YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 AM

getting ready for mamba and lipo

picked up an ebay 3s lipo and another 3s maxamps 1550. and my mamba 25 is in the mail as well. think im just gonna solder on TRX connectors. my questions are how are my stock dogbones gonna hold up? candy cane effect or just snap or will they live? also, what is the stock gearing on the pulse? what gears are popular solutions for lower and higher ratios on a lipo mamba?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Your rear dogbones will candy cane, and the front dog bones will snap from steering.

Stock gearing is 54T spur, 14 tooth pinion gear. Additional gears for the Pro-Pulse are 53T spur, and 13, 15 tooth pinion gear. Since the Mamba is extremely fast with a Li-Po, you'll want to gear it low to keep the motor cool. I'm actually using a Team Associated driveshaft with 55T spur, 13 tooth pinion gear in my Pro-Pulse.

You can take a look at how I transplated the Team Associated set up in my Project: T100(R) and also I later drop in a Mamba. http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19876
Old 03-04-2008, 01:20 PM

hey erock,

always glad your in this forum. so how long til your bones candycaned? ive got a couple spares layin around. i havent ran my pulse in months because i was too mad at megatech and since it wont run because of a bad reciever channel and that making the entire car useless unless i buy only their rx box.

so will the pulse's drive shaft only fit the two spurs you mentioned? have to go to a team ae shaft to equip that spur i assume? i cant say ive ever wrenched on my pulse. im always buys with my rwd 1/10's so awd is gonna be fun to learn. what brand of axles are you using? like em? reliable? what else is going to strip and die from the power? ill get on ordering it now so im ready at least.

on the 13/55 your running now what kinda driving do you do? more for speed and racing or lower speed and torquey bashing? what kinda temps or how cool is the setup staying? did you ever try your stock gearing on the mamba and did it heat up good? what kinda top speeds are you getting out of you 13/55 you think? is it torquey enuf for wheelies on tap with your gearing and the awd? what kinda lipo are you running? did you have to adjust the esc punch control or was it pretty user friendly out of the box?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Wow, you had a lot to say! LOL Let's see if I can answer your questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skawty View Post
hey erock,

always glad your in this forum.
Hey skawty, thanks a lot!
Quote:
so how long til your bones candycaned? ive got a couple spares layin around. i havent ran my pulse in months...
It actually takes a while to candycane. I haven't really been running my Pro-Pulse lately myself, ever since Radio Shack discontinued it. I don't like having to mail-order parts.
Quote:
so will the pulse's drive shaft only fit the two spurs you mentioned? have to go to a team ae shaft to equip that spur i assume?
Yes, you are correct on both questions.

Quote:
on the 13/55 your running now what kinda driving do you do? more for speed and racing or lower speed and torquey bashing? what kinda temps or how cool is the setup staying? did you ever try your stock gearing on the mamba and did it heat up good?
I have the Mamba installed in my Project:T100(R) vehicle. I do more speed driving with my Mamba set up, so that's why it's geared high. It does tend to run pretty hot. I do the torquey bashing with my low geared Monster T100.

Quote:
what kinda top speeds are you getting out of you 13/55 you think? is it torquey enuf for wheelies on tap with your gearing and the awd?
I've never had a chance to clock it, but it does zip around really fast!!! It's still torquey enough to wheelie if I squeeze the trigger too fast!
Quote:
what kinda lipo are you running? did you have to adjust the esc punch control or was it pretty user friendly out of the box?
I'm running a Thunder Power Extreme Series 2s Li-Po

You can see more pictures in my Project:T100(R) thread

http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthre...t=19876&page=3
I adjusted the punch control on my esc, and it wasn't very hard to do!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 PM

hey erock, what kinda wheels and tires are you running?

and what kinda parts have you had to mail order that you cant replace with team associated parts?

i did get my mamba today and dropped it into the truck. i have an 11.1v lipo that was kinda a no name from ebay but it has a weird balance plug on it and i would almost rather just not deal with having to go buy a hyperion plug that will work on my balancer so i might just ebay it, and pick up a max amps lipo with a trx adapter on it. i drove it today with a 1400 nimh and it was still a blast. i am definately not a fan of the punch control, i switched from low to normal but i really just need to turn it off. i want pure throttle when i tell her to go. but still a very very fast and fun car now. i strongly suggest anyone who enjoys their truck to switch up to the mamba. makes it a real rc

so do you drive any rc alot lately? what kinda rides ya got? haha im an addict anymore. im dyin to pick up another maxx. im kinda thinkin about the new 16.8 Emaxx. looks like alotta fun, but yikes its an investment for batteries...

oh and by the way, what timing do you run? do the team associated rc18t bodies fit over our shock towers pretty well? and do our shock towers interchange with team associated?