YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Micro Novice

Motor Dead?

Equipment list: MC330CR ESC, XXL RX, Stock motor, 7.2v battery(fully charged).

Just got my new mrs4 built and i seem to be having some problems. Two nights in a row i have been able to run it no problem. Tonight is a different story. The steering works fine but the throttle does not. I have tried resetting my esc and still nothing. The light on it gets brighter and brighter all the way to WOT but then it turns off after wot is reached. The motor does not spin at all.

I've set it on the floor and given it a little push from behind while applying throttle. It moves, and the motor seems to kick in but only at a very low speed, and only for a short distance (2-4ft).

Im assuming my esc is fine and my motor is smoked? If so what caused this? Too much battery for the stock motor? Got too hot? Shortage?

Thanks for any help provided guys, i was having a blast with this little bugger i cant wait to get it running again.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
How was the your gear mesh on the motor man.......if the gear mesh is too tight then you will end up overworking the motor.....check the motor leads as well as the esc's.....make sure the connection is good, and if all is well your best bet would be to try a different motor.
Spektrumized
Old 07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Micro Novice

You might be right with the mesh being too tight. everything else seems to be in the right place, no wires are crossed and everything is nice and snug. maybe i was subconciously smokin the stock motor for an upgrade to more speed

I did switch out the tamiya connectors for a set of deans on the esc. but if my solder wasnt very good i wouldnt have been able to run before, or have steering right?

so, any suggestions on a motor? chubby? fireball? speed 300? (the one i cant find a link for lol)

thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
I would go with the speed 300 motor....very affordable....that is if you dont mind adding 103 caps and your choice of wire and plug.......check this site out...go with the 6volt version.....

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jmend...otorsmain1.htm

dont forget that you will also need to get the 300 motor plate for this.
Spektrumized
Old 07-13-2006, 08:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Silver Supra Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Supra
What about the Trinity Micro Monster? $25 from Tower with caps, micro plug, and motor plate.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Micro Novice

Alfred: If i go with the speed 300, do i just order the one 'Quick Capacitor Set' listed below the speed 300? And im assuming is not very difficult to add? I've never done it before but dont mind trying! And my plan was to just snip the bullet connectors off the kit supplied part and re-use those.

Supra: Thanks, i'll check that out too. do you run one? if so, how is it?
Old 07-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yes in fact that might just be easier for you to install...... I ran the Micro Monster and its alright.....but i would really stick to the Speed 300.
Spektrumized
Old 07-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Micro Novice

thanks, i've contacted that company about getting the speed 300 shipped to Canada but have yet to hear anything back.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Well let me know what goes on man......cant have you dead in the water now can we.
Spektrumized
Old 07-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Micro Novice

i heard back from them yesterday. they should be here sometime nextweek. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Did you get the motor plate and cap board as well......or do you have the bb motor plate.
Spektrumized
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Micro Novice

Yeah, i did get the cap board and the motor plate from them aswell. I actually got two of everything cause there is no way my girlfriend would allow me to upgrade and leave her stuff stock hahaha.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Thats cool man......nice to have someone that has the same interests as you.....well let us know hot it goes.
Spektrumized
Old 07-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Micro Novice

the stuff arrived today! cant wait to get it installed and give it a try... now i have a project for the weekend!

one question tho.. do i just drop the cap board over the two tabs the motor wires connect to and solder it there? i dont have to worry about what side is + and what is - until i add wires correct?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

You are correct.....but just make sure to use a red marker so you can see which tab is positive......and please post some pics in the gallery when you get everything installed man.
Spektrumized