YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 12-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Extreme glitching

Today my propulse just started to glithc i cant even drive it becuase its like the transmitter doesnt di any thing,...could it be the batteries because i think i over charged em by alot....i couldnt remeber if I plugged em in so i just recharged em for another 6 hours.....

I think i might have installed a bettery backwards in the transmiter too.

never mind i took the crysatl out of the transmiter and now it works

Now it does it again.
Not it gltiches again.

Last edited by Jeffrey112; 12-13-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:36 PM

Still having trouble? Every 27/75 mghz FM or AM system I've ever used at some point had this problem. Usually I eventually fix it with some fiddling and not ever knowing exactly why it was happening or how exactly I fixed it. I've also heard many other racers talking about their own radio frequency mysteries. Eventually I got fed up of all the mysteries and got spektrum.

Since messing with the crystal had some temporary or intermittent affect, maybe you should try a different set of crystals. Could be one of your crystals has been knocked around a bit too much or could be that using a different channel may sit better with your particular receiver.

I doubt that it is your receiver batteries, as long as they are charged up and currently installed correctly.

All it takes is a loose wire somewhere in the car. Try unplugging all the wires and plugging them back in. Also check carefully for any wires that look ragged especially where they join the plug. Check the motor wires especially where they join the motor. Loose motor wires can freak out the receiver - this I think was for me the most common cause. The soldering can work loose after a lot of running. If this is the cause it won't necessarily cause a problem all the time, it could be undrivable one day then fine the next, as you describe.

Try different motors if you have any around. Those little funny knobs on the motor where the wires join are capacitors and they are designed to reduce interference from the motor.

I've had cars that glitch like mad, intermittently undrivable, put a new motor in, and it's back to normal. But funny thing is I could put the "bad" motor in another car and it would work fine. The solutions were usually like this, never made any sense. You can swap out certain components, say the receiver, and the problem may go away, and you'll think, ok, that receiver is bad. But actually the problem could be loose motor wires or bad motor capacitors and it just so happens that it doesn't affect one receiver like it affected the other, for the moment. Or it could be just that you had messed with some wires during the switch. Also I can "fix" a car by swapping out parts with another car and it will work fine for months and then suddenly go back to not working again. Mysteries, I tell you! Drove me nuts! :-D

I've also seen my cars glitch at a very specific point in the track. Once it was always at the end of the straight. Well that turned out to be motor wires as well, just so happened, it only caused a problem in the one spot because that was the only point I was reaching top speed.

Theoretically moving the electronics around in the car might help, especially don't put the receiver or antennae near the motor if you can help it, although I've never had much luck with this - never really seen it consistently cause or solve a problem, and I've done lots and lots of experimenting with my stock RTR micro RS4s.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Also check servo wires. I had glitching recently even though I'm using spektrum. It was bad enough I really couldn't drive the car at all. It kinda came and went for a while. Eventually I found a couple spots where the insulation had worn off the servo wire, and since I fixed that no problems. I could see how that might cause glitching that actually has nothing to do with radio reception.