YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-13-2006, 01:20 PM

New User Help

hi guys,

good thing i found this forum...you all seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable.....so here is my dilemma.....i bought a micro rs4 off ebay expecting it to be RTR with radio and everything........well, instead, i got the car and motor with some orion flash ESC....i tried plugging it into some old Sanwa radio that i had with my old tamiya buggy.....well....to make a long story short...it doesn't work.....so now i'm looking at maybe purchasing a new ESC (novak spy or futaba mc230 off ebay)......the futaba one looks like it needs different connectors on it so i'm not sure i'll go that route.....any suggestions as to what i should buy???? also, i was wondering how to connect these things together......on my old car, i had to connect the battery to the speed control (not electronic) and then there was a plug that had a switch on it that went back to the receiver.....there is not such a thing with this orion esc????? i'm really lost as to how to wire this thing????

and last....sorry....does anyone have a spare screw for the servo setup??? the previous owner must not have left it after taking off their servo.....

thanks

-roger
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I would go the futaba route....since its an esc where you can grow with the motors.....it will handle any micro mod motor out there.....the esc plugs into the rx as well as the servo.....the battery plugs into the esc.....and as for the battery and motor plugs of the MC230 a lot if not most of us switch them to deans plugs anyway......the stock plugs suck.
Spektrumized
Old 11-14-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
I would go the futaba route....since its an esc where you can grow with the motors.....it will handle any micro mod motor out there.....the esc plugs into the rx as well as the servo.....the battery plugs into the esc.....and as for the battery and motor plugs of the MC230 a lot if not most of us switch them to deans plugs anyway......the stock plugs suck.

thanks for your reply....
i read that the airtronics mx-3 is a good tx......would that be compatible with a futaba mc230???? otherwise i'll just get the bundle at tower hobbies for the 2pl for $100.....

thanks again...

i can't wait to get this car running....
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Yes it is a good radio, especially for the price......it was my very first FM radio, and yes it will work with that esc.
Spektrumized
Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 PM

What kinda screw are you looking for? If you are buying a new radio and receiver it might come with a servo and would have the screw to go with it (if that is the screw you are talking about).

Hope you get up and running soon!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Silver Supra Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Supra
Make sure to check if the radio-esc connection is of the same polarity. Old receivers don't use the same wire combination as the recent ones. You might have to switch the wires in the esc plug around. The Team Orion Flash ESC is a good ESC, and I think that it uses the new type of connection.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:30 AM

hey guys,

well i got the futaba mc320 ESC......now all i need is a transmitter, receiver, and servo....i tried to use the futaba esc with my old sanwa radio and the plug doesn't fit....i'm hoping that it will with my new radio....loooking at the Mx-3...if not, may just go with the futaba 2pl...not looking for something that's great....so if the 2pl will be ok, i may just get one of those......is there a distinct advantage of one over the other???

i hope the futaba esc will work with an airtronics radio...
Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Check the plug on the futaba, if theres a little tab on the side then all you would have to do is trim that part off.......and also make sure before you plug that sucker in that you make sure that the polarities of the leads are okay.
Spektrumized