YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > Losi Mini-LST > Mini-LST Gallery

Old 08-25-2006, 02:23 PM

My highly upgraded MLST

Few pics of my MLST to share, think I have darn near replaced everything! The thing is a screamer tho. I just got the new GPM gears installed with GPM aluminum gearcases, very nice! My setup:
Wraith bl motor/mamba esc
Holeshot silver cf chassis
3R shocks
Hot Racing shock towers, roll bar(replaced it with beefier bar), rear knuckles.
Monotuning wide kit
Caw axles and adapters/ with TLT tires & rims
GPM gears and gearcases
MIP center ball diff
3R gearcase braces
Mini T dual slipper
MIP center CVDS ( very nice)
TLT body
Maybe more but I forget, lol

TamTech Frog:Mamba6800,3R shock tower,HPI steel belted slicks, 3R knuckles,Tamiya shocks,
1/10 Frog:CRP items
Blackfoot:HPI rims & Moab meats, Tamiya CVDS, Sport tuned motor,Rooster,CRP items
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Pimp Jizzle

Send a message via AIM to Nitrolio Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrolio
the only thing i dont like about it are the tires, but man that is one hot truck. how do you like the diff cases, and what diff gears you using??? looks really nice man, have you seen the 1/10 stadium tires on the mlst, i saw them somewhere and they gave me a partial. LOL j/k gj man
Nitrolio
Old 08-25-2006, 04:43 PM

The 10th scale tires look horrible to me but the TLT tires are'nt quite that large so they fit better and give it a better look. Plus they give it a nice ground clearance, little more suspension with the bigger tires to. Handles really well.
Mentioned a few times, I just installed the GPM gears and bought the gearcases to match. I just got it all installed last night so have'nt had a chance to run it yet.
TamTech Frog:Mamba6800,3R shock tower,HPI steel belted slicks, 3R knuckles,Tamiya shocks,
Blackfoot:HPI rims & Moab meats, Tamiya CVDS, Sport tuned motor,Rooster,CRP items
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Pimp Jizzle

i dont know exactly which 1/10th scale tires i seen, but it looked really good. as for handling and driveability i couldnt answer that. i like the look of those tlt's but they almost look to big. looks good none the less =)
Nitrolio
Old 08-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Pimp Jizzle

oh and savage, tell me how that gear setup combo works, i may need to invest in some aluminum diff cases if it will prolong the life of the diff's. thanks
Nitrolio
Old 08-25-2006, 05:51 PM

Problem that I found is GPM made the gears to basically fit in their aluminum cases. I tried to fit them in stock cases but found the pinion has a bump behind that is fine in the GPM cases but not the stockers, so you would have to shave that bump down. The feeling was among others was that the GPM cases work better in the long run cause the plastic is SO crappy on the stockers that theirs to much flex.
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
That is one hell of a nice truck man.......
Spektrumized
Old 08-25-2006, 06:48 PM

Thanks for the comments!
Their was a comment made this truck is like a T-maxx have to replace everything to make it run right! lol
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Pimp Jizzle

i came back to this thread to see, and the pics are growing on me, im starting to like the tires, lol

i still like the step pin tires as well though. nicey nice
Nitrolio
Old 08-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Well yesterday I had a mixed day of fun with it, I was jumping it off a ramp and one landing it ass landed smack on the shock tower and didnt notice till I got home that it was bent over quite a bit! Pair of channel locks fixed that, lol.
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 08-28-2006, 03:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage030 View Post
Thanks for the comments!
Their was a comment made this truck is like a T-maxx have to replace everything to make it run right! lol
Amen to that. Nice truck, love the aluminum.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:35 PM
96744 Micro's

Looking good Savage!

I have to say that I like the Monster Truck look the stock TLT tires give the MLST! Especially with the wide track kit!

And they work good for general bashing around!!!

Tamiya M03M w/HobbyWing 13T Brushless
Corally RDX Novak GTB w/17.5 Hacker
or 13.5ss Novak solid
BMI DB12R nuff said
RC4WD CNC Bully MOA Axles w/ Kamikaze 4.0
Old 08-30-2006, 11:27 PM

Thanks X, I like that xray your trying to sell, now if one could mount up TLT tires on that, hmmm
Hornet,Lunchbox:
Old 09-05-2006, 09:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
how do you like that wraith motor.. im really thinking of getting one for my vendetta since the gearing is way low.. final drive is 7.11:1 due to such a small spur gear (45t).. going to run it with nimh 6cell ib1400 though,, no lipo for me..

are tyou able to use close to stock gearing with this motor,,, does it have more torque/power thn the mamba 8000.. i actually overheated mine in the dettta... too much car for the lil 280 size motor..
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM

Well you basically answered your question in the end, the mamba is'nt all that good for this truck, like you said to much car for it. I had talked with Troy at Bishop and he said the wraith is the best for a mlst and I agree, good all around power. I use TLT tires so I cant use stock gearing but maybe drop a tooth or 2 on the pinion to start with and check temps.
Hornet,Lunchbox: