YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM

went bashing today...

i drove my t100 pretty hard today. i now have two batteries and a fast charger, so i got 6 charges through it today. i took it out in some good dust/dirt, and it was a load of fun. its pretty cool sliding around corners in the dust. i did get a steady supply of stones in the spur gear, it seemed like one got stuck in there every five minutes, sometimes i would have a couple stuck in the gear. i have seen the cover that one of the members on this fourm made, and i made one just like it, taped up the bottom slit on the chassis where the gear shows, and taped up the other side, and stones still got stuck in... is there anything i can do about this? its hard to beleive that everyone gets this many stone in it when driving off road, i mean i wasn't driving on gravel...

my servo is also making a grinding noise now, when i turn all the way to the right, it sounds like on of the little gears inside is slipping... is this something i can fix?

thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 PM

Curious to hear that you had little success with the gravel sheild. I have the twin motor conversion installed and ran it through what could be considered the worst case of dry, loose , dusty soil just filled with stones the perfect size to seize up gears. The only time I had a problem was when I forgot to screw down one side of the sheild. If you have the ability to post up some pics I would be interested to see them.
A couple things to note.. I haven't covered that slot on the bottom of the chassis because I think it is a way for some gravel and dirt to be ejected from the spur gear.
The other thing is I cut off those big fender wells on the body because all they did was catch everything the tires kicked up and directed it all under the body and onto the chassis.

As for the servo, sounds like you have a stripped gear. No way to fix it other than replacing the servo.

Last edited by BloodyBastard; 08-29-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Im glad you had fun today man.....just work on the gear cover til nothing gets in there, be inventive about it........and as for your servo you can go to your lhs to see if they have replacement gears, sound like you stripped the main gear-or if you want just get another servo.
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 PM

is there any way to replace a single gear, or am i in the market for a new servo?

thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Your servo could be a rebrand of another servo, just take it with you to your lhs, who knows they might just have the gears you need........it does sound like your output gear is missing a teeth.
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
Your servo could be a rebrand of another servo, just take it with you to your lhs, who knows they might just have the gears you need........it does sound like your output gear is missing a teeth.
The Megatech servo is not a rebrand, they manufacture their own. Check out these servos from the Megatech product site..

http://www.megatech.com/AccessCategory.php?CatID=servo

You might want to contact the Megatech Propulse support crew and see if they have any suggestions as well. You can get the info for that from the Megatech mainpage.

cheers
Old 08-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for looking out.........i guess i need to check there site more often. Guess im just used to xray rebranding theres.....lol......
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
thanks for looking out.........i guess i need to check there site more often. Guess im just used to xray rebranding theres.....lol......
What would be even funnier is if Xray got their servos from Megatech. Check out the 'manufacturing' link in the list on the left hand side of the page. As you will see, Megatech manufactures products for many brands and for anyone who wants something made.
This is why I was interested in the Propulse initially because I knew it was made by an 'original equipment manufacturer'.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 AM

i took the server apart last night, and more than half the teeth on one of the gears are gone. im surprised it worked as well as it did... i am headed to my lhs today, i will see if he has anything... are there any other servos that are just a drop in, and use the same mount and screw holes?

thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetta80 View Post
... are there any other servos that are just a drop in, and use the same mount and screw holes?

thanks
Any micro servo that can be a direct replacement for AE's RC18T is also a direct replacement for the Propulse. They are the same size and virtually use the exact same mounting configuration, so your lhs should have something on hand (no matter what manufacurer) that can be dropped in.

cheers
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 AM

sweet! i was worried it was going to be off the road for another week.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Category=44028

would this one fit?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetta80 View Post
Yes, that will fit.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 PM

well, my lhs has servos, and im going there anyway, to get the mrc 960
Old 08-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

cool let us know how it goes man.....and i hear thats a good charger.....i currently have two 959's.
Spektrumized