YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews

Old 10-13-2006, 08:26 AM

Cool Nb16

Nick, that gives you a good excuse to upgrade to the Adam Drake .09 motor
Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Armstrong_626

Just wanna share my new paintjob.

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00003.JPG (144.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00004.JPG (141.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
That is nice man........how long did it take you to paint that up.
Spektrumized
Old 12-27-2006, 11:39 AM

Help with carb settings

Hi

I need to know the # of turns out for the low speed setting screw (not idle).

The manual says its pre-set at the factory but does not specify # of turns. They specify 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 for the high speed.

Al
Old 03-27-2007, 03:55 PM
greed1

Unhappy help with two speed

hello
new to forum but had an NB16 for half a year runs realy great but needs a few up grades
how do you adjust the 2 speed and how do you know when you have it right
also a good site for upgrades in the UK is http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3007T.htm
they sell metal gear diff for £13
i just broke my plastic ones
graham
Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Azz949

Question Help with NB16-T - please.....

Hi everyone, as a total beginner I am new to this site and the joys (and pains) of these wicked mini nitro cars. I bought this....

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3010T.htm

A few months ago and am well pleased with it. It has Toki .06 engine, but still suffers the same fuel leaks from the manifold / exhaust gasket, the screws don't seem to do up tight enough, and the gasket was very brittle and broke easy but I've sorted it by making my own gasket and using gasket sealant.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced the low speed needle vibrating loose and actually coming out whilst running. The rubber is still in place. Its done it twice now, and only by pure luck and persistance I found it. Although the needle tip is now damaged, I've been trying to find out where I can get a new one from but have had no luck. Any help appreciated as it still runs, but not very reliably due to the damage to the tip!!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 PM

hi, nb16 trouble

HI THERE I JUST BOUGHT A NB16 RECENTLY AND WAS WANDERING IF I COULD FIT 12MM HEXAONAL ADAPTERS ONTO THE NB16 BUGGY . WHOEVER IS AVAIBLE TO HELP ME PLZ DO YOU R THE BEST GREATEST.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:56 AM

hi mate nice hex adapters. what mm size ar they? the size which will fit on the nb16? cheers buddy. nice car
Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 AM
etivac13

anybody know where i can get a user manual for this? thanks.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
hivilicious

hi.. i have a second hand nb16 im running it on omega nitro fuel 25%, the engine gets hot unsually fast,on idle the car accelarates, is this a problem with my nitro fuel?what is the recommended fuel % for the stock engine.. when i got this it was running smooth with the nitro fuel the original owner provided..my friend has a savage and we used his 25% fuel on my nb16..anyhelp would be appreciated thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
If i remember my nitro days i believe that you can go up in fuel percentage but you can never go back down in percentage. At least this is what i was told.
Spektrumized
Old 01-24-2010, 07:23 AM
tgb_rich

Another Newbie

Hi Guys,

New to the site!

My brother brought an nb16 buggy from here:

http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/24-nb16-nitro-buggy.html

He runs it on quickfire 16% and it runs great havn't had any problems with it he has smashed it a few times but they do all the parts 2.

Fixing it is half the fun tho =D
Old 03-01-2010, 06:15 PM

Hello all,

This thread is a very popular search result on Google. Thanks for everyone's input! I've been reading through as this car has literally just popped through my door this afternoon.

My impressions, for the curious:

I'm running 16% nitro, on which it seems happy. Haven't even started break-in yet, but I did manage to get it running after a lot of panicking about how hard I had to pull the starter cord.

You really have to be a bit vicious with the initial movement, don't you? Otherwise it seizes up on you. I'm hoping after run-in this gets a little 'looser' but it suffices to say the engine has a lot of pinch right now.

Out of the box instructions are crap for a beginner like me - just one page of text telling you to "break it in" but not how; the rest is construction diagrams which is great, but not for setup. No setup for the engine either, which was set wrong out of the box too. Thank heavens for the internet!

The stock servos are a bit naff. Especially the steering servo. I tried switching to a 2.4Ghz system, and it just can't operate on it. It bugs out and whirls from side to side at top speed if you give more than very slow changes to the input. If both servos are plugged in at once, they both bug out regardless. Flippin' proprietary radio systems! I have much bigger and more power-hungry servos that respond fine to that system. I'm using an Ansmann W3 and R3 receiver. I'll switch both of the servos out first opportunity I get.

So far this car has sat blarping on my desk and not much else, I'll try an apprehensive 27Mhz bash tomorrow and see what happens
Old 07-19-2010, 05:21 PM

Is 09 Mini-Inferno better?

It seems that the nitro Mini-Inferno is a much better car. Why would anyone get this when you could get a 09 Mini-Inferno with a bump starter on ebay for $325?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM

Lean Motor Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivilicious View Post
hi.. i have a second hand nb16 im running it on omega nitro fuel 25%, the engine gets hot unsually fast,on idle the car accelarates, is this a problem with my nitro fuel?what is the recommended fuel % for the stock engine.. when i got this it was running smooth with the nitro fuel the original owner provided..my friend has a savage and we used his 25% fuel on my nb16..anyhelp would be appreciated thanks
This sounds like a lean condition, not a problem with your fuel. I would richen the idle needle to calm it down at idle. Check the carb to make sure it isn't open a little bit at idle. Richen the high speed needle if the motor is getting too hot. You should have a good little puff of white smoke when you punch the throttle. Seal up the engine with blue RTV gasket maker. That should solve the problem.