YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > Losi Mini-T > Mini-T Batteries

Old 02-21-2007, 01:12 PM

The Capt's Brushless Lipo 7.4 Micro-t

OK I had to do it so I converted my micro T to brushless using some old parts I had laying around and some new parts I bought. Here are some pics. So for this special project I figured it needed a special body. I love the old tamiya SAND SCORCHER so this body will get done up in the classic SAND Scorcher paint job.

Here it is: with electronics naked.
Hitec HS55 servo almost a direct drop in nothing a little dremeling to the chassis and the servo case could not fix (cant see it I'll get pics of it) for steering servo. I switched out the top two gears from the stock servo so I could use the stock servo saver. Sweet. Hard wired to the Receiver.
Tekin MINI RAGE BRUSHLESS ESC No case Perfect!! 20 bucks from a guy at the track. Hardwired to the GWS PICO naro 75MHZ receiver (from my micro boat) sorry!! Feiageo 12MMx22MM 5750KV brushless motor. Micron FP 250mah 12C 2 Cell Pack (bp HobBies) Fits in the stock compartment just have to trim the shrink wrap. and wiggle it in.
Tamiya 1/32nd scale 4x4 body. Threaded axles, Alum rear hubs(nice stuff off some privateer selling on ebay.) (HR)Alum rear arm stay. (Alum front c hubs. HR alum knuckles.
Micro deans connectors for motor, esc, batts.

Ok for performance man this thing is so smooth from a standstill to super ballistic. Wheelies for the whole pack. It runs literally for 35min. The ESC setup for default settings I didn't even play with the settings. I love how slow or how fast I can go with the Tekin controller. I had the lipos in with stock electronics but it was a little difficult to control. Seems like the control would STEP UP. Well there it is I know some are gonna say it is a waste but I run this thing a lot. I just cant get enough of brusless and lipos. I'm thinking of converting my lawn mower!!! LOL I'll get more pics of the body when it is painted. And some video.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Nice job man, looks good. Is your T stable at high speeds.
Spektrumized
Old 02-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Alfred,
It is pretty stable at high speeds as long as I dont have to turn quick. Some better shocks and some decent springs will help. They are on the menu. It is a speedy little bugger.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Glad to hear that man, so do you run that sucker inside or outside or both.
Spektrumized
Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Alfred,
I have only run it inside. I will give it a whirl outside when the weather gets a little nicer. Need to find some jumps and ramps and stuff for a good indoor bash session.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thats cool man.....i would love to see what it can do on the pavement........
Spektrumized
Old 07-31-2007, 09:37 PM

I love the Sand Scorcher,i made my Mini-T baja body looks like it,to bad i couldn't find the driver figure,great job! How about the differential ? Did it hold up fine?Did you use so me silicon grease in it?