YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews

Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 AM

I got mine before the care package came in the box. I had the defective wheel hexes, and the 2 rear wheels were tightened so tight that not only were the drive pins bent, but the wheels were tweaked. I called Losi, and was told I'd have wheel hexes, pins, and 2 rear wheels in a week. So I held off test driving until then. A week later, nothing. I spoke to a different person who said, "Hmm, they were never sent." 3 days later I get a package in the mail, that had 2 sets of diffs and fixed hexes. I didn't know there was a problem with the diffs before then, but I still had my wheel problem. I was mad, so I didn't want to bother contacting Losi again. Then several days later out of nowhere UPS arrives with another set of diffs, wheel hexes and 2 wheels. Great, only problem, they were 2 left wheels, since the rubber is directional. So I still got wobbly wheels due to bent pins, and one tweaked wheel.

I had the same problem as carmatic with the front seeming too soft, and diving excessively and unevenly. I tried refilling the shocks with 30wt oil, but same problem. So I added some preload spacers to the front, and it was better, but then after only 8 runs I noticed the front center dogbone and drive cups were getting severly chewed. I blamed this on the car driving mostly with its front wheels due to the center diff action, and the dive in the front end transferring weight. When I took it apart to install the center driveshaft, I discovered the front suspension was severly binding and it was getting stuck, hence the excessive dive. So I polished the hinge pins, and that's all good now.

But then, I discovered that the wobbly wheels had caused my dogbones to my wheels to start to get chewed, I ordered new pins and hexes, and some Integy UV driveshafts, and I think I finally got it. (fingers crossed) I'm waiting for my wife to clear her project off the floor so I can test it.

That's kinda why I had to vent. I've hardly ran this thing over the months, and I think I finally got it right, when I come across this thread, so I had say, my first impression was pretty bad, but I do see a lot of potential in the design, so I'm hoping it can work out. I'm just waiting for my diff problems to start, since I have all these extra diffs, and it seems to be such a popular subject.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:00 PM
1/18th SCALE UPGRADES

When I boiled my diff gears and parts, then filled with diff grease, I have never had issues with them since! Solved my diff problems, and they feel much more smooth.

Locking up the center diff today with silly putty.....then it should be pretty good to go!

URC

Sport71 Packs!

RACE71 Packs!

United RC Battery Pack Matrix

KRYSTAL MOTOR LINE:
The New Krystal - Re-Invented again, get on the motor revolution,

"You think I have a MOD complex? I am MOD!"