YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 10-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Micro Novice

TLT newbie question

ok my tlt slops down to the right side when i press down on it (i was checking out the suspension)

i noticed that the truck's chasis doesnt come up fully on the right side (looking from the front of the truck {same side where torque steer occurs}) when i press down on the chasis. whereas on the left side it comes right up. i check the suspensions and nothing is binding. then i tried to see if the right side is heavier. sure enough it is (to complicated to explain how i did that). my question is this, is this normal. i mean i cant figure out why that side is heavier when the motor itself is on the oposite side. now granted my primitive way of seeing if the right was heavy is wrong. the other reason why i think it slops down to the right when i press on it is the dog bones from the center diff to the front and rear diff. its slanted. that could be causing the binding. i'm just stumped on this one. any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to pomme de terre Send a message via MSN to pomme de terre
i think it might be the oil shocks that arent filled evenly...
you can try switching the shocks from the rite side onto the left side, if the left side starts sloping, then you know its the shocks
Old 11-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Micro Novice

ya i tried the shock switch, no go.

someone told me that their tlt does that too and i dont need to worry about it.

personally i think its either the springs are too soft... or the driveshafts are binding due to binding.

or both.

i got another question though. i see some nice blue shafts around. who makes those? are there other aftermarket parts for the tlt aside from the option parts tamiya has i mean...

i want to keep it at its stock design in terms of length etc. just thinking of beefing up some parts and possibly getting some blingblings
Old 11-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Micro Master

I noticed my springs were too soft after I built mine, too. The motor torque would actually make it lean to one side! I have 6 and 7 cell NiMH SC packs that mount in the back, and that made the rear-end sag as well.

My solution was to simply stretch the springs. This puts more "pre-loading" on the shocks. If I remember correctly, I stretched my rear springs the most, so they wouldn't compress much under the batt weight and hard acceleration. The fronts I believe I stretch only a little, since they didn't have as much weight on them, and I wanted them to be a little more compliant when they hit large objects that I'm trying to drive over!

It's a free solution... just try to stretch each side evenly, and don't stretch them too much... it's pretty much impossible to "unstretch" them. Also, they might "bow" under compresion and bind on the shock (i.e. they won't compress straight, keeping their cylindrical shape). My rear shock springs do bow out a little, but they don't seem to bind.
Traxxas E-Maxx w/Hummer Body
Kyosho Mini-Z (MR-01)
Tokyo Marui 1/24 6mm Airsoft M1A2 Abrams Tank w/plastic linked treads
TT Raptor 50V2 Nitro Heli w/OS50SX-H, Futaba 9CHP RX/TX, GY401 gyro