitter with crystals and make them interlink? Only problem is that crystals get sold in pairs :/.
If that doesn't work, is there a small good receiver you guys know about?
Also I find that the transmitters I have, have really crap connection with the batteries, is it the transmitter or my batteries? is it worth getting a pack? how do I go about that?

What does 480 can mean? is it a diameter dimension or something? They have a large motor with everything, in the pics u can see it, its soldered to the esc.... but it says 7.2volts, and the sleeper that has the 480 motor mount has 9.6volts battery output, so whats up with that? :/

I just looked at the aktion rc website trying to see if i can identify one of my cars and they sell a chassis with 4 sub c batteries, doesnt that mean 4.8 volts? whats the point of that?

LOL thats alot of reading, sorry everyone....

I would very much appreciate anyone who answers some of my many questions.

~Danz

Last edited by Danzzigger; 03-08-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 PM

They only allowed 10 pics, so here is the rest of em :P

All the bodies

And Justins car! everything is in brand new nick, looks awesome.... I'll just let the pics do all the talking

So that's it, my collection. I'll be selling most of the stuff, all I need is 2 cars, 1 for drifting, 1 for racing, oh yeah and one for visitors, but thatll be stock most likely.

I've hardly touched any of them yet cause they might be setup for certain things, that's why I thought I'd pass it by you guys first.

~Danz
Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You might want to start a new thread in the mrs4 section....this will get it more viewing then the intro section. If you want i can move everything in that section and all you would have to do is copy and paste your intro into another thread.
Spektrumized
Old 03-09-2007, 03:25 PM

I'm interested in 4 or 5 of those LMP type bodies. I have some alum. bling bling if you want to trade or you could give me a price.

"IT RUBS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN"
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 PM

Yeah that would be nice alfred, I didn't think this really fitted into the introductions, cause I'm gonna be building them up to my standards.

Lucifuge I'm not interested in selling them till I know which one's I'm gonna be keeping, atm I hardly know anything about motors / escs / batteries / chassis etc :P

Plus I don't think I mentioned it in my first post, I'm from 'down under' so postage is a little bit more.

Btw just so that you guys know, I'm moving house atm so I won't have net for a while.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
All I have to say is that is one amazing collection. Nice to see some MRS4s.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:25 AM

looks as though you have a nice collection too, what do you think of the difference between ur tmaxx and the electric side of offroad vechiles u own? I find that my savage goes pretty slow compared to one of these mrs4's the aktion one goes bout 40kph i reckon just by looking at it, and it gets there really fast, where as a savage takes ages to get that fast and the maintainence on nitro vechiles . Though I don't think im very good at tuning nitro engines, i have the old nitro star 25 spossed to pull wheelies stock, havent seen 1 yet .
Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Thread has been moved, now all you have to do is reintroduce yourself.
Spektrumized
Old 03-10-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzzigger View Post
looks as though you have a nice collection too, what do you think of the difference between ur tmaxx and the electric side of offroad vechiles u own? I find that my savage goes pretty slow compared to one of these mrs4's the aktion one goes bout 40kph i reckon just by looking at it, and it gets there really fast, where as a savage takes ages to get that fast and the maintainence on nitro vechiles . Though I don't think im very good at tuning nitro engines, i have the old nitro star 25 spossed to pull wheelies stock, havent seen 1 yet .
Well, HPI Savage is a really big truck(1:8 scale), so with a 10th scale engine it's bound to go a little slower. My Tmaxx with the 2.5 engine can pull an easy wheelie with the right fuel mixture. I can even hit second gear in about 35 feet or so.

But, i still love my micros more. I have a Traxxas 10th scale on road but there is really no where to go all out with it where I live. Plus my P3500 LM gets up over 30 and can out accelerate my T-Maxx. Even still, I like setting up a track in the garage and racing my stock level micros.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 PM

yeah the reason I got a savage is cause it was said to be a stronger build but a little slower, it wasnt really for racing, more for bashing and thats what i wanted. There isn't really that much RC action in australia I don't think, mabye some indoor stuff, i donno. I'm trying to get my friends into it and mabye we can setup our own competition starting with stock mrs4's.

Is it hard swaping inbetween 2 different setups / cars? like if u were to get in a truck then in a sports car irl, cause i know what that feels like lol. Cause if I have a stock, drift, racing cars will it be difficult to adapt quickly to each of them?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Oh yeah, and thanks alfred for movin my post....
Old 03-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

It was no prob man......love your avatar.
Spektrumized
Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 PM

I'm not knocking on savage. The thing is a brute, it will definately take more abbuse than a T-Maxx.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Yeah no worries man, the savage and the tmaxx have their strengths and weaknesses.

Alfred or anyone, do you have some answers for my questions?
specially those rims.... mmmmmm black alloys.....
Old 03-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Looks to me like it could be these....... http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...06107501425.04
Spektrumized