YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > Losi Mini-LST > Mini-LST Batteries

Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Micro Novice

Runtime with 6-cell 1200Mah Ni-Mh pack?

Howdy,

Long time 1/8 nitro head here who just bought his first electric r/c and first mini at the same time (Mini-LST). What type of runtime should I be getting out of 6-cell, 1200Mah Ni-Mh packs? I'm getting like 5-7 minutes of full throttle driving before she starts to lose oomph, maybe 8-9 minutes until it's completely dead. This is driving on short grass (dead as it's winter here). Shouldn't it be longer than that?

I am pretty disappointed overall. My bud bought a RC18T at the same time and it gets up to speed faster, has higher top speed and about twice the runtime of the Mini-LST. It also handles much, much better.

Shoulda stuck with nitro I guess..............

Nutz
Old 02-27-2006, 12:39 AM

Talking

The mini lst is a good truck but those two motors will suck the power. Plus driving on grass bogs it down a bit . You should be getting a little more run time but if you switch to lipo batteries you will get more time out of it. There just expensive. I love my nitro trucks but the minis are addicting.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Micro Novice

Quote:
Originally posted by mostly broken
The mini lst is a good truck but those two motors will suck the power. Plus driving on grass bogs it down a bit . You should be getting a little more run time but if you switch to lipo batteries you will get more time out of it. There just expensive. I love my nitro trucks but the minis are addicting.
I think that's why I was so dissappointed with the runtime. This thing is hella fun to boot around the yard with, and when the batteries crapped out after 5 minutes I was like "waaaaaa, I'm not done playing yet!"

What types of runtimes are others in here getting with their MLST's with 1100-1200Mah NiMh battery packs?

Nutz
Old 12-23-2006, 10:08 PM

That's weird...I have an SMC1200 pack with LOTS of punch that lasts 10-12 minutes. I have Deans Connectors installed (full size, not the dinky micro plugs), but I don't think that'll do much.

Maybe it's my driving style.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Did you cycle the packs before you ran it......that might just be the problem.......if you want longer runtimes why dont you just run it with one motor, and you have to remember the mlst is a lot heavier then the rc18t. The dual motor and dual servo's will suck any battery dry.
Spektrumized